The Professional "victims" are back!

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Eric Janson
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

The Professional "victims" are back!

Post by Eric Janson »

These two again...... :roll: :roll:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49532427

The whole thing is beyond absurd imho!

Here's a suggestion - put them both on the "no fly" list and have every Airline in Canada do the same. Don't forget to tell them in French! :wink:
---------- ADS -----------

Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find in this business
mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: The Professional "victims" are back!

Post by mixturerich »

Next time I’m on an AC flight out of Montreal and the French captain does a “more detailed” PA in French than in English, I’m going to sue too! Because as an Anglo I sure don’t want to be treated unfairly. It works both ways!

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

They must be quite the pair to vacation and socialize with :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GhostRider6
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GhostRider6 »

I was appalled at this....

This vexatious couple still prefers to fly Air Canada! Despite taking them to court... the judges are just feeding into their disordered inner workings that’s for sure!

So, when I’m in Vancouver, can I sue because there’s Chinese lettering bigger than English or in some cases, non- existent English?

Eric Janson
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Eric Janson »

From the article:-
Ontario couple Michel and Lynda Thibodeau filed 22 complaints against the airline in 2016.
and
It is not the first time the couple have accused the airline of violating their linguistic rights. In 2014, the Supreme Court ruled that they could not sue Air Canada over a mistaken drink order on an international flight
It's quite deliberate. A couple of low life Grifters pretending to be language activists imho.

Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find in this business
Gino Under
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Gino Under »

Well, technically, LIFT is English. Seat belts are a significant part of the on-board safety equipment. The seat belts ARE uni-lingual English. Air Canada is subjected to both the Charter and Quebec language laws as are all Quebec based companies. So it’s easy to see how the plaintiffs won. Air Canada failed to deliver as far as safety equipment is concerned.
Thank gawd it was only $21K and not millions.
I think all Canadian air carriers should jointly agree to not allow this couple to travel on their aircraft.
For safety reasons, of course.

Gino

"I'll tell you what's wrong with society. No one drinks from the skulls of their enemies!"
mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

I would have thought the visual demonstration would cover their butts. Are blind and deaf people going to sue because it’s not engraved in brail? Where does it end. Plus you don’t see Anglophones suing because the captains PA was “more detailed” in French. Or suing over French-only signs in Québec. If I were that couple I would be embarrassed.

pecessix
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by pecessix »

you don’t see Anglophones suing because the captains PA was “more detailed” in French.
That is because anglophones do not understand what the captains says in French! :wink:

Eric Janson
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Eric Janson »

I'll bet the seatbelts on Air France just say "Lift" and nothing else.

In fact I'll bet this is the case at Airlines all over the World.

I'll check and see what it says on our aircraft - although I'm pretty sure what I'll find.

Return to “Air Canada”