British Pilot for AC?

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: British Pilot for AC?

Post by altiplano »

I thought you had all the answers schnitzel.
---------- ADS -----------

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

altiplano wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:07 am I thought you had all the answers schnitzel.
So you're a jerk even when people are trying to be civil with you eh?

Got it :roll:

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Because I'm not taking your bait?

The fact you put "genuinely curious" is funny... I mean what else would someone asking a question typically be but curious?

I'm happy to answer anyone's questions, on the forum or by PM, I think lots of users would attest to that... but as I said, I thought you had all the answers. Last time I had any discussion with you, you just trashed on me and AC...

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

It wasn't bait, and I think it would be a great question to answer for all those interested, particularly the OP, if you have an accurate answer.

The last discussion we had was heated between me, you and 2 other AC pilots who began measuring pay cheques instead of discussing the point of the original poster, which was 4 year flat pay. I commented in my final posting on there that you made some great points regarding benefits of which I was not aware, hoping to calm the discussion, and return it to normality.

That is obviously not this discussion, I was honestly curious what type of work an average 777 FO is putting in per month to earn an 18k dollar paycheque.

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

I think I answered that question anyway in my first post in this thread, but if someone else or the OP is genuinely curious about more specifics they can PM me and I'll be happy to fill them in.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

altiplano wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:28 pm
schnitzel2k3 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:06 am It wasn't bait, and I think it would be a great question to answer for all those interested, particularly the OP, if you have an accurate answer.

The last discussion we had was heated between me, you and 2 other AC pilots who began measuring pay cheques instead of discussing the point of the original poster, which was 4 year flat pay. I commented in my final posting on there that you made some great points regarding benefits of which I was not aware, hoping to calm the discussion, and return it to normality.

That is obviously not this discussion, I was honestly curious what type of work an average 777 FO is putting in per month to earn an 18k dollar paycheque.
You made your disdain for Air Canada Pilots clear, and you took that topic off the rails with how great your decisions have been and how much money you make and how you'd never go to Air Canada, so why do you care what our schedules are?

I think I answered that question anyway in my first post in this thread, but if someone else or the OP is genuinely curious about more specifics they can PM me and I'll be happy to fill them in.
Disdain for pilots who fail to acknowledge the shortcomings of the experience/pay gap starting out at Air Canada. We've been there and argued that. I'm done arguing that, as it seems you've got the message.

I am proud of what I have accomplished, and I am happy to help out those who seek careers outside of the airlines. I always discuss Air Canada as an option for newer pilots. You guys jumped on me pretty heavily when I alerted you to the fact that I wasn't apart of some lesser airline that you could immediately throw me under the bus for. I recognize that eventually the pay cheques at AC can be rather fat, I just wanted to qualify those pay cheques with the work that those pilots put in.

Earlier you said senior guys are working approximately 10 days per month. It's a vague statement, as working on a 777 typically leaves you far from home. I wanted to clarify how those pairings were structured and what a typical 5 yr vs 12 yr 777 FO would see away from base, in a month where they are working draft to get that exclusive 18k per month. If a pilot doing draft is working and only away from base 10 days per month, that's pretty respectable.

If a pilot is away from base 15-20 days per month @ yr 12, well that is something to think about too, and helps to qualify those numbers a little more.

Hence a sincere question.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Nobody cares where you work, and I didn't get your message.

I think people might have "jumped" on you when you said they were all cop outs and failing the whole Canadian industry.

Glad to hear you're doing good and proud of your accomplishments.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

altiplano wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:32 pm Nobody cares where you work, and I didn't get your message.

I think people might have "jumped" on you when you said they were all cop outs and failing the whole Canadian industry.

Thank you for at least qualifying my jerk comment.

And you did get my message.

"Everything should be higher, but 4 year flat, NB CA, and FO:CA ratio in that order should be the focus."

TheStig
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by TheStig »

Godwin's Law on AVCANADA: if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to flat pay, the point at which effectively the discussion or thread often ends.

There aren't any hidden secrets at AC, everyone has the ability, with respect to their seniority, to find their own balance between pay and lifestyle. It's a moving target. Flying shifts between fleets and each fleet shrinks and grows across the bases constantly.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:40 pm
altiplano wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:32 pm Nobody cares where you work, and I didn't get your message.

"Everything should be higher, but 4 year flat, NB CA, and FO:CA ratio in that order should be the focus."
LOL... I'm the jerk by not engaging you, and giving you you're answers? Only one name calling is you... very mature & professional.

And that's not a message from you, that's basically the results of a recent pilot survey by the union. Didn't need a memo from schnitzel2k3, thanks.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

altiplano wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:21 pm
schnitzel2k3 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:40 pm

LOL... I'm the jerk by not engaging you, and giving you you're answers? Only one name calling is you... very mature & professional.

And that's not a message from you, that's basically the results of a recent pilot survey by the union. Didn't need a memo from schnitzel2k3, thanks.

Meh, sometimes opening a discussion with you causes one to drop down to your level, I summarized my impression of your attitude in one word and called a spade a spade. The fact you couldn't let bygones be bygones and answer a basic straight forward question without a snarky response sealed it.

The problem for you is you are engaging me, unfortunately not by giving a straight forward answer and keeping the thread on topic but that's ok. I was hoping it might help other users. Sorry to have left your ego so bruised after our last interaction.

I'm glad someone is getting the message at Air Canada. I look forward to seeing the improvements in the 2020 opener that you may or may not think are necessary.

Return to “Air Canada”