looking for Air Canada pilot directory

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

davidhk01
Rank 0
Rank 0

looking for Air Canada pilot directory

Post by davidhk01 »

I am looking for Air Canada pilot directory online. Also, I wonder if there is any online resource where I can search retired Air Canada pilots.
---------- ADS -----------

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: looking for Air Canada pilot directory

Post by yycflyguy »

davidhk01 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:38 am I am looking for Air Canada pilot directory online. Also, I wonder if there is any online resource where I can search retired Air Canada pilots.
I hope that doesn't exist. There is an expectation of privacy in Canada.

avflyer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by avflyer »

acpa.ca might help, but you must be a member (active AC pilot). Otherwise you're SOL

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Member directory on the ACPA site, but it's members only.

pigboat
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by pigboat »

Delete

Rooster69
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rooster69 »

There is no public directory.

No one is going to send an anonymous person any information about active or retired Air Canada, or any other companies’ pilots.

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

Rooster69 wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:23 am No one is going to send an anonymous person any information about active or retired Air Canada, or any other companies’ pilots.
Well, not for free anyways

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

Schools have no problem letting people know who their staff are. Also, many people advertise themselves as employees of different places. I fail to see a privacy problem with this. A lot of us have lost track of friends over the years and it would be nice to find them.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

ayseven wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:00 am Schools have no problem letting people know who their staff are. Also, many people advertise themselves as employees of different places. I fail to see a privacy problem with this. A lot of us have lost track of friends over the years and it would be nice to find them.
Passing your employee's personal numbers around isn't a privacy concern? Should they also provide the home address and annual income?

If I call my kids school and ask them for the cute kindergarten teacher's phone number they are going to give it to me?

jpilot77
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jpilot77 »

If you’re looking to track down old friends use Facebook.

Welcome to Redneck Airlines. We might not get you there but we'll get you close!
shimmydampner
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by shimmydampner »

ayseven wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:00 am I fail to see a privacy problem with this.
Really? You fail to see a privacy problem with your employer posting your personal information online? Can you define 'privacy' accurately?

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Boys, he just needs a cold calling list to get that much needed OTS internal reference.

*cough cough* LinkedIn.

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

altiplano wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:47 am
ayseven wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:00 am Schools have no problem letting people know who their staff are. Also, many people advertise themselves as employees of different places. I fail to see a privacy problem with this. A lot of us have lost track of friends over the years and it would be nice to find them.
Passing your employee's personal numbers around isn't a privacy concern? Should they also provide the home address and annual income?

If I call my kids school and ask them for the cute kindergarten teacher's phone number they are going to give it to me?
Well? Did you ge it? :lol:

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

Mr schnitzel, if your comment was for me, your are 100% erroneous. I have no application to AC nor will I ever be making one. If people don't feel comfortable putting their info out there, it should be their choice.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

ayseven wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:31 am Mr schnitzel, if your comment was for me, your are 100% erroneous. I have no application to AC nor will I ever be making one. If people don't feel comfortable putting their info out there, it should be their choice.
It was in jest.

Asking for a private directory of airline personnel is, as most have pointed out, suspicious. Plenty of resources out there to track down old friends.

🍻

Return to “Air Canada”