Will AC ever get a YYC base?

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

GreenBastrd
Rank 1
Rank 1

Will AC ever get a YYC base?

Post by GreenBastrd »

Will AC ever get a YYC base? Ive been told there are almost 500 YYC AC commuters im curious if they would ever start up a base.
---------- ADS -----------

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Will AC ever get a YYC base?

Post by altiplano »

it makes sense if management could settle on a single wb type to do the nrt/fra/lhr routes. 787,777,330,767 all seem to get a kick at yyc rotating through the year. management is adverse to triggering paid moves too.

i think if ywg wasn't in the privatisation legislation ac would rather have a base on yyc for 320s.

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

If AC really wanted to put the screws to WJ, opening a Calgary base would be a prime way to do it. I bet a couple hundred pilots would leave for AC if it meant they would get to stay in Calgary.

tailgunner
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tailgunner »

PMG,
Everyone already has an ability to stay in YYC. It just means that one will have to commute to YVR or,YYC.
If there are WJ pilots on the fence about AC due to their perceived domicile, they need to know that under a seniority based system even if a YYC base were to magically and instantly appear, they would probably not be able to hold it anyways.
If 500 AC pilots live in YYC, it is probable that 200-300 of them would bid to be based in YYC.
Eventually, a new hire from WJ would be able to also be YYC, but not right away.
My point is this, DO NOT WAIT. Get hired by AC at the first opportunity! Worrying about commuting is almost pointless. Some hate commuting, some commute for their entire career, and don't mind at all.
Cheers

Return to “Air Canada”