Coronavirus Numbers

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

BTD
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Coronavirus Numbers

Post by BTD »

I will take no side in this debate, here on the forum.

But ideas stand or fall on their own merit. Even if the person who espouses them is detestable to some. Attacking the speaker as a degenerate does not lessen their argument or stance. The argument must be countered head on. Not dismissed because of past deeds.
---------- ADS -----------

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

BTD wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 4:37 pm But ideas stand or fall on their own merit. Even if the person who espouses them is detestable to some. Attacking the speaker as a degenerate does not lessen their argument or stance. The argument must be countered head on. Not dismissed because of past deeds.
So exactly correct. Sadly, people from Rockie's side of the spectrum are so shallow, that they don't even discuss the merits of the argument, only separate stuff, which shows that they lost the argument long ago.

By the way....as we just discovered with Flynn, we see exactly what Black was writing about when it comes to the FBI in certain areas. They create a crime of obstruction of justice by tricking you into a lie. Some FBI folks might be getting very worried now that the truth is coming out.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker- ... -destroyed

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Ok, the argument. Where in Lord Pompous Prick’s solution does he reference public health and medical authorities recommendations on how to safely re-open society? Like Trump he considers himself another stable genius who knows more about everything than everybody.

Nobody falls for it except the Ripplerocks and Pelmets of the world. For every two-bit conman there are bigger suckers.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Pelmet did you actually read that article? If so you certainly didn’t understand it.

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

Rockie wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:52 pm Ok, the argument. Where in Lord Pompous Prick’s solution does he reference public health and medical authorities recommendations on how to safely re-open society? Like Trump he considers himself another stable genius who knows more about everything than everybody.

Nobody falls for it except the Ripplerocks and Pelmets of the world. For every two-bit conman there are bigger suckers.
I didn’t doubt your position on this for one second. Most intelligent individuals can see the logic in his words that continue to elude some, but not all. Continue to cower with your Liberal cronies.

Keep believing the statistics lie. The rest of us are waking up to reality and the idiocy.

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

Pelmet........remember that someone with over 7700 posts on AvCanada has not much else to do than post on AvCanada.

He likes to read his own opinion. Speaks volumes.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

RippleRock wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:45 pm Pelmet........remember that someone with over 7700 posts on AvCanada has not much else to do than post on AvCanada.

Number of posts is irrelevant. But once again, he just insults instead of providing any logical argument...because he has none....except, follow the medical authorities regardless of how many times it changes.

Follow my suggestions...quarantine the vulnerable as much as possible and let the rest get back to work.

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

The Trudeau government is increasingly frustrated by recent barbs thrown at it by Premier François Legault and struggles to understand Quebec’s decision to be the first province to gradually reopen all the while being the hardest hit by the COVID-19 virus.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/w ... ailsignout

haha, ah Quebec.. the hardest hit, and the first to re-open.... and also they want the military to help look after some elderly people.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

pelmet wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 10:26 pm
Number of posts is irrelevant. But once again, he just insults instead of providing any logical argument...because he has none....except, follow the medical authorities regardless of how many times it changes.
[/quote]

Well now we can agree on something Pelmet, I do support following the medical authorities advise. Congratulations for picking up on that. As far as insults go you’re only reading a tiny fraction of what I’m thinking (have to maintain decorum on a public forum). I am surprised it bothers you though since you’re one of the large group of non-PC advocates and should appreciate that someone like me went to the trouble of learning your language. But then again your messiah is the most victimized whiniest bitch on planet earth so maybe not so surprising after all.

YYZSaabGuy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by YYZSaabGuy »

RippleRock wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:45 pm Pelmet........remember that someone with over 7700 posts on AvCanada has not much else to do than post on AvCanada.

Rockie's 1.46 posts/day is roughly equivalent to your own 1.55 posts/day. He has just been active here a lot longer than you have - it adds up.
Maybe try rebutting the man's position using reason and logic rather than some meaningless bullshit metric like number of posts? Sheesh.... :roll:

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

It is truly hard to believe some people on here are able to get away with saying. And it is not a debate, just as we know washing your hands reduces your chances of catching something. It is scientific fact, based on empiricism, not some random thoughts based on peoples' own imaginations.
Saying it does not work, does not make it true. Ignoring this disease, and saying "I have had enough" is maybe an understandable human emotional response, but it certainly is not based on any facts.

There is dangerous propaganda, and it is potentially deadlier by a long ways, than any quarantine. Conrad Black is a verbose old ninny. And that is as ad hominem as I am prepared to go.

I agree though, with the idea that enforcement of social distancing has not been consistent, nor has the policy itself. This was not necessarily handled the way it should have been, in retrospect, but here we are, and we have to adapt. We are all going to be OK, and we cannot let fear and desperation take over.

I am sure some of these postings must be by bots, but I have to say their English is quite good.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

So, Conrad Black supports a theory that gets the economy going again, big surprise, he doesn’t want to lose his wealth!
Will he be out there trying to attain some of that herd immunity, doubt it.
Ripplerock, Pelmet, et al, are you out there trying to get yourself some of that covid antibodies? Surely you must be out there trying to prove that it works, you must be going to the hot spots and then not washing your hands. According to this article 1% of Canadians have had the virus and yet almost 5000 have died.
I need some assurances before I defy health orders, so if you could please go get infected and report back how it went(Sarcasm, because Pelmet doesn’t understand it, so I’ll clarify, it’s ridiculous to support a method that will surely kill many more Canadians and almost no country worldwide has followed Pelmets suggestions, better?), so I can get on with my life.
P.S. I will not be fine, if this drags on, my retirement will almost certainly be pushed by years, my savings will be drained in months, when I’m downgraded this summer or worse on the CERB.

Last edited by mbav8r on Sat May 09, 2020 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

mbav8r wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 6:22 am So, Conrad Black supports a theory that gets the economy going again, big surprise, he doesn’t want to lose his wealth!
Got some news for you...neither does anybody else want to lose their wealth by losing their job, career, small business etc. Surely, one can figure that is applicable for millions of Canadian and Americans. It is quite possible that Black's money is in safe investments(of course, who knows). I suspect most of the kill the economy types have evaluated their financial position and feel secure, so same thing.
mbav8r wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 6:22 am Ripplerock, Pelmet, et al, are you out there trying to get yourself some of that covid antibodies? Surely you must be out there trying to prove that it works, you must be going to the hot spots and then not washing your hands. According to this article 1% of Canadians have had the virus and yet almost 5000 have died.
I need some assurances before I defy health orders, so if you could please go get infected and report back how it went, so I can get on with my life.
It has crossed my mind to just go out and become immune. The risk is extremely low and I have done other high risk activities where there were things beyond my control that could happen. Based on my profile, I wouldn't be surprised if the level of risk was the same as the skydiving or scuba diving I did.

Obviously, I haven't tried to get the virus and I wear a mask frequently when in public, but it would make things more convenient(after what would almost certainly be two weeks on inconvenience).

Of course one would likely get arrested for intentionally doing such a thing if found out. I suggest that your encouraging people to get infected might be criminal, you might want to retract that. I haven't encouraged anyone to get the virus...I encourage the policy makers to change their policies so all the low risk people get it.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2020/04/14/ ... s-covid19/

90% of Canadian deaths are over 60(and no doubt almost all those under 60 are with underlying causes). Lock them up(quarantine - which could voluntary if some really are willing to take the risk) and get the rest of us(which is 90% of the economy back to work. I suppose the paranoid could choose to be locked up as well.

So simple.

Pelmet - buy restaurant meals and try a Canadian vacation close to home this year.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

You know Pelmet I think there's real opportunity for agreement here. So far the only two people I've heard the concept of "isolate forever until there's a vaccine" from is you and your padded cellmate Jared Kushner. But if you can find any public health or medical authority here or in the United States actually recommending that I will join you in declaring them crazy.

In return, you have to recognize and agree with the principles stated in that McLeans article you completely misinterpreted, that is consistent with what to my knowledge every health authority is saying. Read the article again very carefully first before saying yes because you clearly didn't understand it the first time. Here's the link in case you don't remember what I'm talking about.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/e ... spartandhp

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Rockie wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 8:15 am You know Pelmet I think there's real opportunity for agreement here. So far the only two people I've heard the concept of "isolate forever until there's a vaccine" from is you and your padded cellmate Jared Kushner. But if you can find any public health or medical authority here or in the United States actually recommending that I will join you in declaring them crazy.
Correct Rockie...people like you and the actually vulnerable people should be isolated forever(unless they wish different and are willing to take a chance, just like skydivers do). I am quite happy to isolate people forever(but give them the option to risk their life if they wish to not be isolated).

At the same time, get the more important economy going. The economy is more important as we have proven over the last century with the millions who have died in car accidents, flu, work accidents etc(even if we try to minimize those deaths). Even the fake "I care about lives more than you do crowd" did the same for their careers as well over the years. Isolation is not so bad Rockie, you still have AvCanada to post your insults.

You might remember that I said this about the article's Release and Protect strategy..." Not fully as I suggest(get all the non-vulnerable people out an infected) but better than the huddle and destroy the economy crowd."

The Release and protect strategy that I advocate is even without enough testing as the economy is too important. Release and get the herd immunity. Protect the way I have advocated earlier in the thread.

Don't worry Rockie...I covered all the bases. And now the Quebec kids are going to school very soon(and they are playing in most places anyways), getting that immunity. Stay away from the grandparents and keep them isolated. The internet is fun in so many ways. You can review all my old posts for fun....and learning. 8)

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

I think that this thread has pretty much run its course... :smt014

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.

Return to “Air Canada”