Coronavirus Numbers

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Kaykay
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Coronavirus Numbers

Post by Kaykay »

There is no question that this is going to cost the world dearly financially speaking. My first thought every time a new benefit or stimulus or aid package is announced is “who is paying for it?” The answer is as it always is; those who pay tax. Make no mistake about that, we will all pay for what is being spent.

However, how many times as a Pilot have you told a passenger that a flight is going to go a certain way for a reason? You’re the expert in that circumstance and any reasonable passenger is going to trust the expert’s opinion. This is a Pilot’s turn to listen to the experts and follow their advice. Might be a shock that the Pilots are NOT the experts in this case but I’m sure you’ll get over it.

No matter how smart any one of us thinks we are, we chose to be experts at flying aircraft. This does not make us experts at global pandemics and health care matters. Let those experts guide the decisions being made just as we all make decisions in our own fields of expertise.
---------- ADS -----------

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

One gauge is still in the green , all other guages are indicating something else is going on , which guage is faulty .

Which data will you use ?

The data is not a small flicker on the panel over the jungle at night to paraphrase E Gant , this is big and the lies being told are bigger.

Kejidog
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Kejidog »

scabbydoo wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:18 pm
The only good thing in all of this is the ending of the sjw bullshit around lgbtxyz “rights” and fucking tranz shit
The only good thing in all of this is the potential for it to wipe out oxygen thieves like yourself. Thank you for being a prime example of how the herd needs to be thinned.
Ok i get it. I can rail all i want about trump and his idiot supporters with impunity but go off on your favorite special interest one issue attention whores and I’m a bad person.

And while all you crybabies are staying home posting on the internet i’ll be out working my job as a first responder attending all your little needs and accidents. Ya bunch of pussies

Dear moderator you may as well delete my account from this cesspool of groupthink.

corethatthermal
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by corethatthermal »

we need to trust the science on this. We need to trust the authorities that say
You can listen to the experts or the authorities NOT both !

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

corethatthermal wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:40 pm
we need to trust the science on this. We need to trust the authorities that say
You can listen to the experts or the authorities NOT both !
Smart authorities listen to the experts, emphasize what they say and back it up with resources and policies only the authorities can provide.

In Canada we have smart authorities as do most other countries. The US, not so much.

corethatthermal
Rank 5
Rank 5

In Canada we have smart authorities as do most other countries.
Apparently, you have not been Reading / Hearing what is happening to the WHO and Tam Tam and,,,,,,,,,,,

boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by boeingboy »

Apparently, you have not been Reading / Hearing what is happening to the WHO and Tam Tam and,,,,,,,,,,,
And the idiot , anti-establishment, conspiracy theorists hanging out here.

Go put your tinfoil hat back on and go back to your cardboard box making airplane sounds..

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

corethatthermal
Rank 5
Rank 5

Its time to start ticketing anyone who goes for a walk in the mountains and are more than 1 km away from any other human !! Better to line up at a no frills instead or be spat at by a cop without a mask for minding your own business !!

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

Imagine being immersed amongst that gun toting lot listening to their grade 5 vocabulary(and I am generous) with mixtures of four letter expletives. Now that would be entertaining 😉😉.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Old fella wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:30 am
Imagine being immersed amongst that gun toting lot listening to their grade 5 vocabulary(and I am generous) with mixtures of four letter expletives. Now that would be entertaining 😉😉.
I'd like to know what those imbeciles think they're going to shoot. Any society that embraces stupidity as enthusiatically as America does is doomed.

dialdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by dialdriver »

Rockie wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:18 am
I'd like to know what those imbeciles think they're going to shoot. Any society that embraces stupidity as enthusiatically as America does is doomed.
And why do they all have beards?

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

They're stupid? Maybe... but how do you know that? Because they have different values then you? Or because they exert their right to open carry? Exert their right to free speech and assembly? Sounds like you're biased and prejudice.

The powers that be are way overreaching and need to be held in check and accountable.

I got harassed and questioned yesterday by a by-law officer while I walked my dog in an empty park that had a sign up that said "Park Open, Playground and Facilities Closed."

"What are you doing? Where are you going? Where do you live? Is your dog licensed?" He threatened this and that and when I told him I was going about my business, had nothing to say to him as the sign clearly says "Open" and that I wasn't using any facilities per the sign he threatened to call the police and that I would be fined $885 for not cooperating. I asked him what I was permitted to do in an "Open" park, what are the "Facilities" and he was honest and said that he didn't know, but he had a whole list of places in the city he had to go to, presumably to harass people, where the city has recieved complaints. He told me how hard it was being frontline on this... okay I said... I'm going about my business.

Enough is enough... If people want to protest the overreach, good for them. The response to this can't be exclusive to all other societal rights and values.

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

Rockie wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:18 am
Haha. America is not doomed. They will come out of this much stronger than most countries. The utter arrogance of Canadians is mind boggling. We literally have no innovation, no major industries, nothing to fall back on in regards to the economy compared to the US. Yes they have a buffoon president, and we have a drama teacher. Not much better. God can we be a bit more humble here.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

They’re stupid because they’re trying to prematurely end measures put in place to save their life and that of their families. They’re stupid because they think these measures are somehow an infringement of their right to place an unsustainable burden on the healthcare system such as it is and cause further death. They’re stupid because they bring a gun...to do what exactly? What are these morons going to shoot?

Yes Altiplano, they are stupid.

rxl
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by rxl »

Why is it necessary to bring a firearm to a peaceful demonstration?

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

The good news is that the more you read people like Rockie, the more you think: you know, that guy is right, and is probably an OK person to know. The bad news is that half the time, people talk just to get a reaction, and when somebody comes on and says "you are bonkers, you make absolutely no sense, and here is why", it just spurs them on... there is no common ground, on which to make a sensible argument.

rxl
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by rxl »

From today’s LA Times and “that woman from Michigan”-

“Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, who has sparred with the president and is on Democrat Joe Biden's short list for a running mate, pushed back at the protesters who chanted "Lock her up!" outside the state Capitol in Lansing this week. She said she hoped to ease some restrictions in her state on May 1 but it would depend on the science.
"It's better to be six feet apart right now than six feet under," she said on ABC's "Good Morning America."“

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

Rockie wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:28 pm They’re stupid because they’re trying to prematurely end measures put in place to save their life and that of their families. They’re stupid because they think these measures are somehow an infringement of their right to place an unsustainable burden on the healthcare system such as it is and cause further death. They’re stupid because they bring a gun...to do what exactly? What are these morons going to shoot?

Yes Altiplano, they are stupid.
A picture tells a thousand words, and that picture of the dolts packing weapons(semi auto with clips) says it all. Yes,I think it is rather stupid - period and full stop.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

RRJetPilot wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:23 pm Haha. America is not doomed. They will come out of this much stronger than most countries. The utter arrogance of Canadians is mind boggling. We literally have no innovation, no major industries, nothing to fall back on in regards to the economy compared to the US. Yes they have a buffoon president, and we have a drama teacher. Not much better. God can we be a bit more humble here.
Having a buffoon president is bad enough, the problem is he's still fully supported by millions of more buffoons incapable of critical thought. Canada has 1/3 the per capita death rate the US has (not bad for a drama teacher) and America is nowhere near out of the woods yet. Trump's insistence on kick starting the economy to help his election chances without regard to science is guaranteed to extend the pandemic in the US much longer than necessary, criminally causing much more death, misery, and economic pain than if the US were led by someone with a functioning brain and a conscience.

But when I said the US was doomed it was more because of the decline in the last 40 years or so that Trump only accelerated and drove the final nail into. The US stands alone in the world now. Her allies are no longer allies and will take decades before they ever trust the US for anything, if ever, and despite Trump's shameless sucking up to America's enemies they remain enemies. Internally, the right wing proves over and over again they would happily hurt their country and themselves for a chance to "own a lib". There is no middle ground - no conciliation - no cooperation. No way back.

Doomed.

Last edited by Rockie on Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Air Canada”