Career outlook Starting @30

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

florch
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Career outlook Starting @30

Post by florch »

So, this thread was about a dude who was wondering if it was worth it to start a career in aviation at 30....nice drift!
---------- ADS -----------

Nicholas96
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Nicholas96 »

florch wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:20 am So, this thread was about a dude who was wondering if it was worth it to start a career in aviation at 30....nice drift!
Maybe I should change the title of the topic to corona virus outlook :wink: ..... I don’t mind let them have their fun :D to everybody who replied to the original post I appreciate your input.

CaptainKirk
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CaptainKirk »

To the OP.

Dude I think it’s the best time to start in this career.
Even with the global pandemic.
Why?
Because right before that the major airlines were hiring like crazy. Those needs haven’t gone completely away but it is on a temporary halt.
Every month there are between 10-20 pilots retiring in Canada. They will need to upgrade people to Captain to fill those spots. Followed by first officers.
Look if money is your priority then no career is as good as owning a profitable business. Even that has no guarantee of succeeding. You might as well do something you love.

Captain Kirk

Return to “Air Canada”