What’s the new future?

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Transition9er2
Rank 4
Rank 4

What’s the new future?

Post by Transition9er2 »

With the country and the world under stay at home orders, anyone who can work from home is, and Im wondering if this might impact the future of the Business Traveller.

Major companies are realizing it’s quite easy for their staff to function in a home office setting and keep the business running. Is office space really as important as it was pre Covid? Video conferencing is coming out as a massive win right now keeping ppl connected and most businesses operating. Therefore, why continue to incur huge expenses like office space or business travel when there’s a significantly cheaper alternative?

What’s the demographics of AC’s customer base in terms of business/leisure travellers? And what’s the revenue breakdown on those passengers?

For sure there will always be a need for “some” business travel, but will AC see the same numbers again after Covid?? Would this affect International flights more than North American, or vice-versa? If the numbers don’t come back, how do they fill that gap?

What does a future Air Canada look like?

Just a thought.

T.
---------- ADS -----------

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: What’s the new future?

Post by goldeneagle »

My company has always been a full telecommute operation so the only time we step on a plane is when it's necessary for visiting a client. We are scattered all over the place, no two in the same city. Every few years we will decide to get all the employees together so pick some spot like Vegas, or last time it was Kona, and we all go for a few days, big company meet and greet.

But then there is this:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/non-me ... -1.5536702

Everybody now has to wear a mask. If that's the new norm, our business travel will go from 'very little' to 'none'.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: What’s the new future?

Post by goingnowherefast »

Pretty hard to network, meet new connections, customers/clients, shop for service providers, conventions, etc. via video conference.

Aren't a lot of business deals done on the golf course? That would imply flying to the golf course, and not the PS4. Wine and dine clients can't be done remotely.

I'd imagine there will be some reduction in business travel in 2023 vs 2019, but nothing significant. People were already doing video conferences and such. When you gotta show off your product, you bring the customer in or go visit them.

Return to “Air Canada”