The Return to Normal?

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

truedude
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: The Return to Normal?

Post by truedude »

Rockie wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:16 am
PostmasterGeneral wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:55 pm
Rockie wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:56 pm

And yet you still learned nothing from it.

Yeah, you cling to that thought Pelmet.
Did you read a single word that I wrote? Masks and quarantine and social distancing didn’t do shit aside from ruinIng funerals for some incredible people. These measures are bullshit. They don’t work, and instead we’re killing people through alcoholism, missed disease diagnosis, etc. The cure is worse than the disease, and covid isn’t anything more than a case of the sniffles. Most people are over it in a few days. Christ, I was back stacking hay bales the next morning. Give me a break :roll:
If the death of your own family members can’t dent your impenetrable ignorance nothing can. The surviving members of your family possessing a heart, brain and a conscience have my condolences.
Your arrogance is beyond astounding. Truly shocking that you feel you have the right to tell someone else how they should feel about the death of a family member, when you know nothing if thr situation or underlying health issues. And then to proclaim he fails to grasp the situation becauae he evaluates it differently than you... wow, just wow. I hope you are close to retirement, for thr sake of everyone you work with.
---------- ADS -----------

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

truedude wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:39 am Your arrogance is beyond astounding. Truly shocking that you feel you have the right to tell someone else how they should feel about the death of a family member, when you know nothing if thr situation or underlying health issues. And then to proclaim he fails to grasp the situation becauae he evaluates it differently than you... wow, just wow. I hope you are close to retirement, for thr sake of everyone you work with.
10,279 dead in Canada as of today. An economy in deep distress and not getting better anytime soon because of morons like him who think they know more than infectious disease experts. Spare me the crocodile tears about alcoholism and other societal problems exacerbated by this virus. You think those of us with a brain aren't aware of it? Do something about getting cases down to manageable levels so we can re-open safely and alleviate those problems or shut the f**k up.

He's made his opinions on the matter very clear so there's no guessing required on my part or anybody else's. I have no sympathy and zero tolerance.

10279 people are DEAD. More dying every day.

Last edited by Rockie on Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
truedude
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by truedude »

Rockie wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:14 am
truedude wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:39 am Your arrogance is beyond astounding. Truly shocking that you feel you have the right to tell someone else how they should feel about the death of a family member, when you know nothing if thr situation or underlying health issues. And then to proclaim he fails to grasp the situation becauae he evaluates it differently than you... wow, just wow. I hope you are close to retirement, for thr sake of everyone you work with.
10,279 dead in Canada as of today. An economy in deep distress and not getting better anytime soon because of morons like him who think they know more than infectious disease experts.

He's made his opinions on the matter very clear so there's no guessing required on my part or anybody else's. I have no sympathy and zero tolerance.
You are aware that not all experts in infectious disease agree with our current course (ones from Oxford, Harvard, Stanford etc). You are aware that both thr WHO and CDC pandemic response plans never called for lockdowns, or closing borders, or mass trace and contact programs to be used, including for something as horrible as the Spanish flu.

Just because the mainstream has chosen a course of action that was never recommended, all previous research suggested would not be successful, does not mean it is the correct one. I am quite sure upon review, our response will be decried as horrific, which caused far more harm than good.

I wonder if in the future, the research agrees with my position and that of the individuals you decry as morons, will you be humble enough to admit you were wrong?

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

truedude wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:20 am I wonder if in the future, the research agrees with my position and that of the individuals you decry as morons, will you be humble enough to admit you were wrong?
Wrong for listening to bonofide experts instead of keyboard warriors and dimwitted neanderthals?

truedude
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by truedude »

Rockie wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:23 am
truedude wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:20 am I wonder if in the future, the research agrees with my position and that of the individuals you decry as morons, will you be humble enough to admit you were wrong?
Wrong for listening to bonofide experts instead of keyboard warriors and dimwitted neanderthals?
Again, you write that as if all experts are in agreement. They are not. Admit that the "experts" setting policy were wrong, and that you were wrong to condemn anyone who dared to question them. Particularly when all pandemic planning and research essentially said not to do many of the things we did do.

In the end, nature cares very little about our arrogant belief we can control it.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

truedude wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:38 am Again, you write that as if all experts are in agreement. They are not.
Outliers don't delegitimize the majority. And what you consider "wrong" is what experts call "learning". They do that through research, expanding knowledge base and more experience. Contrast that with your....what?

Do tell, what informs your superior opinion that I couldn't find by asking the first guy I run into on the street?

"In the end, nature cares very little about our arrogant belief we can control it."

You can't be that dense. We control it all the time in everything you see and do. The electricity powering your computer comes from harnassing nature for Christ's sake. We have vaccines. Penicillin. Aspirin. Powered flight...through the actual air. Heard of any of those? Get with the program.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

Follow up to date recommendations from your local health unit.

Stop being stupid idiots arguing about why experts are wrong. You’re not an expert or an authority on the matter... you’re more like anti vaxxers who “learn the truth” from garbage websites.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:48 am Follow up to date recommendations from your local health unit.

Stop being stupid idiots arguing about why experts are wrong. You’re not an expert or an authority on the matter... you’re more like anti vaxx ers who “learn the truth” from garbage websites.

Perhaps QAnon supporters amongst the lot here. I bet many of the newer posters are not even associated with aviation just anonymous bots and trolls that populate Twitter.

:smt014

RedAndWhiteBaron
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by RedAndWhiteBaron »

Old fella wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:34 pm I bet many of the newer posters are not even associated with aviation just anonymous bots and trolls that populate Twitter.

:smt014
I for one am not an anonymous bot, and try not to be a troll. I do populate Twitter from time to time though :smt040

I will dance the sky on laughter-silvered wings.
'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

Well on the plus side nobody has died of old age since March.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

'97 Tercel wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:26 pm Well on the plus side nobody has died of old age since March.
This must be the best Corona post ever. Well done :mrgreen:

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

'97 Tercel wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:26 pm Well on the plus side nobody has died of old age since March.
Right on.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

altiplano wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:17 pm [quote="'97 Tercel" post_id=<a href="tel:1132932">1132932</a> time=<a href="tel:1604550400">1604550400</a> user_id=41997]
Well on the plus side nobody has died of old age since March.
Right on.
[/quote]

I’ve had two elderly relatives die recently from age related illnesses, but adhering to recommended precautions and good fortune ensured they never contracted Covid 19. So while this post is cute and considered humorous by some, it is really just more tone deaf BS from a camp unable to process reality.

pilotbzh
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by pilotbzh »

Yesterday 1201 death in the US, Canada 52 ..... We are 1/10 the population of the US so we “Saved” 69 people yesterday by doing what we’re doing....239829 total death in the US so far, 10331 in Canada, so 13651 people “saved” by not doing what the US is doing... https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Right on.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

altiplano wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:19 am
Right on.
One of those relatives was a woman just shy of 80 years old who was healthy and active until last spring when she received the diagnosis giving her 4-5 months to live. She was doing well until the last month or so when her disease really took hold, and lucid until the end she passed away two weeks ago.

Being Covid free, she and her large immediate family were able to be together for those months, and was surrounded by family when she quietly passed away. Because she was Covid free. All that could have been lost and she would have died early, and alone without her family, if they all hadn't scrupulously followed the necessary protocols.

So thank you Altiplano and 97 Tercel for reminding me yet again what the bottom of humanity looks like.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Suicide and substance abuse deaths are way up this year. They don’t ever seem to mention that much in the news. People aren’t getting medical check ups anymore. I tried to schedule a general check up last week and they said they aren’t doing any. Doctors are finding folks with late stage cancer that could have been treated if found earlier. They have the general population so pumped full of fear so much now, we will likely never get back to normal.

Let’s Go Brandon
2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

The Danish have made some interesting discoveries in their mink farms . The COVID has mutated in the mink farms . If it spreads into other farm animals we may all have to eat lentils Or those veggie burgers . Gory story .

The Normal just got a little bit further delayed . Another new strain will further delay deployment of new vaccines .

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

[quote=2R post_id=1132954 time=1604590429 user_id=2600
The Normal just got a little bit further delayed . Another new strain will further delay deployment of new vaccines .
[/quote]

You’re not far off... this is the new normal.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Right on.

Return to “Air Canada”