Air Canada Second Trip to C.C.A.A.?

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Air Canada Second Trip to C.C.A.A.?

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

EPR wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:22 pm After 5 months of vaccinations, only 3% of Canadians have been fully vaccinated with two shots! :roll:
Probably thanks to clinics in Florida lol
---------- ADS -----------

sanjet
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by sanjet »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:58 am
EPR wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:22 pm After 5 months of vaccinations, only 3% of Canadians have been fully vaccinated with two shots! :roll:
With all that incompetence, the libs will still win a majority next election.

Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Zaibatsu »

sanjet wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:55 pm
Florida has 10,000 more COVID-19 deaths than all of Canada.

“But mah industry!”

Cessna 180
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Cessna 180 »

My guess is the fully vaccinated number is much higher than 3% in Canada. No one who got vaccinated in the United States or elsewhere is counted unless they contacted their local public health agency - and good luck having them call you back.

sanjet
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by sanjet »

Zaibatsu wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 7:55 pm

“But mah industry!”
Your current libs decided to sign a vaccine deal with sinovac, 5 months later the CCP decides to block those shipments to canada and after all the first world countries sign with Pfizer and Moderna.... Anyone with real life experience could have predicted this. A bit of a blessing considering those Chinese vaccines are below 50% in efficacy looking at Seychelles vaccination.

So we lost 5 months timeline. That’s 5 months of illness and death that could have been prevented all because of ineptitude, it’s also 5 months of extra economic devastation. Keep excusing corruption and incompetence.

Just saw a hockey game on tv yesterday in New York with fans in the seats.

PS, Florida has a population of 22 million since you are comparing death rates.

Meanwhile I’m getting checked for my freedoms documents because I’m driving home after curfew from work.

“wE’Re aLl iN THiS ToGEtHEr”

Last edited by sanjet on Thu May 27, 2021 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

“But mah industry!”
So strange to watch people duke this out as it makes us feel so polarized. Most of us here probably agree on 95 percent of thing but we feel so different because people focus on the 5 percent.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

montado wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:01 am

“But mah industry!”
So strange to watch people duke this out as it makes us feel so polarized. Most of us here probably agree on 95 percent of thing but we feel so different because people focus on the 5 percent.
Angry people of certain beliefs are more likely to express their opinions on this forum.

Those same people also appear to be of the "I don't want to be told what to do" group.

EPR
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by EPR »

Cessna 180 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:41 am My guess is the fully vaccinated number is much higher than 3% in Canada. No one who got vaccinated in the United States or elsewhere is counted unless they contacted their local public health agency - and good luck having them call you back.
Your "guess of much higher" is wishful thinking, unfortunately!

Keep the dirty side down.
EPR
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by EPR »

sanjet wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 4:29 am

“But mah industry!”
Your current libs decided to sign a vaccine deal with sinovac, 5 months later the CCP decides to block those shipments to canada and after all the first world countries sign with Pfizer and Moderna.... Anyone with real life experience could have predicted this. A bit of a blessing considering those Chinese vaccines are below 50% in efficacy looking at Seychelles vaccination.

So we lost 5 months timeline. That’s 5 months of illness and death that could have been prevented all because of ineptitude, it’s also 5 months of extra economic devastation. Keep excusing corruption and incompetence.

Just saw a hockey game on tv yesterday in New York with fans in the seats.

PS, Florida has a population of 22 million since you are comparing death rates.

Meanwhile I’m getting checked for my freedoms documents because I’m driving home after curfew from work.

“wE’Re aLl iN THiS ToGEtHEr”
Another well said observation! Some posters on here really have their heads up their asses with rose coloured glasses on! :smt021

EPR
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by EPR »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:15 am
montado wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:01 am

“But mah industry!”
Angry people of certain beliefs are more likely to express their opinions on this forum.

Those same people also appear to be of the "I don't want to be told what to do" group.
I believe you should wear your mask and sanitize or wash your filthy hands several times a day, and yah..I'm pissed off at Trudeau if you haven't figured that out Sherlock!

Raymond Hall
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Raymond Hall »

Trudeau and Freeland blast Air Canada over executive bonuses
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said bonuses Air Canada paid to executives while the company was negotiating a government bailout are “completely unacceptable” and the airline owes Canadians an explanation. …

Mr. Trudeau’s comments followed a Globe and Mail report that Air Canada paid $10-million in “COVID-19 Pandemic Mitigation Bonuses” to executives and managers earlier this year, while it was negotiating what became a $5.9-billion government bailout, announced in April. That agreement contains limits on executive compensation in the future.

The company also gave out a special batch of stock awards on Dec. 31 designed to compensate top executives for 2020 cuts in their salaries, according to the company’s proxy circular to shareholders.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busines ... e-bonuses/

TheStig
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by TheStig »

Trudeau on his high horse regarding ethics and demanding explanations...

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

Raymond Hall wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:18 pm Trudeau and Freeland blast Air Canada over executive bonuses
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said bonuses Air Canada paid to executives while the company was negotiating a government bailout are “completely unacceptable” and the airline owes Canadians an explanation. …

Mr. Trudeau’s comments followed a Globe and Mail report that Air Canada paid $10-million in “COVID-19 Pandemic Mitigation Bonuses” to executives and managers earlier this year, while it was negotiating what became a $5.9-billion government bailout, announced in April. That agreement contains limits on executive compensation in the future.

The company also gave out a special batch of stock awards on Dec. 31 designed to compensate top executives for 2020 cuts in their salaries, according to the company’s proxy circular to shareholders.

I respectfully suggest the tax paying public is rather cross at AC by their(take your pick)underhanded or creative method to compensate the top Suits at the AC Executive level. I suspect Trudeau Jr knows this as any other sitting PM would, regardless of political stripe. Perhaps Trudeau Jr is hearing it from those same tax payers who think there should be repercussions against such Corporate culture. Make no mistake, Trudeau is in the driver’s seat should he decide to step up the game.

EPR
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by EPR »

Old fella wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:34 pm
Raymond Hall wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:18 pm Trudeau and Freeland blast Air Canada over executive bonuses

I respectfully suggest the tax paying public is rather cross at AC by their(take your pick)underhanded or creative method to compensate the top Suits at the AC Executive level. I suspect Trudeau Jr knows this as any other sitting PM would, regardless of political stripe. Perhaps Trudeau Jr is hearing it from those same tax payers who think there should be repercussions against such Corporate culture. Make no mistake, Trudeau is in the driver’s seat should he decide to step up the game.
I agree with what you're saying, but I also think you give Trudeau too much credit for his "supposed thinking", but in the spirit of all you Trudeau worshippers, I guess falling on your face, at the very least, is forward movement! :smt023

newlygrounded
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by newlygrounded »

EPR wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:27 pm

I agree with what you're saying, but I also think you give Trudeau too much credit for his "supposed thinking", but in the spirit of all you Trudeau worshippers, I guess falling on your face, at the very least, is forward movement! :smt023
How does it feel having people live in your head rent free?

EPR
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by EPR »

newlygrounded wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:40 pm

I guess you could answer that yourself, EDITED!

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

EPR wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:40 pm

I guess you could answer that yourself,
This is not the place for anger and aggression... it's an aviation forum.

newlygrounded
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by newlygrounded »

Seems I've poked you in a sore spot :smt040

EPR
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by EPR »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:39 pm

I totally agree, so my apologies.

tony ledsham
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tony ledsham »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:39 pm

That is incredibly hypocritical, considering the vitriol you have displayed towards me on the ACPA corruption string. You are a pathetic excuse for a man, whatever your name is.

Return to “Air Canada”