Rouge is back?

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Rouge is back?

Post by rudder »

Rouge positions in the latest equipment bid?
---------- ADS -----------

skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Rouge is back?

Post by skypirate88 »

Yes, but it's a flat bid. They are reducing the mainline bus while adding the Rouge spots. There is no increase in available seats, so everyone identified as surplus/furlough stay there.

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by iflyroads »

Also worth mentioning:

Surplus pilots at rouge (Airbus only) will be "made whole" and re-trained to current qpos just as their mainline counter parts have been doing.

After they are trained they will be awarded flying till their layoff (should that ever come).

Daniel Cooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Daniel Cooper »

Can surplus pilots participate in equipment bids or are they stuck in their position until they are no longer deemed surplus? I assume that is when the first furloughed pilot is recalled. Or can they be deemed non-surplus before then?

BTD
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by BTD »

Daniel Cooper wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:46 pm Can surplus pilots participate in equipment bids or are they stuck in their position until they are no longer deemed surplus? I assume that is when the first furloughed pilot is recalled. Or can they be deemed non-surplus before then?
Surplus pilots do not have bidding rights. The remain in their Qpos. Even if that position is no longer around.

NotDirty!
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by NotDirty! »

Daniel Cooper wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:46 pm Can surplus pilots participate in equipment bids or are they stuck in their position until they are no longer deemed surplus? I assume that is when the first furloughed pilot is recalled. Or can they be deemed non-surplus before then?
No furloughed pilots need to be recalled before a surplus pilot is returned to active status. If the company decides that they need another 100 active pilots, they can put out a CMSC review reflecting that, and you will see the next 100 most senior pilots removed from the surplus list.

Return to “Air Canada”