Appologies

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Appologies

Post by Fanblade »

TFTMB heavy wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:25 pm Did the elections happen yet for ACPA?
Close tomorrow noon.
---------- ADS -----------

TFTMB heavy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by TFTMB heavy »

Fanblade wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:34 pm
TFTMB heavy wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:25 pm Did the elections happen yet for ACPA?
Close tomorrow noon.
Thanks!

gtappl
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by gtappl »

altiplano wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:43 am
gtappl wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:29 am
milhouse wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:09 pm

I mean Lufthansa literally told student pilots to cease training and pursue other careers.
Europe is a different boat
How so?

Like a better boat?

Canada is probably the worst in the world for overreach.

People can't even go A to B within in the country without a hassle from the cowards in their little castles.

Not to mention no sector support.
You need a plane to go pretty much anywhere in this country (Easaland has trains) Plus I think when things calm down the whole "buy Canadian" meme will be in full force and people will do a ton of domestic flying for vacations. On the other hand AC won't need to hire (new) people for a very long time and they pretty much drive all hiring in the country.

TFTMB heavy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by TFTMB heavy »

Close tomorrow noon.
How about them results?

Torontomaplelaughs
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Torontomaplelaughs »

TFTMB heavy wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:18 pm
Close tomorrow noon.
How about them results?
We get the union we deserve

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

TFTMB heavy wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:18 pm
Close tomorrow noon.
How about them results?
1 out of 4 positions went toward change. It was narrowly close out west but still a loss. The other three look status quo to me. This group will probably try and convince the CIRB that a representation vote isn’t necessary.

Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

Tough not to call that a sweep for the anti-p4c crew. The 1 P4C candidate that ‘won’ retained his seat by acclamation.
P4C is wildly less popular than the forums would have you believe.
I believe the membership has delivered a clear message tonight that they will not accept ALPA at any cost and they are not willing to burn the ACPA headquarters to the ground in the middle of a crisis, again. Perhaps lessons learned from 2012.

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

Sharklasers wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:17 pm Tough not to call that a sweep for the anti-p4c crew. The 1 P4C candidate that ‘won’ retained his seat by acclamation.
I believe the membership has delivered a clear message tonight that they will not accept ALPA at any cost and they are not willing to burn the ACPA headquarters to the ground in the middle of a crisis, again. Perhaps lessons learned from 2012.
Probably didn’t help that a large majority of the pilots looking for regime change are furloughed and ineligible to vote.

Johnny767
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Johnny767 »

Sharklasers wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:17 pm Tough not to call that a sweep for the anti-p4c crew. The 1 P4C candidate that ‘won’ retained his seat by acclamation.
P4C is crumbling under its own weight, as I predicted in an earlier string. They had the wrong people leading the charge, the spokes person with 1000 posts on the other forum did them no favours. "Tired of the Status Quo," news flash pal, you only worked here for a few months! Find some Pilots with some street credibility and make substantive changes.

I don't think this had anything to do with ACPA verse ALPA, a representation vote can be had, may take some work. A petition from the AC Pilots in support of ALPA may be in order. The Merger is the number one issue, not the time for the bloodless coup.

I see a string disappeared, fortunately, if anyone saw it be thankful that the Adults are still in charge of ACPA.

Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

Torontomaplelaughs wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:30 pm
——- ? Is that you??
Nope, but if ——- isn’t pro-p4c then he isn’t in the minority I suppose. Are you going to start guessing the names of some of the other 75% percent of AC pilots who are currently reasonably happy with their representation.
Further as long as your feeling in a doxxing mood why don’t you post your own name?

Return to “Air Canada”