Cargo TA

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Cargo TA

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

Why would anyone in their right mind vote yes to this? How is ACPA gonna "sell it" this time?

They should be embarrased for even putting something like this forward to the membership. What a joke.
---------- ADS -----------

RVR6000
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RVR6000 »

PostmasterGeneral wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:48 am Why would anyone in their right mind vote yes to this? How is ACPA gonna "sell it" this time?

They should be embarrased for even putting something like this forward to the membership. What a joke.
If this is voted down, there should be a non-confidence vote for MM, he needs to go. He clearly does not have the best interest in mind for the pilot group.

nowind
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by nowind »

I dont come here often but I did this time to see what everyone is thinking about this deal. If it passes, it will be on all of us, not just YUL or YVR. We will need to accept it and live with it for a long time. There is a big debate going on in YUL right now and its hard to say what side will win. Looks like the majority here is against this proposal, so I think we all need to use our personal network to call, text or meet with a maximum of people and tell them the long term effects of this plan. I feel like a lot of people are missinformed and unsure to what is the best decision for the group. Lets show the real numbers to everyone and try to explain them that long term concessions are not good for anyone. I feel like a real talk with someone you know is often more efficient than forum talk, so this is just my idea. At the end I respect every single opinion, I just think that we can help some to make a better decision.

Ratherbe
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ratherbe »

MM is the spokesman for the MEC and not a very good one in my opinion. I raised my doubts about him and TL during their election. However, recalling him will have little impact on decisions coming from the MEC unless of course he is not doing his main job - ensuring the MEC is making good decisions based on thorough due diligence and debate.

What I want to hear today on the webinar is what we got in exchange for the 10% reduction in pay. On the other hand if it’s just the Company taking advantage of the current situation then we have a problem. The entire MEC should be accountable if this is rejected.

I think most of us would love to see a cargo operation. Especially those either furloughed or surplus.

discountpilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by discountpilot »

altiplano wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:24 am
Or here's an idea -
why don't they ask the dispatchers for a 2% discount,
the rampies for 2%,
the AME's for 2%,
the executives/managers for 2%,
and then the pilots can come in with the other 2%..

There's your 10%.

What? Nobody else will work for second (third for us) tier wages? Not even 2%? So why the F-k should we take 10%? WE ARE THE ONLY ONES CONTEMPLATING CONCESSIONS FOR THIS.

Because it's easiest to ask from the pilots, because it's easier to track. How would they track a %2 pay cut on all those other positions when the employees just run between ML/Cargo/Rouge etc. Pilots are rostered to one plane so for the company it's the easiest way to show savings on that one type. Not saying it's right, but that's likely a bit part of the reason why.

discountpilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by discountpilot »

RVR6000 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:53 am
PostmasterGeneral wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:48 am Why would anyone in their right mind vote yes to this? How is ACPA gonna "sell it" this time?

If this is voted down, there should be a non-confidence vote for MM, he needs to go. He clearly does not have the best interest in mind for the pilot group.
MM cares for himself, and himself alone.
Ratherbe wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:30 am MM is the spokesman for the MEC and not a very good one in my opinion. I raised my doubts about him and TL during their election. However, recalling him will have little impact on decisions coming from the MEC unless of course he is not doing his main job - ensuring the MEC is making good decisions based on thorough due diligence and debate.

What I want to hear today on the webinar is what we got in exchange for the 10% reduction in pay. On the other hand if it’s just the Company taking advantage of the current situation then we have a problem. The entire MEC should be accountable if this is rejected.

I think most of us would love to see a cargo operation. Especially those either furloughed or surplus.
Based on what I've heard it's like a little clique with MM, the negots Chair and YVR/YUL. YYZ the biggest base is not part of the "cool group" anymore, and the NEMs have always been a thorn in MM's side from letting him do whatever he wants. Doesn't mean they may not vote with them from time to time, but they seem to be some of the only checks and balance in the MEC at the moment along with YYZ.

I am getting even less impressed with Rob G now as well.

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

Ratherbe wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:30 am MM is the spokesman for the MEC and not a very good one in my opinion. I raised my doubts about him and TL during their election. However, recalling him will have little impact on decisions coming from the MEC unless of course he is not doing his main job - ensuring the MEC is making good decisions based on thorough due diligence and debate.

This cargo op is going ahead. It will NOT depend on whether or not we agree to do the work for a 10% discount.

What we have to ask ourselves is, "do we have any self respect left???".

The dispatchers will NOT dispatch at a discount, the ground handler WON'T either, nor will the AME's. Why us exactly???

I think it's because we have a "beaten dog syndrome", we are used to being kicked. Our own MEC recommends that we take a 10% beating on this, while not one other support group will. Like what the flying F@#*&???

The MEC needs to GO.

discountpilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by discountpilot »

While the MEC Chair is taking 82 hours... :roll:

I have no proof he is, but let's be real here... make your own assumptions.

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

I joined the webinar late. Have they discussed the bullshit pay yet?

tdp19
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tdp19 »

PostmasterGeneral wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:57 pm I joined the webinar late. Have they discussed the bullshit pay yet?
Painful to listen to. Said the 90% is from a previous agreement or understanding, I didnt understand what they were talking about. Its so painful to listen to them sell this. I cant honestly picture how someone could vote for this. The ONLY people i can see interested in this is Rouge 67 Captains that were way out of seniority that would be bumped to flying a narrow body for years, but wanting to get back on the 767.... Its a disgrace. but will sadly pass

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

“The company will not be returning to the bargaining table.”

Jesus MM... Sell it a little harder why don’t you? The scare tactics have to stop! :roll:

tdp19
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tdp19 »

PostmasterGeneral wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:08 pm “The company will not be returning to the bargaining table.”

Jesus MM... Sell it a little harder why don’t you? The scare tactics have to stop! :roll:
Yeah, i feel like that comment sealed the vote for many..... So fraustrating!

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

That's what they always say though!

If you say "don't worry, if you don't get a Yes vote, just come on back to the table and we'll fix a few things up for you" you're a shitty negotiator!

Take it or leave it is what they say every fucking time and you have to have the strength to walk.

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

I didn’t miss something, did I? MM is supposed to work for US right? Why is he presenting this like it’s a GOOD thing?

JcPd_flyer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JcPd_flyer »

So don't compare our wages against FedEx or UPS because they are logistics companies and we are an airline?? What kind of logic is that?! It's the same profession isn't it??

Last edited by JcPd_flyer on Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

discountpilot wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:05 pm
altiplano wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:24 am
Or here's an idea -
why don't they ask the dispatchers for a 2% discount,
the rampies for 2%,
the AME's for 2%,
the executives/managers for 2%,
and then the pilots can come in with the other 2%..

There's your 10%.

What? Nobody else will work for second (third for us) tier wages? Not even 2%? So why the F-k should we take 10%? WE ARE THE ONLY ONES CONTEMPLATING CONCESSIONS FOR THIS.

Because it's easiest to ask from the pilots, because it's easier to track. How would they track a %2 pay cut on all those other positions when the employees just run between ML/Cargo/Rouge etc. Pilots are rostered to one plane so for the company it's the easiest way to show savings on that one type. Not saying it's right, but that's likely a bit part of the reason why.
Reason is that we say yes...

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

PostmasterGeneral wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:36 pm I didn’t miss something, did I? MM is supposed to work for US right? Why is he presenting this like it’s a GOOD thing?
He's delusional. Along with the "subject matter experts" they trot out. They're "company guys" that think they're special. They are really just managing the pilots for the company, and acting as a company representative. They are not representing the pilots.

Pathetic.

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

yea-its-a-no-for-me-dawg-nope-album-53742690.png
yea-its-a-no-for-me-dawg-nope-album-53742690.png (119.36 KiB) Viewed 1756 times

discountpilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by discountpilot »

tdp19 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:02 pm

but will sadly pass
Don't be so sure. Virtually everyone I've spoken to is a No. And this isn't the forum crowd either.

tdp19
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tdp19 »

discountpilot wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:25 pm
tdp19 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:02 pm

but will sadly pass
Don't be so sure. Virtually everyone I've spoken to is a No. And this isn't the forum crowd either.
I will be truly shocked if it doesn't pass. In my 4 years at AC EVERYTHING passes..... Problem is people obviously don't truthfully tell you how they vote.

Return to “Air Canada”