Cargo TA

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Johnny767
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Cargo TA

Post by Johnny767 »

CAIL actually failed, and still got ratioed

Might want to check your facts, CAIL certainly never failed. I wish nothing but the best to the Transat Pilots, but my advice would be to temper your expectations. DOH will never happen, for no other reason than AC does not have a DOH seniority list. Plus the obvious "windfall gain" of doubling your salary.

If I was King I would take the number uno Transat Pilot's salary and fit him in the AC list where he would earn the same. A huge win for the Transat Pilots.

Then build a Trump Size wall around Dorval, fencing you all in Quebec. :D

No windfall gain and no loss, pretty simple.
---------- ADS -----------

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

Johnny767 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:56 am Plus the obvious "windfall gain" of doubling your salary.
Example please.

Johnny767
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Johnny767 »

Simple, highest T4 earner at AC is (very) close to twice what a Transat Pilot earns - pre-Covid. If the number one Transat guy thinks he should slide in as a T7 Captain that is a massive windfall gain.

Now I understand there was a new contract just before the bottom fell out, however did anyone ever turn a wheel under those T&C's ?

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

600k+ T4 is the norm for 10 year AC pilots?

Latitude
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Latitude »

DanWEC wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:02 pm 600k+ T4 is the norm for 10 year AC pilots?
:lol: he's a troll. Top pay scale at AC (on the 777) isn't even 300K, yet TS now sits at 237K. Double or triple yeah sure :lol:

Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

Highest paid AC line captain made 500k gross in 2018.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Latitude wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:18 pm
DanWEC wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:02 pm 600k+ T4 is the norm for 10 year AC pilots?
:lol: he's a troll. Top pay scale at AC (on the 777) isn't even 300K, yet TS now sits at 237K. Double or triple yeah sure :lol:
AC pay scale isn't annual, but I don't think there are any WB CAs that did under $300K last year and NB guys all do 200+ easily, and most over your 237 number. Most WB FOs are in the 200+ range too. You have the guys that really work it... draft hogs etc. and I'm sure there is some guy somewhere in the company that hit or pushed $500K, but that's not the norm.

Good luck.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

sharklaser beat me to it... there you go. There are a few up there for sure.

FL320
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FL320 »

altiplano wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:45 pm
Latitude wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:18 pm
AC pay scale isn't annual, but I don't think there are any WB CAs that did under $300K last year and NB guys all do 200+ easily, and most over your 237 number. Most WB FOs are in the 200+ range too. You have the guys that really work it... draft hogs etc. and I'm sure there is some guy somewhere in the company that hit or pushed $500K, but that's not the norm.

Good luck.
....it’s the same at Transat...237k is the mini guaranteed per annum....but we have guys making 400k. Some of us made good money as your colleagues at Rouge, extra drafts but still having 18 days off per month...unfortunately it won’t happen again in the near future :D

JoeyBarton
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by JoeyBarton »

Come TS get your facts straight. You know the payscales at AC are better using guaranteed minimums..At least recognize that...

FL320
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FL320 »

JoeyBarton wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:25 pm Come TS get your facts straight. You know the payscales at AC are better using guaranteed minimums..At least recognize that...
No doubt your payscale is way better; just want to point out that if you count the drafts etc. we too have pilots making huge numbers. Even as we speak we have some pilots on full payscale making overtime while most are earning 1500$/month (but that’s another story)

Cappo1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cappo1 »

JoeyBarton wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:25 pm Come TS get your facts straight. You know the payscales at AC are better using guaranteed minimums..At least recognize that...
Joey don't pay attention to FL320. He is not a pilot . He does work for TS but the closest he gets to flight controls is when he comes in the cockpit to to serve beverages or when he is playing on Flight SimulatorX.

Cappo1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cappo1 »

FL320 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:45 pm
No doubt your payscale is way better; just want to point out that if you count the drafts etc. we too have pilots making huge numbers. Even as we speak we have some pilots on full payscale making overtime while most are earning 1500$/month (but that’s another story)
No pilot is making overtime at TS, what the hell are you talking about ? AC will be getting a nice Xmas gift from Santa. Deck the hulls with AC livery and give rouge pilots their jobs back. fa la la la la , BOTL.

FL320
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FL320 »

Cappo1 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:19 pm
FL320 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:45 pm
No pilot is making overtime at TS, what the hell are you talking about ? AC will be getting a nice Xmas gift from Santa. Deck the hulls with AC livery and give rouge pilots their jobs back. fa la la la la , BOTL.
On a side note I want to thank you; because you really make me laugh! (I am not joking) :lol:

Latitude
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Latitude »

Sharklasers wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:44 pm Highest paid AC line captain made 500k gross in 2018.
While highest paid at TS made ~400K so yea, this means nothing.

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

And you guys are back!

This site is just bananas. The "AC Asshole" is massively overrepresented here by just a select few utter morons, with multiple user names, which, is actually a psychological disorder. (Big Mystery there Cappo).
You don't speak for the thousands, but you must realize your publicly accessible words reflect on everybody.

You guys need to seriously check yourselves. This site is public domain, you make everyone look bad.

Thankfully, I don't know a single person at AC who would act like you 5 online losers in the real world.... So whoever is reading this, please don't judge us pilots based on a few outliers. These guys are messed up in the head.

On a side note, if comparing salary, AC is a bit higher, but it's a bit more fair to compare apples to apples, and not min guarantee to T4! Also, payouts, etc. I know for a fact your 500k guy didn't earn that for his annual salary, not even close.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Referencing posters quoting overtime pay stubs - I don't think that I have ever seen an arbitrator count overtime in determining pay parity. There are some AC NB CA with T4 higher than a RSV 777 CA. That does not mean that the value of the NB CA position is greater than the value of the 777 CA position.

The formula will either be the average T4 in a position (unlikely) or simply taking the terms of the respective CBA and extrapolate the economic value of a position. AC will therefore get credit for overrides. And no - per diems don’t count towards earnings (sorry TS).

As much as everybody would like to reinvent the wheel, or take an opportunistic snapshot, these matters have all been dealt with before by the stable of arbitrators that will hear the matter. The new twist is COVID and the near term impact on operations and staffing on the respective carriers.

Cappo1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cappo1 »

DanWEC wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:58 pm
Cappo1 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:29 pm
If you were a nice guy I might be sympathetic to your jeuevenile tantrums. When you find time away from your video games take a look at the situation in the EU. They have every right to reject the the proposal as it stands now. Europe is crumbling and no one wants to venture there. Canadian industries are being hit harder and households cannot afford the visit the folks in the old country. If AC leaves TS as a leisure airline it might work. You will be lucky to be back on board by 2023. No guarantees for you pal. Your airline is limping along. We can chop TS up anytime we want. We have the hulls and we really don't need to use the employees.
Ha! So not only do you own Air Canada and make their corporate decisions, you also do so with a malevolent hand? We all bow to you. Hilarious.
You can't handle the truth !

Cappo1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cappo1 »

DanWEC wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:19 pm And you guys are back!

This site is just bananas. The "AC Asshole" is massively overrepresented here by just a select few utter morons, with multiple user names, which, is actually a psychological disorder. (Big Mystery there Cappo).
You don't speak for the thousands, but you must realize your publicly accessible words reflect on everybody.

You guys need to seriously check yourselves. This site is public domain, you make everyone look bad.

Thankfully, I don't know a single person at AC who would act like you 5 online losers in the real world.... So whoever is reading this, please don't judge us pilots based on a few outliers. These guys are messed up in the head.

On a side note, if comparing salary, AC is a bit higher, but it's a bit more fair to compare apples to apples, and not min guarantee to T4! Also, payouts, etc. I know for a fact your 500k guy didn't earn that for his annual salary, not even close.
You don't know a single person at AC who woukd act like 5 online losers? Either do I.

All I know is you are determined to paint a narrative to suit your opinion.

And how many pilots at AC are rolling out a red carpet during a pandemic to welcome anyone who is going to compromise what we have worked for ? Sorry that offends you but judging by the amount of e mails I get , my opinion is a lot more popular than your attempt to squelch it. Let me guess, you don't like Tony Ledsham ?

Last edited by Cappo1 on Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
FL320
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FL320 »

Cappo1 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:34 am
DanWEC wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:58 pm
Cappo1 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:29 pm
If you were a nice guy I might be sympathetic to your jeuevenile tantrums. When you find time away from your video games take a look at the situation in the EU. They have every right to reject the the proposal as it stands now. Europe is crumbling and no one wants to venture there. Canadian industries are being hit harder and households cannot afford the visit the folks in the old country. If AC leaves TS as a leisure airline it might work. You will be lucky to be back on board by 2023. No guarantees for you pal. Your airline is limping along. We can chop TS up anytime we want. We have the hulls and we really don't need to use the employees.
Ha! So not only do you own Air Canada and make their corporate decisions, you also do so with a malevolent hand? We all bow to you. Hilarious.
You can't handle the truth !
Cappo1, the truth is that obviously some people have more information than you do on the subject. Believe me you will fall from your pedestal in the upcoming months...I can’t wait. Red carpet or not; it won’t change anything it’s way above your opinions.

Return to “Air Canada”