Cargo TA

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Johnny767
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Cargo TA

Post by Johnny767 »

What is said here means nothing but the facts are the pay at AC is substantially higher that Transat and will be an issue in controlling windfall gains.

Upside for Transat is they are the flag carrier for the Peoples Republic of Quebec and aren't going anywhere, much like that bottomless pit of government money - Bombardier - the feds will make sure you are taken care of.

Sadly no one cared less about Canada 3000, then again they were not based in Quebec.
---------- ADS -----------

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

8.5 million people live in Quebec. What is your point?

gtappl
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by gtappl »

ayseven wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:13 pm 8.5 million people live in Quebec. What is your point?
When the leaderships motto is "Canada belongs to Quebec" things make a lot more sense

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudea ... -1.1241750

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

gtappl wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:01 pm
ayseven wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:13 pm 8.5 million people live in Quebec. What is your point?
When the leaderships motto is "Canada belongs to Quebec" things make a lot more sense

Good find... the arrogance is unbelievable.
"Canada isn't doing well right now because it's Albertans who control our community and socio-democratic agenda. It doesn't work," Trudeau told interviewer Patrick Lagacé.

When asked whether he thought Canada was "better served when there are more Quebecers in charge than Albertans," Trudeau replied, "I'm a Liberal, so of course I think so, yes. Certainly when we look at the great prime ministers of the 20th century, those that really stood the test of time, they were MPs from Quebec. There was Trudeau, there was Mulroney, there was Chrétien, there was Paul Martin. We have a role. This country, Canada, it belongs to us."
Never mind:
MacDonald... Kingston... Confederation and stuff
Mackenzie King... Kitchener... WW2 and stuff
Diefenbaker... Guelph... Bill of Rights and stuff
Pearson... York... Nobel Peace Prize and stuff ike Universal Health Care & CPP

Swarthy greaseball.

If the best are from Quebec, certainly the worst is also!

Personal character... groping women, blackface, family payoffs, 3 conflict of interest episodes, the constant hypocrisy...

Professionally... a debt in 9 months larger than all the rest we've accumulated since Confederation, a declining GDP, kowtowing to China, the lack of response to citizens kidnapped, the lack of response to citizens shot out of the sky, a failed Security Council bid, US relations in tatters, 5 eyes membership in question...

This is your leader Canada.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

From a personal prospective and opinion I give JT and his Administration decent marks in handling the current COVID-19 shit show within their respective jurisdictions, acknowledging most if not all health responsibilities is a Provincial one. Just my view of course as other opinions matter nothing to me.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

What specifically have they done well. Specifically.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

Deleted.

Last edited by Old fella on Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loon-A-Tic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Loon-A-Tic »

AC Express.jpg
AC Express.jpg (5.66 KiB) Viewed 3261 times
So will the Air Canada regional carriers be changing their logo's

Bunk hog
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bunk hog »

FL320 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:54 pm
altiplano wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:45 pm
Latitude wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:18 pm

:lol: he's a troll. Top pay scale at AC (on the 777) isn't even 300K, yet TS now sits at 237K. Double or triple yeah sure :lol:
AC pay scale isn't annual, but I don't think there are any WB CAs that did under $300K last year and NB guys all do 200+ easily, and most over your 237 number. Most WB FOs are in the 200+ range too. You have the guys that really work it... draft hogs etc. and I'm sure there is some guy somewhere in the company that hit or pushed $500K, but that's not the norm.

Good luck.
....it’s the same at Transat...237k is the mini guaranteed per annum....but we have guys making 400k. Some of us made good money as your colleagues at Rouge, extra drafts but still having 18 days off per month...unfortunately it won’t happen again in the near future :D
Guess that’s why so many pilots leave AC for TS. :roll:

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

At the risk of being pedantic, if you don't like the current crop of politicians, you are able to vote for those who you think will do a better job at election time. I don't care what you think, any more than you care what I think.

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

To Alti,

Any company that can afford to buy another competitor like AC is doing with AT, does not need any government subsidies. Do you really think the taxpayer like me will support that? You guys care about yourselves, and life is hard right now, fair enough, but don't expect the rest of us to go along with your ideas.

HavaJava
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by HavaJava »

ayseven wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:02 am At the risk of being pedantic, if you don't like the current crop of politicians, you are able to vote for those who you think will do a better job at election time. I don't care what you think, any more than you care what I think.
Yup, this pandemic has proven to me that we are most definitely not “all in this together”. We screwed this up so bad and the gullible and naïve general populace craved the zombie apocalypse narrative.

Going forward, I have no loyalties to my country or the general sheeple. F@#$ ‘em...

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

ayseven wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:06 am To Alti,

Any company that can afford to buy another competitor like AC is doing with AT, does not need any government subsidies. Do you really think the taxpayer like me will support that? You guys care about yourselves, and life is hard right now, fair enough, but don't expect the rest of us to go along with your ideas.
I'm not sure which comment you're addressing? And what do you think are my ideas?

Airline industry support?

AC isn't looking for a direct handout. Taxpayer money and support through good policy aren't the same thing.

They are looking for reasonable, science based policy in access to travel. Like negative tests for travel. Fourteen day quarantines and travel to/through Canada restricted/closed for non Canadians is unreasonable. 9 months and the government hasn't put together a defendable policy. If the government isn't interested in getting real, putting in the work, and using a science and data based policy in allowing travel, if they insist on maintaining this unreasonable hardship on the airlines then they better get ready to buck up and compensate... or are we not all in this together?

But also, how much revenue generation do you think the Airline Industry and travel and tourism represent to this government? How many individual taxpayers do you think that is? A shitload on both counts.

There are also other ways to stimulate the industry. This country is among the highest in the world for tariffs, taxes, fees, aifs, hst, carbon taxed, rents, etc, etc when it comes to travel. In fact in one of its own reports the government recommended the easing of those taxes would stimulate so much industry activity and growth that it would result in more revenue for the government. No direct aid, but allow the industry to operate with less burden results in more wealth creation for labour, executives, shareholders, the government and lower ticket prices and more choice for consumers... win-win-win-win-win... Action from the government? Crickets... and this is their own report! they are happy with status quo.

AC pay for Transat?

They won't pay anything for Transat, they will just issue shares and dilute existing AC shareholders. Every Transat shareholder will take the deal at the fixed conversion offered.

Trudeau and the Liberals?

What have they specifically done well? Highest unemployment in the G7. Driving away investment in our country. Tanking key industries that bring Canadians wealth and a high standard of life. Division across the country. Bubble in the Atlantic, Alienation in the West, Failing local economies. Rising debt. Failed foreign policy. Chinese troops doing cold weather training on our soil. Family payoffs. Failed ministers. Conflict of interest X 3... you can just keep going with it...

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

Airport testing seems like a good idea. Where is the data that any scientist has come up with, that does not recommend quarantines? Nobody I know wants to travel. We are all sorry about this, but quarantines etc are not even the deciding factor for me, my friends and family.

There is talk of Gatwick closing completely. Is that our government's fault too? Of course not. You should know, given your background in the travel industry, that what goes up, comes down, especially in this haywire business. And now it is down. We have to get over it, and get on with it.

Is there something particular, that given what we know now, we should have done differently, which would have led us down a different path? And what are your proposals for the present, going forward?

Being able to sit in a crowded airplane nowadays seems exceptional to me, given how we know this thing spreads. Sometimes things are just the way they are, and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it.

HavaJava
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by HavaJava »

ayseven wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:08 am Sometimes things are just the way they are, and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it.
The real truth is that this actually applies to the spread of the virus.

chaster
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chaster »

ayseven wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:06 am To Alti,

And don’t expect the Airlines to listen to you and the Like complain in the future about having to pay for a carry on / Suitcase where’s my hot meal and the like.Go do some homework on Covid 19. The death rate this year in Canada is lower than last year! Fact! I hope you and the like get Jammed so hard on your ticket you feel it for a year or even better feel free to take the Boat! And by the way why don’t you enlighten us on how you crack out a living?Id put 25 bucks on Civil Servant?Y’a gotta be a Trudeau lover lol

doiwannabeapilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by doiwannabeapilot »

** great find **
i just threw up a little.

altiplano wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:37 am
gtappl wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:01 pm

Good find... the arrogance is unbelievable.
"Canada isn't doing well right now because it's Albertans who control our community and socio-democratic agenda. It doesn't work," Trudeau told interviewer Patrick Lagacé.

When asked whether he thought Canada was "better served when there are more Quebecers in charge than Albertans," Trudeau replied, "I'm a Liberal, so of course I think so, yes. Certainly when we look at the great prime ministers of the 20th century, those that really stood the test of time, they were MPs from Quebec. There was Trudeau, there was Mulroney, there was Chrétien, there was Paul Martin. We have a role. This country, Canada, it belongs to us."
Never mind:
MacDonald... Kingston... Confederation and stuff
Mackenzie King... Kitchener... WW2 and stuff
Diefenbaker... Guelph... Bill of Rights and stuff
Pearson... York... Nobel Peace Prize and stuff ike Universal Health Care & CPP

Swarthy greaseball.

If the best are from Quebec, certainly the worst is also!

Personal character... groping women, blackface, family payoffs, 3 conflict of interest episodes, the constant hypocrisy...

Professionally... a debt in 9 months larger than all the rest we've accumulated since Confederation, a declining GDP, kowtowing to China, the lack of response to citizens kidnapped, the lack of response to citizens shot out of the sky, a failed Security Council bid, US relations in tatters, 5 eyes membership in question...

This is your leader Canada.

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

Against my better judgment, I will respond to the guy who is obviously pretty upset against the very people that pay his salary when they fly. Strange behaviour. As if we do not have choices in how we travel... I am very happy your attitude towards people, is in the minority at the people's airline.

Virus behaviour? Well, just keep away from me and everyone I care about, and everyone they come in contact with, and I don't mind what you do. The anger here is completely misdirected. Do you have loved ones?

I did not ever work for this government, or any government, but for myself, once I realised that flying for a living wasn't ever going to pay. As someone told me once, nobody owes me a living. I listened to that. Was it hard? Yes. Does anybody care? No.

Just hang in there and stop raising your blood pressure. It leads to bad things. Be nice to yourselves.

Cappo1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cappo1 »

FL320 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:59 am
Cappo1 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:34 am
DanWEC wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:58 pm

Ha! So not only do you own Air Canada and make their corporate decisions, you also do so with a malevolent hand? We all bow to you. Hilarious.
You can't handle the truth !
Cappo1, the truth is that obviously some people have more information than you do on the subject. Believe me you will fall from your pedestal in the upcoming months...I can’t wait. Red carpet or not; it won’t change anything it’s way above your opinions.
I'm not on a pedestal, I'm in a left seat. The red carpet will be Air Canada's for a long time.

BTD
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by BTD »

ayseven wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:08 am Airport testing seems like a good idea. Where is the data that any scientist has come up with, that does not recommend quarantines? ...
Here are a few samples for those interested in the data. Not all have yet been peer reviewed and there are studies that show some effectiveness to lockdown. But it is simply wrong to believe there are no well regarded scientists and that show quarantine doesn’t work and recommend against it due to longer term health implications. The traditional news sources just aren’t interested in it.

https://gbdeclaration.org/.

9789241516839-eng.pdf
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 58 times
. From the WHO on epidemic/pandemic management page 44-48 (quarantine not recommended)

https://thefatemperor.com/wp-content/up ... vident.pdf

https://thefatemperor.com/wp-content/up ... tality.pdf

Return to “Air Canada”