Write the MEC

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Tdicommuter
Rank 2
Rank 2

Write the MEC

Post by Tdicommuter »

Hello all,

I am a middle lane kind of guy. Hoped a manager would never know me by name, and I got enough 'great landings' from passengers that my ego and bank account would be adequately fed.

Pushing this LOU at us as a group is highly questionable. We had MOA covid passed without a vote. Now we have been boxed into a strong arm situation with potentially massive ramifications and all this was unprovoked.

I see people complain on here but I think and know from past experience that a working group is only as strong as its membership.

If you are actually pissed off please spend four minutes and write a pissed off email to the MEC. If enough people do it we have a chance to move stuff one way or another. Indifference is worthless.

DO NOT COMPLAIN UNLESS YOU HAVE 4 MINUTES TO WRITE AN EMAIL.

For record I am not a pilots for change guy, rather a person who thinks indifference allows @$$holes to win. Time to step up and have an opinion.
---------- ADS -----------

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Write the MEC

Post by altiplano »

Some (majority of) MEC members believe they are elected to implement their interests, they don't think they are there to represent your interests.

They believe you want them there because they are long time friends with the company representatives across the table and they all get along together in this new relationship of labour capitulation.

Some of these guys just don't care what you write to them. You can't sway their agenda. If you disagree, you're just written off as the vocal minority or a forum tin foil hat guy.

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

The company was apparently pushing for a Cargo agreement during the Covid MOU2 negotiations back in August.

- Covid MOA announced Sept 18

- ACPA elections end Oct 15

- Cargo LOU announced to membership Nov 9

What odds do you give that the timing of this vote was “managed”.

Why no survey of the pilots?

Why not make it part of the election debate?

It’s what ACPA does. They manage the group. Some will tell you it’s part of ACPA’s job to do this. That it is in our best interest for ACPA to do this. All unions do this. There is some truth in those statements.

But ask yourself. During elections?

tony ledsham
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tony ledsham »

Why should pilots agree to a 10% pay cut in order to carry out the most profitable flying the airline has? (corruption?)

thrust set
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thrust set »

Sorry guys we’re adults, the company negotiated with our union and they brought it to us.
That’s how a democracy works. Life is too short to continue down this path of always complaining of everything the company does.
I voted no and the majority won ........ simple, I accept the results.

Move on boys, bigger fish on the horizon.

TS

tony ledsham
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by tony ledsham »

Ignorance is bliss. You will do fine TS...

thrust set
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thrust set »

“ Ignorance is bliss. You will do fine TS...“

I always have Tony.... I just stay away “still” people.
Still complaining
Still angry
Still hating
And Still nowhere.

Return to “Air Canada”