Service Suspension Notice

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Gulfstream5
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Service Suspension Notice

Post by Gulfstream5 »

Cavalier44 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:16 am
Freeport_Flyer wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:10 am
dhc# wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:34 am More cuts just announced by AC

https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/Air-Can ... Reductions
Pretty thin on details. Not surprising though with the US moving to required pre-arrival COVID testing starting Jan 26.
Indeed. I'm curious to know how the 200 layoffs will be absorbed at Express - Sky in particular seems very exposed if cross-border travel starts to diminish further. Wishing everyone the best of luck in these difficult and uncertain times.
Kept trying to tell people months ago sky regional is going to be axed. Sorry it offends anyone but people who think air Canada will survive with two express carriers is completely mistaken.

The ONLY reason rouge has come back is to keep the AOC for a CARGO operation. Not surprising anyone who was recalled back to rouge is now laid off .

Hate to say it but Péladeau offer is Air Canada's blessing in disguise. It will avoid further indebtedness and a chance to actually survive this in the other side.
---------- ADS -----------

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Gulfstream5 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:20 pm
Kept trying to tell people months ago sky regional is going to be axed. Sorry it offends anyone but people who think air Canada will survive with two express carriers is completely mistaken.

The ONLY reason rouge has come back is to keep the AOC for a CARGO operation. Not surprising anyone who was recalled back to rouge is now laid off .

Hate to say it but Péladeau offer is Air Canada's blessing in disguise. It will avoid further indebtedness and a chance to actually survive this in the other side.
Cheapest planes to park are owned aircraft with no outstanding debt against them. That applies both in the present and in the future. 15 of the SKY 175’s are owned by AC. Meanwhile, Jazz has factory new CRJ900’s that are parked, have debt servicing commitments for CHR, and have CPA fixed fee obligations from AC to CHR. If there is excess Express fleet capacity, pretty obvious the financially beneficial route to go.

My bet is AC will add another AOC for FreightCo. And will retain the Rouge AOC.

The likelihood of AC consummating the TRZ transaction on Feb 15 is 90/10. The long term benefits far outweigh the short term cost (which is virtually nil).

TheStig
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by TheStig »

rudder wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:32 am
Fanblade wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:17 am
The airlines are realizing it will be summer 2022 before things get normal both internationally and domestically.
What is your definition of ‘normal’?
When commuters are requesting the jumpseat because the flight is looking pretty full and we can wander around on layovers, without wearing masks, looking for a place to have beers.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

TheStig wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:54 pm
rudder wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:32 am
Fanblade wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:17 am
The airlines are realizing it will be summer 2022 before things get normal both internationally and domestically.
What is your definition of ‘normal’?
When commuters are requesting the jumpseat because the flight is looking pretty full and we can wander around on layovers, without wearing masks, looking for a place to have beers.
I miss those days. Now I bring booze from home. Not as fun but not as expensive. :mrgreen:

Let’s Go Brandon
Dh8Classic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dh8Classic »

Torontomaplelaughs wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:07 am There are some bitter folks on here that didn't make it to the airlines.

Let me just say there is no life like it and can't wait to be globetrotting again...
Enjoy, we just don't have any interest in subsidizing your fun.

Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Zaibatsu »

Torontomaplelaughs wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:07 am There are some bitter folks on here that didn't make it to the airlines.

Let me just say there is no life like it and can't wait to be globetrotting again...
Sounds like airline flying through the rose tint of an Instagram filter.

There’s no secret what it’s actually like. There is nothing particularly exclusive about being an airline pilot other than having Homer Simpson levels of supplication in the hopes that your airline will last long enough for you to hit pay dirt.

When I’m globetrotting I usually see you camped out on the terminal floor when you get bumped. Or tired AF with a bunch of people you really don’t want to be around in the one or two places you actually want to go.

Torontomaplelaughs
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Torontomaplelaughs »

Zaibatsu wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:09 pm

Sounds like airline flying through the rose tint of an Instagram filter.

There’s no secret what it’s actually like. There is nothing particularly exclusive about being an airline pilot other than having Homer Simpson levels of supplication in the hopes that your airline will last long enough for you to hit pay dirt.

When I’m globetrotting I usually see you camped out on the terminal floor when you get bumped. Or tired AF with a bunch of people you really don’t want to be around in the one or two places you actually want to go.
Then they are doing it wrong...

Anyhow, the overseas lifestyle can't be beat and why guys seem to never want to let it go with the "fly till you die crowd"

Torontomaplelaughs
Rank 2
Rank 2

Dh8Classic wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:10 pm

Neither does the largest gaining stock on the TSX want subsidies, they just want to go back to doing what they were doing...

bobcaygeon
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by bobcaygeon »

Torontomaplelaughs wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:14 pm

Neither does the largest gaining stock on the TSX want subsidies, they just want to go back to doing what they were doing...
Do you really want use the TSX as a reference???? What did BlackBerry top out again??? It's easy to have big gains when your price is low. Other Canadian aviation shares have almost tripled since March.

FYI I bought these pills off the internet and my d!#k doubled in size. It's 6 inches long now.....

Torontomaplelaughs
Rank 2
Rank 2

bobcaygeon wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:40 pm

Do you really want use the TSX as a reference???? What did BlackBerry top out again??? It's easy to have big gains when your price is low. Other Canadian aviation shares have almost tripled since March.

FYI I bought these pills off the internet and my d!#k doubled in size. It's 6 inches long now.....
Well thats your problem Bob - you're happy with 6 inches. I look at other metrics too, width, veins, color, and hair style.

Dh8Classic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dh8Classic »

They will, once the pandemic is over, truly over. Along with any new fast rising competitors.

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

Lol who in their right mind would invest in aviation after this pandemic and the way the government completely destroyed the sector. :lol: :lol:
Warren Buffet was right a year ago. You will actually have fewer competitors and higher prices. Enjoy!

EPR
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by EPR »

Vaccines are the only way back to normalcy! Unfortunately Trudeau was busy negotiating a deal with China during the 5 months (Dec-Apr) that the rest of the world were ORDERING vaccines from Pfizer and Moderno. China backed out of the Trudeau deal, and now we as a Country are at the back of the line to order approved vaccines! Now, all Provinces are desperately SHORT of vaccines and can't vaccinate quickly enough, at this rate we'll all be vaccinated in 2034! :shock:

Keep the dirty side down.
PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

EPR wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:46 pm Vaccines are the only way back to normalcy! Unfortunately Trudeau was busy negotiating a deal with China during the 5 months (Dec-Apr) that the rest of the world were ORDERING vaccines from Pfizer and Moderno. China backed out of the Trudeau deal, and now we as a Country are at the back of the line to order approved vaccines! Now, all Provinces are desperately SHORT of vaccines and can't vaccinate quickly enough, at this rate we'll all be vaccinated in 2034! :shock:
Just like when he screwed us on NAFTA by not working out a deal with Trump - now Mexico reaps the rewards of that, while King Justin is left with nothing. Exact same thing happened.

gtappl
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by gtappl »

EPR wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:46 pm Vaccines are the only way back to normalcy! Unfortunately Trudeau was busy negotiating a deal with China during the 5 months (Dec-Apr) that the rest of the world were ORDERING vaccines from Pfizer and Moderno. China backed out of the Trudeau deal, and now we as a Country are at the back of the line to order approved vaccines! Now, all Provinces are desperately SHORT of vaccines and can't vaccinate quickly enough, at this rate we'll all be vaccinated in 2034! :shock:
I'm not a fan of trudeau we we have ordered like a dozen shots per Canadian

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

gtappl wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:37 pm
I'm not a fan of trudeau we we have ordered like a dozen shots per Canadian
That’s only because he wants a seat on the UN and to give them away. What we should have is 2-3 shots per Canadian but at the front of the line. We could have 1 billion vaccines but if you can’t deliver them on time it’s useless.

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

Agree +100.

Tru-dumb didn't buy all those extra vaccines for Canadians. Don't be fooled for one second.

He bought them on the tax-payers dime to look good at the UN when he not only pays for the Third World's vaccinations, but transports them overseas and distributes them for "free". He's on a "love buying" spree. He intends to "do the World right" on the back of the Canadian taxpayer.

Apparently $400,000,000,000 isn't enough debt for Canadians to pay back over this year of spending insanity, he needs to load more on.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Trudeau "ordered like a dozen shots per Canadian" because he fucked up. He was negligent in securing anything at all, and when it became apparent he had no deals in place he had to fan out and make all the deals...

Minister responsible? Career academic... Experience in procurement and logistics and getting the job done? Nil.

Don't hold your breath waiting for Canadians to get vaccinated.

47north
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 47north »

altiplano wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:44 am Trudeau "ordered like a dozen shots per Canadian" because he fucked up. He was negligent in securing anything at all, and when it became apparent he had no deals in place he had to fan out and make all the deals...

Minister responsible? Career academic... Experience in procurement and logistics and getting the job done? Nil.

Not a Trudeau fan, but not sure about that.

I believe part of the rational was not to put all the eggs in one or two baskets in case some of the potential vaccines failed in development.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

47north wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:03 am
altiplano wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:44 am Trudeau "ordered like a dozen shots per Canadian" because he fucked up. He was negligent in securing anything at all, and when it became apparent he had no deals in place he had to fan out and make all the deals...

Not a Trudeau fan, but not sure about that.

I believe part of the rational was not to put all the eggs in one or two baskets in case some of the potential vaccines failed in development.
He put all the eggs in the China vaccine basket with CanSino at first only to have them pull the deal... then he was left with nothing...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-sco ... -1.5701101

That's why Canada was late to the party on the rest, that's why he threw money at all of them... makes him look like he did something and covers the mistakes

Why you would sole source a collaboration with the CCP is beyond me, particularly given the current situation between our countries.

Return to “Air Canada”