New MOA details

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

airway
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: New MOA details

Post by airway »

bobcaygeon wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:17 am
airway wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:42 pm
bobcaygeon wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:31 pm Not a fan of super senior reserve that never flies even when I could hold it.
Nice to have that option if you are:

Doing a reno
Training for a marathon
Caring for a sick family member
Or just want a break

Why wouldn’t you want that option?
Sure it is a great option to have but it also seems pretty arrogant to think that it's your right to get paid to:

Doing a reno
Training for a marathon
Caring for a sick family member
Or just want a break

The rest of the world including other professions where extensive travel is required, there's lots of them, uses vacation/stats/GDOs to do your list. I'm junior and I've done 3 out of 4 of what you've listed. I did the plumbing/Marathon on my GDOs/vacation as this it was made clear if I went flying and the water was off she'd call the plumber and my shit would be on the front lawn the same day.
:lol:
Fair enough, but if it is your company that is requiring an excessive amount of reserve, somebody is going to be sitting around. Why shouldn't it be you if you have something productive to do.

This is probably a mute point at AC now with the best fit rules. If they are anything like Jazz, seniority means nothing.
---------- ADS -----------

Counterpoint
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Counterpoint »

Is anybody going to vote a No to this ?

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

Yes. I'm definitely voting no. It's another spike in the seniority lists coffin. And a HUGE win for the Corp wrt having reserve pilots on an electronic leash. The MEC is spinning what would have come down the pipe anyway with the new regs as a win.

For all the difference voting no has ever done. :roll: I voted no anyway.

The MEC could put a steaming plate of dog $hit in front of the Membership and they would happily eat it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for helping out and going to extraordinary interim measures to limit layoffs and help Big Red survive to fight another day. JUST DON'T MAKE CONCESSIONS PERMANENT.

jlfd26
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by jlfd26 »

If I understand correctly that electronic leash you are talking about is a mandatory measure from the new CARs. The company has to have a way to contact us electronically now. Part of the new fatigue rules

Lt. Daniel Kaffee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Lt. Daniel Kaffee »

Is that a hard or a soft NO??

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

Lt. Daniel Kaffee wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:52 pm Is that a hard or a soft NO??
That would be a soft no. I must be suffering from some kind of psychosis thinking it would make any difference. Not with our track record anyway. Enjoy socialized reserve everyone. What's next on the chopping block?

Return to “Air Canada”