NEM election

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Montroyal
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: NEM election

Post by Montroyal »

I would like to know why the YUL Chair is on here starting a thread and pushing a candidate

Sketchy AF
---------- ADS -----------

Montroyal
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Montroyal »

Rooster69 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:16 pm I see the “pilots for Change” ..P4C...are on here actively pushing their candidate...GR.

Trying to take votes away from Ken W.

I hear that some of the P4C character assassins are on another forum slamming Ken there too. Don’t know where assassins are getting this status quo malarkey from. Coming on to a public , anonymous, forum to disparage someone rely leaves a bad taste. Not cool.

If any undecided voters are on here , I suggest you read Ken’s campaign literature. He is a solid person. He worked hard to get to Air Canada and will work hard for us.
And I would also like to know if it is coincidence that the other guy pushing for him has the name "Mike" which is the same name as our MEC Chair

Sketchier AF

Attachments
Screenshot_20210128-065316_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210128-065316_Chrome.jpg (259.38 KiB) Viewed 3612 times
Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

Counterpoint wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:09 am
I’m a status quo guy
I respect your honesty and your right to choose. Your stance reflects in your choice of a candidate.

The pandemic crisis aside, I don’t think many Air Canada pilots agree with your sentiment that ACPA has been good for us. The fractured group is a result of ACPA’s failures. People seeing the failures and wanting to fix the problem. The problem is with 4000 plus pilots we end up with 4000 plus opinions on how to fix it. Notice though that the opposition is growing to the point of organizing.

If status quo continues the fractures will get larger and more organized. I suggest the status quo group heeds the warnings going on all around them. ACPA can be fixed within. But that requires willingness. Something for me personally I have given up on.

You could try to prove me wrong though.

Rooster69
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rooster69 »

Only shit, I didn’t know there is only one Mike at AC!

No , I am not Mike McKay.

Vote for who you want. What I think is sketchy is some people are anonymously slagging candidates.

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

Rooster69 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:04 am Only shit, I didn’t know there is only one Mike at AC!

No , I am not Mike McKay.

Vote for who you want. What I think is sketchy is some people are anonymously slagging candidates.
And anonymously promoting them.

Again. Does the poster who started this thread regret it yet?

Ratherbe
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ratherbe »

Counter,

I like the messages from Ken too. Sounds like no agenda just a willingness to work hard.

Montroyal
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Montroyal »

Mike "I'm Not" McKay,

So you're telling me there is another "Mike" who hates the idea of change as much as Mike "The Real" McKay who was a frequent ac pilot forum user, is active on the CBC comments section with his full name but is not on AvCanada?

If so - I got a MOA to sell you

Rooster69
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rooster69 »

I don’t hate the idea of change.

RVR6000
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RVR6000 »

altiplano wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:24 pm
RVR6000 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:37 pm
altiplano wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:54 pm
another one, I got lost reading his prose recapping all that's wrong with the covid downturn, and he says that he only wants the position until the end of the current term, what a waste;
Don’t write him off, I’ve flown with him. Really intelligent guy whose genuine and not in it for himself.

He doesn’t like politics which is the nature of the game.
Maybe so, but just looking to fill the seat for 10 months?
What's the point.
Slagging the forum when he says he's never signed on?
What's the point.
Recapping a page of what everyone knows?
What's the point.
Addressing the CEO as "Calin" in his literature.
Drives me nuts. You address your friends using their first name, not the axeman across the table trying to get his foot more solidly on your neck.
Fair enough, to each there own.

What I’ve noticed in the past is the likes of MM, KV, GW(from 2013-2015 era) will say appeasing things during elections. Once voted in, there in it for themselves, self-centred control freaks to an extent.

Montroyal
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Montroyal »

Rooster69 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:38 pm I don’t hate the idea of change.
Mike - Then why are you pushing for a candidate that is satisfied with the status quo? I looks like you literally wrote his literature

Rooster69
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rooster69 »

What are you talking about? Looks like I wrote is literature? Huh? Where have I said I want status quo?

My first post on this thread , I was calling out posters who slagging on Ken W. . I then told people to Read the literature.

aeromexico
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by aeromexico »

Rooster69 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:43 pm What are you talking about? Looks like I wrote is literature? Huh? Where have I said I want status quo?

My first post on this thread , I was calling out posters who slagging on Ken W. . I then told people to Read the literature.
I read his literature and it read like something I would see if there were elections in China or North Korea with the propping up of the current regime.

Between “securing jobs” through pay cuts, comparing AC to Sunwing, the logic that we should sacrifice the short term for the long term, work for the “will of the people” without any mention of how he would know that and a final jab at Tony, I am actually sad people will vote for this

FL030
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FL030 »

Who do you vote for if you want ALPA? Thanks

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

FL030 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:03 pm Who do you vote for if you want ALPA? Thanks
G.R. lead the previous unity talks with ALPA.

FL030
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FL030 »

Done. Thanks

YesMassaPayson
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by YesMassaPayson »

Counterpoint wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:50 am Going to suggest Ken Wright for NEM this time around

Ouch, better luck next time!

Return to “Air Canada”