NEM election

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Counterpoint
Rank 3
Rank 3

NEM election

Post by Counterpoint »

Going to suggest Ken Wright for NEM this time around, based on campaign literature.

Anybody else have a recommendations ?
---------- ADS -----------

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: NEM election

Post by altiplano »

I think the list is pretty thin...

a couple guys that have been there before and got voted out 2 years ago;
another guy that can't even get the number of layoffs straight in his literature and with primary interests in the issues of one base, and one seniority band;
another one, I got lost reading his prose recapping all that's wrong with the covid downturn, and he says that he only wants the position until the end of the current term, what a waste;
and here's a guy pretty much spending his entire time here at the LCC and looking to support the status quo, no new ideas, literature that tells you what you want to hear, and then he contradicts himself and gets snarky with people asking questions online, I did like the Michael Caine video though.

At least it's only until the end of the year... I might abstain.

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

Counterpoint wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:50 am Going to suggest Ken Wright for NEM this time around, based on campaign literature.

Anybody else have a recommendations ?

That's a good choice for status quo if that is what you are looking for.

But you can't vote status quo and then complain that it produces the same results.

The YUL candidate looks to be running on an anti Transat pro YUL base platform.

One has very limited social media presence.

Two have a track record. Of those two one is more pro change than the other.

I voted for change. I voted G.R.

skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by skypirate88 »

If you're happy with the status quo Ken is your guy.

He is very supportive of the permanent WAWCON reduction brought to us in the Cargo LOU. He's also supportive of the current deal. A deal brought to us by MEC that for months said we weren't negotiating. A deal that holds hostage almost 200 jobs (even though the MEC could have agreed to extend that MOA). A deal that allows for increased CPA flying. A deal that gives crew schedulers more flexibility while reducing ours.

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

Ken is a MEC cheerleader.

If you want to keep "parting out" and tearing holes in the fabric of a legacy that was --80 years in the making-- by generations of former Air Canada pilots, he's your guy for sure. This Membership certainly either has a proven appetite for shredding what's left based of the unbroken "yes" voting......or they just don't give a rat's a$$ enough to figure out what's happening.

It always shocks me when I see what the MEC has in store when it goes into "negotiations". It always endorses something that marginalizes unity.

Without fail.

GR is the ONLY candidate that actively endorses a proper forum to freely exchange ideas, question and debate. That's something our current --useless-- MEC frowns on for sure. The LAST thing they want is us communicating amongst ourselves, as they would lose their current "complete control" of the message.

Rupert.Pupkin
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Rupert.Pupkin »

RippleRock wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:37 pm Ken is a MEC cheerleader.

If you want to keep "parting out" and tearing holes in the fabric of a legacy that was --80 years in the making-- by generations of former Air Canada pilots, he's your guy for sure. This Membership certainly either has a proven appetite for shredding what's left based of the unbroken "yes" voting......or they just don't give a rat's a$$ enough to figure out what's happening.

It always shocks me when I see what the MEC has in store when it goes into "negotiations". It always endorses something that marginalizes unity.

Without fail.

GR is the ONLY candidate that actively endorses a proper forum to freely exchange ideas, question and debate. That's something our current --useless-- MEC frowns on for sure. The LAST thing they want is us communicating amongst ourselves, as they would lose their current "complete control" of the message.
GR? The guy who joined the ACP a week ago and is all of a sudden a big forum guy? You sound like the rest of those P4C losers trying to push their agenda.

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

Rupert.Pupkin wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:37 pm
RippleRock wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:37 pm Ken is a MEC cheerleader.

Without fail.

GR? The guy who joined the ACP a week ago and is all of a sudden a big forum guy? You sound like the rest of those P4C losers trying to push their agenda.

So anyone who isn’t satisfied with the status quo is a loser?

There is consensus that ACPA has done a poor job. The issue is that there is 4000+ different opinions on how to deal with it.

By the way when you use the word loser you are attacking the individual rather than the argument.

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

Last edited by RippleRock on Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

Rooster69
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rooster69 »

I see the “pilots for Change” ..P4C...are on here actively pushing their candidate...GR.

Trying to take votes away from Ken W.

I hear that some of the P4C character assassins are on another forum slamming Ken there too. Don’t know where assassins are getting this status quo malarkey from. Coming on to a public , anonymous, forum to disparage someone rely leaves a bad taste. Not cool.

If any undecided voters are on here , I suggest you read Ken’s campaign literature. He is a solid person. He worked hard to get to Air Canada and will work hard for us.

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

LoL,

I could easily be proven wrong but I doubt Kw is really even in the running.

Like I said it is probably between GR and HE. Both I can live with.

I’d prefer GR. But HE is still quality

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

The starter of this thread regretting it yet?

Just too obvious.

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

I'm done. Ken's a good guy. He'll fit right in.

TheStig
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by TheStig »

I don't know Ken, I'd never heard his name before this election. While I think the association needs some new members, with new ideas to start carrying the torch. I don't vote for pilots running for MEC or NEM positions who have never done any committee work. I understand if other don't agree with my position, that's fine.

I have voted for pilots who had done extensive work while working under ALPA prior to joining AC in the interest of having new voices within ACPA. The union is begging for volunteers to work in numerous committees, and I don't think we should have Generals who haven't served in the trenches.

RVR6000
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RVR6000 »

altiplano wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:54 pm
another one, I got lost reading his prose recapping all that's wrong with the covid downturn, and he says that he only wants the position until the end of the current term, what a waste;
Don’t write him off, I’ve flown with him. Really intelligent guy whose genuine and not in it for himself.

He doesn’t like politics which is the nature of the game.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

RVR6000 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:37 pm
altiplano wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:54 pm
Don’t write him off, I’ve flown with him. Really intelligent guy whose genuine and not in it for himself.

He doesn’t like politics which is the nature of the game.
Maybe so, but just looking to fill the seat for 10 months?
What's the point.
Slagging the forum when he says he's never signed on?
What's the point.
Recapping a page of what everyone knows?
What's the point.
Addressing the CEO as "Calin" in his literature.
Drives me nuts. You address your friends using their first name, not the axeman across the table trying to get his foot more solidly on your neck.

Counterpoint
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Counterpoint »

Fanblade wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:31 pm The starter of this thread regretting it yet?

Just too obvious.

Non Fanny. As I look at the literature, I see Ken website actually drills down to a FAQ that is quite extensive. Only one other candidate has a link to a website (P4C) and although it has loads of pages, it’s full of vague on details.

The other three candidates have absolutely no details just sound bite paragraphs almost identical.

I’m a status quo guy, and I’m quite happy how the union is handling the pandemic-contract. But then again, I trust the MEC and NC to handle what is best for us, especially now.

Bonne chance to all NEM candidates.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Of course you're happy with the job the MEC is doing.

bcflyer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by bcflyer »

Counterpoint wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:09 am
Fanblade wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:31 pm The starter of this thread regretting it yet?

Just too obvious.

Non Fanny. As I look at the literature, I see Ken website actually drills down to a FAQ that is quite extensive. Only one other candidate has a link to a website (P4C) and although it has loads of pages, it’s full of vague on details.

The other three candidates have absolutely no details just sound bite paragraphs almost identical.

I’m a status quo guy, and I’m quite happy how the union is handling the pandemic-contract. But then again, I trust the MEC and NC to handle what is best for us, especially now.

Bonne chance to all NEM candidates.
Status quo? So you are ok with the fact that we just went through the most profitable few years AC has ever had and yet we got no appreciable gains? Ok with the current MEC continuously bringing us concessionary agreements with no snap backs? Ok with a complete lack of transparency on anything they vote on? I could go on and on but it’s obviously a waste of time since you are quite happy giving things away. I don’t trust our MEC or MC at all.

Nobody that I have flown with for quite some time is happy with the status quo. It’s time for some serious change.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Their own survey results said the membership overwhelmingly didn't want to open the contract with the reopener.

So what do they do?

Just do a couple concessionary MOAs, and then open the contract for a concessionary TA.

Membership memory is short though... they forgot they did a survey and will vote yes...

Return to “Air Canada”