ACPA MEC

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

throwaway123
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: ACPA MEC

Post by throwaway123 »

Hangry wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:16 pm What’s wrong with the bid?
Some questionable awards for pilots some who took jr reductions. Holding positions they shouldn't be able to when using the seniority of the person who's reduction they're taking. And thereby taking a position that someone with a RIR should have gotten.
---------- ADS -----------

Hangry
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hangry »

throwaway123 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:57 pm
Some questionable awards for pilots some who took jr reductions. Holding positions they shouldn't be able to when using the seniority of the person who's reduction they're taking. And thereby taking a position that someone with a RIR should have gotten.
I think that’s been explained ad nauseam on the other forum. Or no. Gotta be something nefarious?

Lance rose
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Lance rose »

Whats wrong with the bid?

What's wrong with the MEC.that won't admit that they have a huge liability

throwaway123
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by throwaway123 »

Hangry wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:28 pm
I think that’s been explained ad nauseam on the other forum. Or no. Gotta be something nefarious?
I don't think there's anything nefarious I just think there might be some unintended mistakes given the complexity of this bid.

Montroyal
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Montroyal »

Looks like there is a poll on the forum to recall the MEC

Could it finally be time after debacle after debacle?

Rooster69
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rooster69 »

Montroyal wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:25 pm

Ha. Good luck with the recall. Not going to happen.

Montroyal
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Montroyal »

Rooster69 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:43 am

95% want a recall...not looking good for you sir...cargo pay cuts faired better...

Rooster69
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rooster69 »

Polls mean jack. You actually have to get the pilots to vote. Not going to happen

simply_no_one
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by simply_no_one »

That's what you think.

Just wait.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

simply_no_one wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:37 am That's what you think.

Just wait.
Just follow the procedures outlined in the ACPA Constitution and it will yield a result, either one way or another.

And if you are looking for external legal advice on recalling an MEC CHMN, just call the WJA MEC and see if you can get a volume discount......

thrust set
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thrust set »

“ 95% want a recall”

Are you talking about a real poll or something from the “pigpen “ forum? If it’s that latter, that forum has never been the true voice of the total Air Canada pilots. Never has and never will be. Let’s recall someone because a poll of less than 300 pilot’s who voted in favor, says we should.

Nothing to see here, I chatted with a union rep wanting answers about the bid. I walked away satisfied nothing wrong was done.

alkaseltzer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alkaseltzer »

I’d take kicking the 787 FO bragging about overtime with a steel toed shiny black boot any day. Or even his Bollywood-wannabe-YouTube cousin flying at Cargojet.

Mike Murray is doing a fine job keeping the ship upright.

The ones who wrote that “open” letter are begging for attention on the Meghan Markle level.

simply_no_one
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by simply_no_one »

The ones who wrote the letter are some of the only elected representatives who truly understand what their job is.

Hangry
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hangry »

alkaseltzer wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:38 pm I’d take kicking the 787 FO bragging about overtime with a steel toed shiny black boot any day. Or even his Bollywood-wannabe-YouTube cousin flying at Cargojet.

Ewwwww. You’re gross.

Oxi
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Oxi »

alkaseltzer wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:38 pm I’d take kicking the 787 FO bragging about overtime with a steel toed shiny black boot any day. Or even his Bollywood-wannabe-YouTube cousin flying at Cargojet.

Mike Murray is doing a fine job keeping the ship upright.

The ones who wrote that “open” letter are begging for attention on the Meghan Markle level.
if Raj Selvaraj has to post about having come from both.... "very humble beginnings myself, both personally and career wise."
i'd say this person isn't very humble

a220hereicome
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by a220hereicome »

Montroyal wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:38 am

95% want a recall...not looking good for you sir...cargo pay cuts faired better...
I wouldn't count on it.

The angry birds forum doesn't reflect the sentiment of the (mostly silent) majority. The last few votes have shown that. If that forum was a real barometer, the cargo vote would have been a resounding no. Same for the reopener.

And it's 'fared', not faired.

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

a220hereicome wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:18 am
Montroyal wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:38 am

I wouldn't count on it.

The angry birds forum doesn't reflect the sentiment of the (mostly silent) majority. The last few votes have shown that. If that forum was a real barometer, the cargo vote would have been a resounding no. Same for the reopener.

And it's 'fared', not faired.
Therein lies the kicker.

Those that are engaged, paying attention and are aware of the historical failing of ACPA and its leadership want this guy out. The bulk of the Membership is either too new to understand how we got to where we are, or too near retirement to give a damn.

MM is exactly like BW and KV; an enabler for further division while putting the good of the Membership second. TA1 and the FOS goat-rope was the wedge that shattered the "ACPA log". MM like his predecessors, is busy ensuring the the remaining pieces are shattered too. Unity is a mess that's getting worse. The Membership should NEVER have been offered a vote on a permanent 10% reduction for 767 flying. The further division that resulted is a violation of our Constitution, as are the onerous working conditions. DT's expulsion was an outrage.

Too few of us understand that. The ones that do, said yes to the pole to remove.

genetic jack hammer
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by genetic jack hammer »

alkaseltzer wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:38 pm Or even his Bollywood-wannabe-YouTube cousin flying at Cargojet.
Oh god, he’s still making those videos?

NotDirty!
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by NotDirty! »

RippleRock wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:18 am Too few of us understand that. The ones that do, said yes to the pole to remove.
This made me laugh! Not sure if it was intentional, but it is a fairly accurate description of how the company has treated us, and all ACPa seems to do is lube the pole! Shouldn’t that make it easier to remove too, though?

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

alkaseltzer wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:38 pm Mike Murray is doing a fine job keeping the ship upright.
You got that right... one in the same... Management/ACPA Reps just blend into one...

Return to “Air Canada”