Federal Funding On its way?

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Federal Funding On its way?

Post by photofly »

Monkey_in_a_suit wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:46 am
Stephen Harper didn’t do anything at all before entering politics, did he?
Except get a Masters degree in Economics but I guess we won't talk about that.
We can talk about it, sure.

Justin Trudeau has a B.A. and a B.Ed. Christina Freeland has a Masters degree. Carolyn Bennet is a doctor. Dominic Leblanc has a Masters degree in laws from Harvard Law School. Jean-Yvette Duckos has a Ph.D in economics from the LSE and was president-elect of the Canadian Exonomics Association. Marc Garneau has a Ph.D in electrical engineering. Marie-Claude Bibeau has a degree in economics. Melanie Joly has a law degree and a masters in law. I’m not even a quarter of the way down the list. What’s your point?
---------- ADS -----------

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

So a bunch of people with paper degrees and no experience put in roles not suited to the paper degrees. The incompetence in the government is making sense now.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

He definitely is not as in touch with his black side as Trudeau tries to be.

simply_no_one
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by simply_no_one »

photofly wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:04 am

Justin Trudeau has a B.A. and a B.Ed. Christina Freeland has a Masters degree. Carolyn Bennet is a doctor. Dominic Leblanc has a Masters degree in laws from Harvard Law School. Jean-Yvette Duckos has a Ph.D in economics from the LSE and was president-elect of the Canadian Exonomics Association. Marc Garneau has a Ph.D in electrical engineering. Marie-Claude Bibeau has a degree in economics. Melanie Joly has a law degree and a masters in law. I’m not even a quarter of the way down the list. What’s your point?
If I've learned anything in life, it's that degrees mean very little and many with Masters or Doctorates think they are lot smarter than they are. All it proves is they were able to sit in school for an extra 6-10 years. Wow.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

RRJetPilot wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:53 am So a bunch of people with paper degrees and no experience put in roles not suited to the paper degrees. The incompetence in the government is making sense now.
I'm going to guess you don't have any kind of degree, if you think that a degree in something specific has any relevance to being a federal minister.

Justin Trudeau didn't accomplish much before becoming a politician. Fine. Nor did Stephen Harper. Stephen Harper has a degree. Fine, so does Justin Trudeau.

Stop with the "Liberals aren't qualified" trope. You don't like their politics, fine, we get that. But they got elected. Your turn to try again, next time.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

photofly wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:08 am
RRJetPilot wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:53 am So a bunch of people with paper degrees and no experience put in roles not suited to the paper degrees. The incompetence in the government is making sense now.
I'm going to guess you don't have any kind of degree, if you think that a degree in something specific has any relevance to being a federal minister.

Justin Trudeau didn't accomplish much before becoming a politician. Fine. Nor did Stephen Harper. Stephen Harper has a degree. Fine, so does Justin Trudeau.

Stop with the "Liberals aren't qualified" trope. You don't like their politics, fine, we get that. But they got elected. Your turn to try again, next time.
I have a B.A and In no way would that qualify me out of school to be a PM after teaching a drama class. Its his image and last name that made him PM, not his intellect or qualifications. He is just about as corrupt as they come though, so he fits in perfectly.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Can you enumerate in what way Stephen Harper was better qualified? According to Wikipedia, it would be correct to say he worked as a mail room clerk before entering politics.

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

photofly wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:24 am Can you enumerate in what way Stephen Harper was better qualified? According to Wikipedia, it would be correct to say he worked as a mail room clerk before entering politics.
https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/ ... eph-harper

He did a lot before being the PM. Unlike Trudeau. And I'm not saying Harper was great or anything. But I am saying Trudeau is a trust fund baby with no experience or skill, only corruption.

GATRKGA
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GATRKGA »

simply_no_one wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:07 am

If I've learned anything in life, it's that degrees mean very little and many with Masters or Doctorates think they are lot smarter than they are. All it proves is they were able to sit in school for an extra 6-10 years. Wow.
You should join the hiring board at AC.

alkaseltzer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alkaseltzer »

GATRKGA wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:38 pm

GATRKGA, I know you’ve been PFOd before, no need to demonize the hiring board at AC. You might find a clean slate at Jazz.

Many quality people get PFOd and likewise, some idiots make it through...all professions and companies.

simply_no_one
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by simply_no_one »

GATRKGA wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:38 pm

Lots of pilots have been hired at AC in the last many years without a degree. Myself included.

Probably got PFO'd for another reason.

redbusdriver
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by redbusdriver »

he just salty still after the no deal :lol:

Return to “Air Canada”