No pilot recalls until Spring 2023???

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

a220hereicome
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: No pilot recalls until Spring 2023???

Post by a220hereicome »

dumpsterfire wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:22 pm Of course you got guaranteed days off now - THE GOVERNMENT MADE IT SO

Only in ACPALand can a government imposed policy be sold as an ACPA WIN TO THE MEMBERSHIP
Nope.

The additional G days were negotiated in the collective agreement. They weren't put there because of CARS. As long as you get the minimum number of days off in a month, you're legal. Even if the days off slide around.

One of the biggest complaints about our reserve system (and I heard it a lot), was, "We should have more G days, like Jazz". So ACPA fixed it.

Why don't you show us where the CARS state that days off have to be G days?
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by a220hereicome on Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
asleep_at_the_yoke
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by asleep_at_the_yoke »

I Hope you're not in the Union. Lots of justification going on for a shit deal

Last edited by asleep_at_the_yoke on Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

Wow this place is toxic.

asleep_at_the_yoke
Rank 1
Rank 1

imjustlurking wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:37 pm Wow this place is toxic.
ACPA? Yes

dumpsterfire
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dumpsterfire »

asleep_at_the_yoke wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:43 pm
imjustlurking wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:37 pm Wow this place is toxic.
ACPA? Yes
I prefer the term "dumpster fire"

Don't worry - no fire burns forever

aeronauticaldisaster
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by aeronauticaldisaster »

a220hereicome wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:01 pm
dumpsterfire wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:22 pm Of course you got guaranteed days off now - THE GOVERNMENT MADE IT SO

Only in ACPALand can a government imposed policy be sold as an ACPA WIN TO THE MEMBERSHIP
Nope.

The additional G days were negotiated in the collective agreement. They weren't put there because of CARS. As long as you get the minimum number of days off in a month, you're legal. Even if the days off slide around.

One of the biggest complaints about our reserve system (and I heard it a lot), was, "We should have more G days, like Jazz". So we fixed it.

Why don't you show us where the CARS state that days off have to be G days?
It's not too hard to figure out who is who here.

I mean there is literally one fan of "Best Fit" - the guy who negotiated it

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

dumpsterfire wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:18 pm I prefer the term "dumpster fire"

Don't worry - no fire burns forever
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralia_mine_fire

------
The Centralia mine fire is a coal-seam fire that has been burning underneath the borough of Centralia, Pennsylvania, United States, since at least May 27, 1962.
-----

a220hereicome
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by a220hereicome »

asleep_at_the_yoke wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:34 pm I Hope you're not in the Union. Lots of justification going on for a shit deal
What I’m gathering from your post, and others, is that a P4C member would never have negotiated this new reserve system, or supported it at the MEC?

nowind
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by nowind »

Whats funny about all this kiden garden fight is that this agreement was voted for at 77%. I dont get why everybody is angry about best fit when the majority voted for it. Personally I voted no to this AIP for other reasons, but I rather have control on my days off when I sit senior on reserve than be able to pass the whole month so I can live with it and I respect the choice that WE made. Can we look forward now as a group and stop this toxic BS.

asleep_at_the_yoke
Rank 1
Rank 1

nowind wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:32 pm Whats funny about all this kiden garden fight is that this agreement was voted for at 77%. I dont get why everybody is angry about best fit when the majority voted for it. Personally I voted no to this AIP for other reasons, but I rather have control on my days off when I sit senior on reserve than be able to pass the whole month so I can live with it and I respect the choice that WE made. Can we look forward now as a group and stop this toxic BS.
The deal was not properly explained. And it was grouped in with a bunch of other things like the MOA extension and bringing surplus back active. You think people at large dug into the best fit language? You know a lot of pilots just vote yes because the union tells them it's good, right?

Additionally a lot of the issues we're finding now were not obvious back when the bare language was released. Such as the company assigning 15 different RAP periods per day. The deal stinks and it's really only now we're seeing how bad.

The fact the architects of the deal are STILL defending it is laughable. I'd have a bit more respect for them if they said "yeah guys sorry we fucked up".

Outlaw58
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Outlaw58 »

asleep_at_the_yoke wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:24 pm The deal was not properly explained...
Or you were asleep at the yoke?

Sorry, that one was too easy :)

Carry on with your discussion.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Outlaw58 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:26 am
asleep_at_the_yoke wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:24 pm The deal was not properly explained...
Or you were asleep at the yoke?

Sorry, that one was too easy :)

Carry on with your discussion.

No, it was that it was not explained.

Typical ACPA sell job, misleading and incomplete information, limited time for the membership to decide and discuss before the vote, controlled webinar with preselected questions, emotional blackmail and innuendo, from the surplus pilots' future to "do you think you can do better in arbitration."

Counterpoint
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Counterpoint »

Okay….what exactly didn’t you like about the last deal?

Leave the toxicity for a bit and spell out your real concerns.

asleep_at_the_yoke
Rank 1
Rank 1

Counterpoint wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:51 am Okay….what exactly didn’t you like about the last deal?

Ok here's four

1) RAPS. lack of any black and white language. No ability to bid raps like other airlines, no language around what best fit really means. Leaving a lot to CS interpretation. Company making 10-15 raps a day 30 mins apart to get around "all things equal" wording which means little to nothing to begin with. Lots of people complaining on all the chat groups about this. Company being allowed to move RAPs (other mature airlines with RAPs don't allow this).

2) best fit. Just the whole implementation and language as usual is the air Canada way aka doing things differently than what's pretty common in the industry.

3) lack of defining what a red eye is. Like really?

4) augment changes from 14-15 hours.

dumpsterfire
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dumpsterfire »

Counterpoint wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:51 am Okay….what exactly didn’t you like about the last deal?

You mean the one that was tied in with recalls and then they didn't negotiate any dates for the said recalls?

That one?

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

“Best fit” equals less pilots required. We have furloughs.

Vacation buy backs for October November. We have furloughs.

But overall Best fit sucks. Huge give with a couple of Gdays in return and slightly better pay. These RAPS turn seniority on its head. Did ACPA even see that one coming?

All of this when the membership told ACPA, in a survey, they did NOT want to negotiate in the current environment.

Personally I don’t want ACPA negotiating at all. Every time I hear they are talking to the company I get a sinking feeling.

They did it anyway.

Standby for gaslighting.

Counterpoint
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Counterpoint »

I thought all the days in POR block were going to Gdays ?

Isn’t that better ?

Also, if you do work on those Gdays it’s double time no ? And don’t they give you the Gdays back ?

737Maximilian
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 737Maximilian »

It's honestly embarrassing to see how much was lost throughout the course of this pandemic. All the while, our furloughed have been treated worse than at any other large airline in Canada. The NHL is starting to feel like Timbits U7 at this point.

Thank god we're going to start to getting some new union leadership at the helm.

asleep_at_the_yoke
Rank 1
Rank 1

Counterpoint wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:56 am I thought all the days in POR block were going to Gdays ?

Isn’t that better ?

Also, if you do work on those Gdays it’s double time no ? And don’t they give you the Gdays back ?
Ah yes a few extra dollarydoos to lose complete control over your seniority. No biddable RAPs is ridiculous. As is the company putting unlimited RAPs all 30 mins apart to get around best fit.

Counterpoint
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Counterpoint »

Can you bid your Gdays in seniority ?

Return to “Air Canada”