No pilot recalls until Spring 2023???

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

pumpkinpatch
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: No pilot recalls until Spring 2023???

Post by pumpkinpatch »

JoeyBarton wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:42 pm The sad part is I don't think the company saved any money by layingoff 600 folks and down train the 3500 still on property to then up train the 3500 and recall the 600 in a 18 month time frame...Everybody is changing seats...
Also makes you wonder if having 3-4 different types on each NJA and WJA is really to thing to moving forward. Protects the pilots in any downturn but that really is the only advantage given a crisis hits every 8-10 year cycle..
I wonder if it would have been cheaper to pay all 600 year 1/2 flat pay pilots to stay home, and come in say once every 6 months to get current and wait it all out. And leave everyone else in their positions. Remember the wage subsidy only just ended a month or two ago, and most of those wages could have been heavily subsidized by the government. The training cost for the downbid, and coming upbid with reinstatement rights can't be cheap. Mind you I'm sure the company was happy to cut 2 years of service out for all of the 600 furloughs. Nothing says "Premier Canadian Airline" like 6 years of flat pay. Oh and forcing recalled pilots into the right seat of a WB, using their one and only course right. Don't like it? Bypass, but then lose even more YOS and pay. This place really seems to miss the mark over and over again on how to treat your employees right. There is no "new relationship" there is no "win as one", it's the company vs. the pilots. And I hope more pilots are waking up to this, and most of all our union. Best of all with all these fatigue issues, and bouncing people around on RAPs, fucking with seating on DH's, calling pilots during what's supposed to be time off etc. there is no "safety first, always" either.
---------- ADS -----------

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

pumpkinpatch wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:08 pm There is no "new relationship" there is no "win as one", it's the company vs. the pilots. And I hope more pilots are waking up to this, and most of all our union. Best of all with all these fatigue issues, and bouncing people around on RAPs, fucking with seating on DH's, calling pilots during what's supposed to be time off etc. there is no "safety first, always" either.
You've got all the catch phrases in there... it's just lip service. They say it, but they don't believe it. Maybe we do, as pilots, as professionals. But it is US VS. THEM. It always has been, and they have never stopped playing that way, they just talked of the new relationship, did a few road shows, posted is in the head, and tossed us B passes all of which cost them nothing...

“The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist”—Charles Baudelaire.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

altiplano wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:30 pm
pumpkinpatch wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:08 pm There is no "new relationship" there is no "win as one", it's the company vs. the pilots. And I hope more pilots are waking up to this, and most of all our union. Best of all with all these fatigue issues, and bouncing people around on RAPs, fucking with seating on DH's, calling pilots during what's supposed to be time off etc. there is no "safety first, always" either.
You've got all the catch phrases in there... it's just lip service. They say it, but they don't believe it. Maybe we do, as pilots, as professionals. But it is US VS. THEM. It always has been, and they have never stopped playing that way, they just talked of the new relationship, did a few road shows, posted is in the head, and tossed us B passes all of which cost them nothing...

“The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist”—Charles Baudelaire.
You are experiencing your career in a very sad way. I hope that you are able to find happiness in your life and career soon.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

imjustlurking wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:36 pm

You are experiencing your career in a very sad way. I hope that you are able to find happiness in your life and career soon.
Fuçk off wanker.

I'm having a great time in my life. I'm winning at life in my opinion, and I like winning, but ACPA isn't winning, is blindingly obvious that they suck balls at their mandate.

Management aren't our friends, you're fucking naive if they think they are there for you, they will turn you out to McWages and cleaning the shitter if you let them. That's their job, they don't give a shit about the profession, only the bottom line.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

altiplano wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:21 pm

Fuçk off wanker.

I'm having a great time in my life. I'm winning at life in my opinion, and I like winning, but ACPA isn't winning, is blindingly obvious that they suck balls at their mandate.

Management aren't our friends, you're fucking naive if they think they are there for you, they will turn you out to McWages and cleaning the shitter if you let them. That's their job, they don't give a shit about the profession, only the bottom line.
Again, I hope that you are able to find happiness in your life and career soon. You aggressive replies are an indication of agitation, displeasure, and general unhappiness. A simple comment wishing you well should not have that effect on you.

I am sad that you don't believe that a professional and courteous relationship between you and your employer is a possibility. That might be a reflection on you, but it can also be a reflection on the company. I would like you to know that not all companies are run by cold blooded penny pinching accountants.

redbusdriver
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by redbusdriver »

imjustlurking wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:19 am
altiplano wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:21 pm

Fuçk off wanker.

Again, I hope that you are able to find happiness in your life and career soon. You aggressive replies are an indication of agitation, displeasure, and general unhappiness. A simple comment wishing you well should not have that effect on you.

I am sad that you don't believe that a professional and courteous relationship between you and your employer is a possibility. That might be a reflection on you, but it can also be a reflection on the company. I would like you to know that not all companies are run by cold blooded penny pinching accountants.
he's in denial imjustlurking. don't agree with his views an he becomes a toxic pos, there's no having a different view. let him throw his tempertantrum. oh and quoting charlie sheen doesn't make you a winner altiplano, but it's cool if you like the nose powder, just be careful.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Please - save me the passive aggressive self righteous drivel.

You feel sorry for me and imply that I don't have a good life when you don't know a thing about me. But then you are just wishing me well while telling me to go back to wanking to 30 year old Mariah Carey pictures. That gets a GFYS from me... you sign up on this site a few months ago and post non-stop bullshit about things you know nothing of.

I absolutely have a professional and courteous relationship with my employer. And I'm a professional at work. That doesn't mean that I have to be naive to corporate motives. That doesn't mean I can't do what it takes and push for better and advocate for myself and colleagues including wankers like you two who apparently just showed up here...

"No having a different view." redbusdriver? Like what, giving away must of a 50 year hard fought contract in the space of a decade? You just support ACPA concessions and AC management even when the fear mongering or direction is proved wrong in hindsight. Even when the unintended consequences roll down hill to us.

And what does Charlie Sheen have to do with anything? And nose powder? You have no argument to make. You just attack with drivel.

I feel sorry for you guys. Compliant little sheep. Each one of you so special. You're naive and blind. Both apparently furloughs, so you worked here for what? A year give it take? You certainly must know how it is... You're how old? College to jazz to AC? Wake up little darlings.

Dashdriver88
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Dashdriver88 »

altiplano wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:43 pm
Joshc1988 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:01 pm
HavaJava wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:05 am That is the official company forecast directly from the VP or Flight Ops as of this week.

He hopes they can recall earlier, but they are not forecasting 75% of 2019 levels until spring 2023 and that’s the trigger for recall.

We are currently 1100 pilots over staffed.
I highly doubt that’s the case now.
Looks like that quote is 6 months old...

That said, they are short and management are liars every day when it comes to giving you the scoop and inside info. Special roadshow or casual visit in the sim.

They say things like that because it's their job to keep labour unsettled, it plays to their advantage to drop rumours like that.

What a screw up this training mess is... it's of their own making and they won't admit it, but still they'll look to us to fix it.

Thanks for the update. What’s your take on hiring off the street?

Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

Tell me when CBC and CNN stop jacking off to Covid deaths and I’ll tell you when AC starts hiring again.

Dashdriver88
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Dashdriver88 »

Sharklasers wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:01 am Tell me when CBC and CNN stop jacking off to Covid deaths and I’ll tell you when AC starts hiring again.
Gotcha.

737Maximilian
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 737Maximilian »

It sounds like the government is on the verge of reimposing further travel restrictions. What's the over/under this will affect recalls and the everyone back by June plan?

scabbydoo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by scabbydoo »

737Maximilian wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:41 pm It sounds like the government is on the verge of reimposing further travel restrictions. What's the over/under this will affect recalls and the everyone back by June plan?
They've already been tripping over their own dicks by dragging their feet with the recall process and caught with their pants down. Imagine how stupid they'd have to be to ignore the lessons of the past year.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

scabbydoo wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:48 am
737Maximilian wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:41 pm It sounds like the government is on the verge of reimposing further travel restrictions. What's the over/under this will affect recalls and the everyone back by June plan?
They've already been tripping over their own dicks by dragging their feet with the recall process and caught with their pants down. Imagine how stupid they'd have to be to ignore the lessons of the past year.
They're pretty stupid...considering they still think they have any ability to control variants via minor border restrictions.

Now they are gaslighting the population with the line 'double vaxed or boostered individuals will not be protected from Omicron' - are you f*cking serious with this?

Lol_xD
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Lol_xD »

If people don’t band together and let it be known that enough is enough, things will only get worse. 2 years have gone by, no rapid tests, no increased hospital capacity, just more debt, mental health issues, struggling businesses and struggling families. Shaming people for travelling and for not getting vaccinated, meanwhile now even the vaccinated are “no longer safe”. This is a gong show and the government overreach is doing more damage than good. Go live your life, and if you are scared take precautions. Stay home, order uber eats, but don’t stop me from living my life.
Best Cure
Best Cure
5723C608-3546-45AF-B9BE-F4092BCA40EC.jpeg (392.93 KiB) Viewed 4310 times

ikarus
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ikarus »

We beat to death this issue under Vax mandate few topics below... But unfortunately people were to blind to see where are we all headed. And now more and more people who did their due diligence and got 2 shots are starting to ask themselves - when does this stop!?

As long as we keep complying - it won't stop. Almost 2 years into this circus and we are getting more restrictions while more and more people are immunized. But the goal posts keep moving, so soon 2 plus booster will become a non vaccinated, and you will be labeled as anti vaxer. Just ask Israel....

Fidget
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fidget »

So you’re thinking by standing up and saying enough is enough that COVID and the variants will magically go away?? Holy @#$!! Why didn’t we think of this sooner! So, the concept is not get a booster then get omicron or delta and that will show them who is the boss? I get it. We also do get to die. Win win. Fucking hell. :roll:

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Mass psychosis.

It's overblown and it's been misrepresented, we've all been herded toward a single door.

Stop participating in the psychosis.

Counterpoint
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Counterpoint »

Which side are you referring to?

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

Fidget wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:43 pm So you’re thinking by standing up and saying enough is enough that COVID and the variants will magically go away?? Holy @#$!! Why didn’t we think of this sooner! So, the concept is not get a booster then get omicron or delta and that will show them who is the boss? I get it. We also do get to die. Win win. Fucking hell. :roll:
No he’s saying Omicron is as bad as the common cold. In almost every other country has just gone back to their normal life. Only Canada and Australia, new zealand, have people into a panic over this

ToolShed
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ToolShed »

Back to the topic.

Sooo, is everyone recalled now at AC?

Return to “Air Canada”