Support For Tony

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Support For Tony

Post by hithere »

I would say this battle has cost him friends and family. No job is worth losing that or your sanity over, especially when the new generation at “The NHL of aviation”(ie AC) don’t share his outrage. They just want to post pictures on Instagram of them on a heavy living their “best life”. It’s lost on them. He needs to take care himself and just walk away from this train wreck of litigation
---------- ADS -----------

Dry Guy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dry Guy »

Attacking new hire pilots because they are not also having public meltdowns accomplishs nothing except further division.

ALPApolicy
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ALPApolicy »

Dry Guy wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:03 pm Attacking new hire pilots because they are not also having public meltdowns accomplishes nothing except further division.
Oh c'mon. It's not just new hire pilots that are this lame.

acpaleaks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by acpaleaks »

hithere wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:57 pm I would say this battle has cost him friends and family. No job is worth losing that or your sanity over, especially when the new generation at “The NHL of aviation”(ie AC) don’t share his outrage. They just want to post pictures on Instagram of them on a heavy living their “best life”. It’s lost on them. He needs to take care himself and just walk away from this train wreck of litigation
You have no idea what the new generation want.

You obviously don't actully talk to new hire pilots.

Bunk hog
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bunk hog »

Jimmy_Hoffa wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:23 am Simon Ledsham - 1st year associate at Stikeman Elliott in Montreal.
McGill University (B.C.L. and LL.B., 2018), McGill University (B.A. Political Science, First Class Honours with Distinction, 2015), Admitted to the Quebec Bar in 2020. He also wrote for and edited a hockey stick manufacturer's official blog from 2016 to 2019, publishing technical articles and managing online community relations.
What would a judge do if his son acted the way Tony did in those videos.
Hope those videos don’t find their way to Stikeman....they may have a different opinion of their new hire associate! Personally, if I ever saw a video of my dad acting like that...I’d be embarrassed.

Montroyal
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Montroyal »

I would expect that any person who saw a shell of someone’s former self would show some empathy

If your WWII Ace pilot Grandpa crapped himself at a war memorial – would you be embarrassed?

People age, we change. Poking a stick at an injured bear is as pathetic of a move as I can think of.

acpaleaks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by acpaleaks »

Montroyal wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:24 am I would expect that any person who saw a shell of someone’s former self would show some empathy

If your WWII Ace pilot Grandpa crapped himself at a war memorial – would you be embarrassed?

People age, we change. Poking a stick at an injured bear is as pathetic of a move as I can think of.
The problem is Tony isn't your grandpa at a WW2 Memorial. He's an Air Canada pilot who is arguably still in their prime years, and was an elected union representative. He has a bit of a standard to uphold. And for the record I have it under good authority that many people have reached out to him and tried to help, encouraged him to get help etc. only to be lambasted by Tony, called a traitor and harassed. Tony needs help, everyone knows it except him. Don't think people haven't tried to help.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

It must be tough when people are lying right to your face, the fix in in, and there's nothing you can do about. The full resources of your own association that you have contributed so much to are being brought against you.

It's difficult to sit and take that, I think a lot of people would be boiling over.

Not the best tactic, boiling over, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

acpaleaks wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:52 am
Montroyal wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:24 am I would expect that any person who saw a shell of someone’s former self would show some empathy

The problem is Tony isn't your grandpa at a WW2 Memorial. He's an Air Canada pilot who is arguably still in their prime years, and was an elected union representative. He has a bit of a standard to uphold. And for the record I have it under good authority that many people have reached out to him and tried to help, encouraged him to get help etc. only to be lambasted by Tony, called a traitor and harassed. Tony needs help, everyone knows it except him. Don't think people haven't tried to help.
Don't forget the constant "you are defaming me" any time he disagreed with somebody's opinion on him.

grimreaper70
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by grimreaper70 »

Some pilots are a funny lot.

Smart enough to operate complex machines with so many switches that it would overwhelm a swinger on Jeff Epstein's Sex Island yet clueless enough not to understand some basic emotional intelligence. 

Pilots quite literally have fireside debates about the appropriate length time to press a fire test button but yet some barely comprehend what it means to be empathetic.

Empathy is the ability to put yourself in someone else's shoes.

Flying OT while your constituents are furloughed would demonstrate a lack of empathy but so would poking a man that has literally been fighting his entire life including while wearing the Maple Leaf on his military uniform.

Let that sink in for a moment - this aviator has literally reached the pinnacle of what can be asked of a Canadian pilot - to carry our flag over a declared enemy and do so risking his life for his fellow citizens.

When someone has literally been at full throttle their whole life it is no wonder a few bearings have come loose. 

And loose as they may have come, the association invested more resources in defending itself from itself than it ever has for itself.  It has been as productive as a deadhead both ways on a 2 leg pairing.

Tony is now free.  Free of this regime and yet still employed. ACPA still has an obligation to him while he has no obligation to them. If there was a ballot today for such a deal, members would be ejecting faster than a Cuban baseball team at an American tournament.  I could only imagine the carnage as the association watched as members seeked asylum from the asylum.  Acpa could try their own "Bay of Pigs" but the pigs probably wouldn't get past the Overtime trough.

The 70% of Members who actually pay attention to this band which could appropriately be named "The Shillers" or "3 more concessions down" or "Panic! At the terminal" or "Sell Out Boy" or for the YVR band in July - "Green Back Day" - there is some good news:

ACPA is walking away from the administration of life insurance and probably for good reason. This would be the last organization one should trust overlooking post humous affairs.  Predictably 30% didn't even bother to ensure that their beneficiaries were identified. I guess it is hard to kill the habit of ignoring acpa propoganda. Old habits die hard.

It is hard to watch the news of aviation down south.  US Airlines are deeply concerned about getting back to normal wait times for customers.  That's right - while we wait for the official start flag to get travel back to "normal" - they are pleading for mercy from the hordes of customers who want normal levels of service. The dichotomy couldn't be anymore extreme. 

Hopefully soon our very own Transport Minister will "Choo Choo" choose us again as he is busy pushing for a high speed monorail like something out of a Simpsons episode. At this point Krusty could be in charge because well how could it get any worse than the current clowns running the show

Last edited by grimreaper70 on Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a220hereicome
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by a220hereicome »

grimreaper70

Brevity is a valued competence among aviators.

Montroyal
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Montroyal »

a220hereicome wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:11 am grimreaper70

Brevity is a valued competence among aviators.
Perhaps true for the little plane pilots

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

As in fighter jets that Tony flew?

Lance rose
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Lance rose »

Does anyone know if he could go back to the military? Maybe he could instruct on the F 18

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

Lance rose wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:08 pm Does anyone know if he could go back to the military? Maybe he could instruct on the F 18
If he can't hold down his AC gig because of his attitude, he isn't suitable for the military.

thrust set
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thrust set »

Last edited by thrust set on Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thrust set
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thrust set »

“Does anyone know if he could go back to the military? Maybe he could instruct on the F 18“

Do you think the Canadian military could do better? Why would they accept back a 60 plus, jaded, argumentative first officer from Air Canada, whose been kick off of several committees and the only pilot booted from our union. I think we know the answer to this one.

Just let this one fade away folks.

acpaleaks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by acpaleaks »

Hard to let it fade away if you keep bumping the thread.

alkaseltzer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alkaseltzer »

grimreaper70 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:10 am Some pilots are a funny lot.

Smart enough to operate complex machines with so many switches that it would overwhelm a swinger on Jeff Epstein's Sex Island yet clueless enough not to understand some basic emotional intelligence.

Pilots quite literally have fireside debates about the appropriate length time to press a fire test button but yet some barely comprehend what it means to be empathetic.

Empathy is the ability to put yourself in someone else's shoes.

Flying OT while your constituents are furloughed would demonstrate a lack of empathy but so would poking a man that has literally been fighting his entire life including while wearing the Maple Leaf on his military uniform.

Let that sink in for a moment - this aviator has literally reached the pinnacle of what can be asked of a Canadian pilot - to carry our flag over a declared enemy and do so risking his life for his fellow citizens.

When someone has literally been at full throttle their whole life it is no wonder a few bearings have come loose.

And loose as they may have come, the association invested more resources in defending itself from itself than it ever has for itself. It has been as productive as a deadhead both ways on a 2 leg pairing.

Tony is now free. Free of this regime and yet still employed. ACPA still has an obligation to him while he has no obligation to them. If there was a ballot today for such a deal, members would be ejecting faster than a Cuban baseball team at an American tournament. I could only imagine the carnage as the association watched as members seeked asylum from the asylum. Acpa could try their own "Bay of Pigs" but the pigs probably wouldn't get past the Overtime trough.

The 70% of Members who actually pay attention to this band which could appropriately be named "The Shillers" or "3 more concessions down" or "Panic! At the terminal" or "Sell Out Boy" or for the YVR band in July - "Green Back Day" - there is some good news:

ACPA is walking away from the administration of life insurance and probably for good reason. This would be the last organization one should trust overlooking post humous affairs. Predictably 30% didn't even bother to ensure that their beneficiaries were identified. I guess it is hard to kill the habit of ignoring acpa propoganda. Old habits die hard.

It is hard to watch the news of aviation down south. US Airlines are deeply concerned about getting back to normal wait times for customers. That's right - while we wait for the official start flag to get travel back to "normal" - they are pleading for mercy from the hordes of customers who want normal levels of service. The dichotomy couldn't be anymore extreme.

Hopefully soon our very own Transport Minister will "Choo Choo" choose us again as he is busy pushing for a high speed monorail like something out of a Simpsons episode. At this point Krusty could be in charge because well how could it get any worse than the current clowns running the show
Tony is the modern day "Pericles" and the ACPA counsel and membership have more in parallel with the Athenians. History repeats itself, even if it's ancient.

Here's another parallel, Pericles went out with the plague, much like Tony going out with Covid. Reincarnation? Feels so.

All the best to the aviator who served our flag behind enemy lines.

acpaleaks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by acpaleaks »

Wait Tony has covid!!!? Shit.

Return to “Air Canada”