Happy Treason Day!

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Happy Treason Day!

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

altiplano wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:00 pm Americans are friendly and generous people... from Seattle to Detroit to LA to Honolulu to small town Western NY/Montana/Oregon... you can sit in a local pub and meet some interesting, generous people. I love going to small US pubs, without fail I meet very friendly people and have a great time.

You can cherry pick all the internet articles you want, the US is the most successful country in history that has had the highest access to opportunity of anywhere, ever. Nothing is perfect, but they clearly are the world leaders.
You're right, I shouldn't paint all Americans with the same brush, but again, I will correct you when you say that the US has the highest access to opportunity anywhere. That is your white privilege talking.

And for the record, I am white and have voted CPC in every election since I turned 18.
---------- ADS -----------

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:40 pm And for the record, I am white and have voted CPC in every election since I turned 18.
This means if you live in Ontario you voted for the guy who blew 2.5 million dollars on a fake company to market a useless device to fight covid. :lol:

Montroyal
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Montroyal »

Lt. Daniel Kaffee wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:12 pm
July 4th - Happy Treason Day!!
600 furloughed out of 4200...14 or 15%

What percentage of Jazz pilots were laid off?
What percentage of Air Transat pilots were laid off?
What percentage of Sunwing pilots were laid off?
What percentage of Porter pilots were laid off?
What percentage of Westjet pilots were laid off?
What percentage of Westjet Encore pilots were laid off?

Maybe stop hitting your head against the wall and realize how good most AC pilots have had it. Senior management have stated that had they known how long Covid was going to last they would have furloughed 3000 pilots.

Does it suck to be furloughed...it sure does. But the epidemic has nothing to do with AC or ACPA.
The worst part isn't that your rhetoric is coming from a low functioning organization but that you dont have the ability to critically think on your own

acpaleaks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by acpaleaks »

47north wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:29 am
Couldn’t pay me enough to live down there. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.
No need to live there. I'd happily commute as would likely many other AC pilots. Get paid much more and not have to deal with ACPA. Sounds like a win to me.

Last edited by acpaleaks on Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
47north
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 47north »

altiplano wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:00 pm
47north wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:30 am
altiplano wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:12 am Couldn't pay you enough to live in the richest, freest, most egalitarian, most opportunity, most successful country that has ever existed in history?

With some of the friendliest, most genuine, most welcoming, salt of the earth type people? And some of the most interesting and diverse cultures?

With some of the most varied and beautiful places in the world? And some of the most exciting and diverse cities?

The US is a great country, the excessive pride of Canadians who somehow look down their noses at America is deranged. Too much CBC maybe.

I take pride in where I'm from, but I really question the ideas and motivations of many of my countrymen. Cancel Canada Day? Make another apology? Lose another Security Council seat? Shut down more industries? Piss away our kids futures? Waffle on another decision? Vote for THESE Liberals again?

WTF... we're stumbling around in the dark. We once had a place as a respected middle power in the world, we were once admired around the world, now we're just lackey chumps that other countries keep their space from and roll their eyes at. Sorry Canadians is what we're known for...
If it’s so bad here please leave
Canada isn't the problem, it's people like you. Do you think trashing on America makes you better, does that make you superior somehow?

And this:

"If you don't like it leave."
"If you think it's so bad quit."

Give me a break.

How about let's get it back to where it should be. Let's improve the nation instead of feeling sorry.
I suggest walking away from your keyboard and relaxing. Way too angry there pal.

I’m not trashing anything. Many fine people on both sides of the border and a few a**holes. Like on this forum for example.

I wouldn’t want to live there because I don’t like their guns laws, criminal justice system, health care, system of government, etc. To each their own but not my cup of tea.

I agree about improving this place. Not sure trashing your own country helps that.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

47north wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:43 pm
47north wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:30 am

If it’s so bad here please leave
Canada isn't the problem, it's people like you. Do you think trashing on America makes you better, does that make you superior somehow?

And this:

Give me a break.

How about let's get it back to where it should be. Let's improve the nation instead of feeling sorry.
I suggest walking away from your keyboard and relaxing. Way too angry there pal.

I’m not trashing anything. Many fine people on both sides of the border and a few a**holes. Like on this forum for example.

I wouldn’t want to live there because I don’t like their guns laws, criminal justice system, health care, system of government, etc. To each their own but not my cup of tea.

I agree about improving this place. Not sure trashing your own country helps that.
I don't need to take shots at other countries to lift my own... that's what you did... trashing our greatest ally is a Canadian pastime and it's bullshit.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

montado wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:38 pm
notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:40 pm And for the record, I am white and have voted CPC in every election since I turned 18.
This means if you live in Ontario you voted for the guy who blew 2.5 million dollars on a fake company to market a useless device to fight covid. :lol:

CPC is a Federal party, but yes, I do regret my Ford vote.

eyebrow737
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by eyebrow737 »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm
Canada is on the list of the top ten friendliest countries, topped by Portugal. The US doesn't make the list at all.
Doing a google search, on a top ten, will always give you different results. Its all very subjective to the author. As someone who lived in the US, I would rate the average american very high as friendly to a stranger. Most developing countries I find much higher than western countries. I would rank an average canadian about the same as someone from the UK. Very suspicious of strangers generally and quite the sullen lot. Once you head deep into la belle province things get downright hostile to a stranger.
notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pmhttps://worldpopulationreview.com/count ... -countries
most genuine
The nation that tells itself that it's the best country ever, while not providing the necessities for tens of millions of it's citizens. @#$!, the US doesn't even offer representation for many of the territories that it governs.
Again, all perspective. What's with all the homeless in canada? People begging everywhere. Why does the government need to provide the necessities? There is such a culture of handouts here, it is quite unbelievable. This pandemic has bought it out in force. Everyone sitting with their handout, asking what about me. Get of yer butt and go take care of yourself. America is one of the best countries in the world in providing that abilities
most welcoming
Yeah, sure.
Absolutely, As a foreigner here, I have not felt welcomed at all. Lived in the states for a number of years (not american) very very welcoming. And don't sit there and tell me that I feel welcomed. I hardly know an expat here who feels welcomed by the canadians.
most opportunity
You should read into socioeconomic mobility.

I'm too lazy to continue pointing out your poor choice of adjectives.
A thousand times more opportunity than here. You must experience to realise it.

I don't usually agree with altiplano. But he is spot on here. You should get out and travel around the states and meet the average person. They are wonderful people on the whole outside of the cities.

RedAndWhiteBaron
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by RedAndWhiteBaron »

eyebrow737 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:09 am As a foreigner here, I have not felt welcomed at all. Lived in the states for a number of years (not american) very very welcoming. And don't sit there and tell me that I feel welcomed. I hardly know an expat here who feels welcomed by the canadians.
I can't speak for everyone, but speaking for myself, you are welcome in my country.

I will dance the sky on laughter-silvered wings.
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

eyebrow737 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:09 am I don't usually agree with altiplano. But he is spot on here. You should get out and travel around the states and meet the average person. They are wonderful people on the whole outside of the cities.
I'm glad to see that you're coming around!

That's it though... we can disagree on things and still agree on others and have a good conversation about it all... that's getting lost I think and it turns to bashing and denigrating over bullshit and we end up in out tribes and cliques, surrounded by an echo chamber only telling us what we want to hear.

Anyway...

eyebrow737
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by eyebrow737 »

altiplano wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:33 am
eyebrow737 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:09 am I don't usually agree with altiplano. But he is spot on here. You should get out and travel around the states and meet the average person. They are wonderful people on the whole outside of the cities.
I'm glad to see that you're coming around!

That's it though... we can disagree on things and still agree on others and have a good conversation about it all... that's getting lost I think and it turns to bashing and denigrating over bullshit and we end up in out tribes and cliques, surrounded by an echo chamber only telling us what we want to hear.

Anyway...
Yes - totally agree. The internet is not the best conveyor of a healthy discussion. I have no doubt we would agree on 80% of things. It's funny how we live in a world where everyone focus's on the 20% they don't agree with.

eyebrow737
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by eyebrow737 »

RedAndWhiteBaron wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:18 am
eyebrow737 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:09 am As a foreigner here, I have not felt welcomed at all. Lived in the states for a number of years (not american) very very welcoming. And don't sit there and tell me that I feel welcomed. I hardly know an expat here who feels welcomed by the canadians.
I can't speak for everyone, but speaking for myself, you are welcome in my country.
Well - thank you. I don't take it personally. Every country has it's own personality. America are the extroverts and with some other countries it takes a bit longer to get know the people, but when you do, you are friends for life.

47north
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 47north »

altiplano wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:48 am

And this:

Give me a break.

I don't need to take shots at other countries to lift my own... that's what you did... trashing our greatest ally is a Canadian pastime and it's bullshit.
Go back a re-read this thread. No shots taken on my part. Take a break keyboard warrior.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

47north wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:02 am
altiplano wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:48 am

Go back a re-read this thread. No shots taken on my part. Take a break keyboard warrior.
"Couldn't pay me enough"

That's typically meant as a negative statement on something.

And I disagree and said so and why, do you have a problem with that? Do you think you post in a vacuum and not want replies or are you just wanting to hear from people that agree with you?

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

https://apple.news/ABxtOK3dyQzihkar9H8BjqA

“At least 150 people fatally shot in more than 400 shootings over the Fourth of July weekend”
Americans take personal freedom to the extreme such as the “right” to carry concealed weapons. WTF
. I don’t care what the airlines are paying, I’m not that materialistic or arrogant to give a shit about making as much money as I possibly can. My kids are well educated, safe and healthy here in Canada and that’s all that matters to me.
Sure I’ll go visit in the winter because the climate in the southern states is better than ours and I might even take a summer trip down there because they’ve got some really cool geography like the Grand Canyon. But live there? Never. I often wonder if the U.S.A. and Canada were geographically switched would anyone actually visit the USA? Not likely. Climate and geography are the only draws they have in my books. But to each their own.

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

altiplano wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:33 pm
Lt. Daniel Kaffee wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:12 pm What percentage of Jazz pilots were laid off?
What percentage of Air Transat pilots were laid off?
What percentage of Sunwing pilots were laid off?
What percentage of Porter pilots were laid off?
What percentage of Westjet pilots were laid off?
What percentage of Westjet Encore pilots were laid off?
Which one of those is a network legacy airline with 8 aircraft types and worldwide operations?

Which one of those didn't enroll their layoffs in CEWS?

Which one of those would you like to compare your contract to when it opens up?

None of the above... those aren't valid comparators.

I could hear the Mic hitting the floor from my house. Awesome.

Thought the Lt. would be out grabbing more overtime, not on this forum.

Typical ACPA MEC......always comparing us and our WACON to secondary, and third rate competitors. Guess you gotta justify what you do somehow.

Handover
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Handover »

RippleRock wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:54 pm Typical ACPA MEC......always comparing us and our WACON to secondary, and third rate competitors. Guess you gotta justify what you do somehow.
secondary and third rate competitors? your arrogance is oozing. Air Canada is nothing but a government department. It doesn't compete.

Hangry
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hangry »

Handover wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:45 am
RippleRock wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:54 pm Typical ACPA MEC......always comparing us and our WACON to secondary, and third rate competitors. Guess you gotta justify what you do somehow.
secondary and third rate competitors? your arrogance is oozing. Air Canada is nothing but a government department. It doesn't compete.
Tell me you don’t understand aviation without telling me you don’t understand aviation.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Hangry wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:01 am
Handover wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:45 am
Tell me you don’t understand aviation without telling me you don’t understand aviation.
Ooh, I got this one.

People who think that liking an airline other than Air Canada makes you uninformed.

Return to “Air Canada”