Happy Treason Day!

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

grimreaper70
Rank 1
Rank 1

Happy Treason Day!

Post by grimreaper70 »

July 4th - Happy Treason Day!!

That’s right, different frames permits different perceptions.

While Americans ousted the Red Coats of the British, Canada ultimately adopted the color. Perhaps foreshadowing the future of Canadian aviation.

Canadian pilots seem to be an apathetic group or more modernly called “Bieber Beliebers”.

Believe the rhetoric and don’t ask too many questions even if the actions seem questionable. If there was a no show after spending hundreds to watch one of our two national Justin treasures, the message would likely sound something to the effect of:

“Don’t anger him – we need to capture this concert”

I bet when Winston Churchill himself stated “never has so much been owed by so few” and marveled how airmen, many Canadian - were able to literally turn the tide of a war that 80 years later the appropriate quote would be “never had so much been taken by so few” as an elected B777 Captain flies his heart out while 600 former constituents are on the streets making zilch.

But – “it was training”

I don’t know what it is with this place and leverage. It is literally pissed away faster than a 6 pack of Lucky down a toilet on a Deer Lake layover. Excuse me - but the last time I checked one of our great leverage features of being a pilot is the training. We are a complicated lot in general let alone the added fact we can’t bump around between airplanes because well we can’t be Hugh Hefner at the Playboy mansion switching between the ladies every night and taking them to the heavens but admittedly we do seem pretty good at getting boned. I’m surprised there is any Vaseline left in the vicinity of Pearson.

Instead of a union leader holding the company to account for training, we got our very own Jolly Saint Nick flying his mighty triple 7 dropping leverage presents to his buddies who are supposed to be on the other side of a table instead of a bed.

Apparently the mattress isn’t as comfy at Team Teal as they performed ACPA Impossible – not selling the farm. The ACPA cows have been getting milked for so long it’s amazing that the nipples haven’t been completely sucked right off. ALPA was smart enough to avoid stepping on the bullshit and got 100% pay for flying the proverbial rubber dog shit out of Hamilton. ACPA wasn’t so lucky, they stepped right into it and splattered it all over the industry. Perhaps some of these actions will ignite some unity like it did to the 13 colonies in ‘Merica.

In celebration of that – happy 4th to the land of the south – hopefully you’re not too overwhelmed with all that flying to be done. If you are looking for some pilots who have been sitting at idle for well over a year, think of the land of the two great Justins. We don’t have much going on these days’ thanks in a large part to one of them.
---------- ADS -----------

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Happy Treason Day!

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

What's with the melodrama?

a220hereicome
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by a220hereicome »

Some people really like to hear themselves talk.

Montroyal
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Montroyal »

While some are Beliebers

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Happy birthday America! Greatest country in the world!

Freedoms and liberties, the very foundation of America, is one of, if not the most important values.

Here in Canadaland we have seen provincial borders closed, freedoms taken away… and really when you think about we live in an illusion of freedoms we never really even had. Try harder Canada! You will probably always be second best.

Every year our society gets eaten up by these vultures… no idea where they come from… you know the type of people who they other day when a Toronto police officer was killed say things like “@#$! the police”. All these movements or edgy, woke, leftist will eat this country to the rind and then they will eat each other.

Got bless America. Please give me a green card!

47north
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 47north »

[quote=montado post_id=1159113 time=1625418880 user_id=54503

[/quote]

Couldn’t pay me enough to live down there. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

47north
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 47north »

[quote=montado post_id=1159113 time=1625418880 user_id=54503

[/quote]

Couldn’t pay me enough to live down there.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Couldn't pay you enough to live in the richest, freest, most egalitarian, most opportunity, most successful country that has ever existed in history?

With some of the friendliest, most genuine, most welcoming, salt of the earth type people? And some of the most interesting and diverse cultures?

With some of the most varied and beautiful places in the world? And some of the most exciting and diverse cities?

The US is a great country, the excessive pride of Canadians who somehow look down their noses at America is deranged. Too much CBC maybe.

I take pride in where I'm from, but I really question the ideas and motivations of many of my countrymen. Cancel Canada Day? Make another apology? Lose another Security Council seat? Shut down more industries? Piss away our kids futures? Waffle on another decision? Vote for THESE Liberals again?

WTF... we're stumbling around in the dark. We once had a place as a respected middle power in the world, we were once admired around the world, now we're just lackey chumps that other countries keep their space from and roll their eyes at. Sorry Canadians is what we're known for...

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

Trudeau's identity/racism/division politics single handily destroyed this country's national pride and collectivism as a united people.

47north
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 47north »

altiplano wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:12 am Couldn't pay you enough to live in the richest, freest, most egalitarian, most opportunity, most successful country that has ever existed in history?

With some of the friendliest, most genuine, most welcoming, salt of the earth type people? And some of the most interesting and diverse cultures?

With some of the most varied and beautiful places in the world? And some of the most exciting and diverse cities?

The US is a great country, the excessive pride of Canadians who somehow look down their noses at America is deranged. Too much CBC maybe.

I take pride in where I'm from, but I really question the ideas and motivations of many of my countrymen. Cancel Canada Day? Make another apology? Lose another Security Council seat? Shut down more industries? Piss away our kids futures? Waffle on another decision? Vote for THESE Liberals again?

WTF... we're stumbling around in the dark. We once had a place as a respected middle power in the world, we were once admired around the world, now we're just lackey chumps that other countries keep their space from and roll their eyes at. Sorry Canadians is what we're known for...
If it’s so bad here please leave

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

It’s not bad in Canada at all. Just saying Canada is not number one, it’s a strong number two!

I just think the American constitution beats Canada charter. My values are more in line with Americans.

But Canada is not a bad place to be at all. I love this place too!

47north
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 47north »

montado wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:47 am It’s not bad in Canada at all. Just saying Canada is not number one, it’s a strong number two!

I just think the American constitution beats Canada charter. My values are more in line with Americans.

But Canada is not a bad place to be at all. I love this place too!
Agreed

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

47north wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:30 am
altiplano wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:12 am Couldn't pay you enough to live in the richest, freest, most egalitarian, most opportunity, most successful country that has ever existed in history?

If it’s so bad here please leave
Canada isn't the problem, it's people like you. Do you think trashing on America makes you better, does that make you superior somehow?

And this:

"If you don't like it leave."
"If you think it's so bad quit."

Give me a break.

How about let's get it back to where it should be. Let's improve the nation instead of feeling sorry.

Lt. Daniel Kaffee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Lt. Daniel Kaffee »

July 4th - Happy Treason Day!!
600 furloughed out of 4200...14 or 15%

What percentage of Jazz pilots were laid off?
What percentage of Air Transat pilots were laid off?
What percentage of Sunwing pilots were laid off?
What percentage of Porter pilots were laid off?
What percentage of Westjet pilots were laid off?
What percentage of Westjet Encore pilots were laid off?

Maybe stop hitting your head against the wall and realize how good most AC pilots have had it. Senior management have stated that had they known how long Covid was going to last they would have furloughed 3000 pilots.

Does it suck to be furloughed...it sure does. But the epidemic has nothing to do with AC or ACPA.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Lt. Daniel Kaffee wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:12 pm What percentage of Jazz pilots were laid off?
What percentage of Air Transat pilots were laid off?
What percentage of Sunwing pilots were laid off?
What percentage of Porter pilots were laid off?
What percentage of Westjet pilots were laid off?
What percentage of Westjet Encore pilots were laid off?
Which one of those is a network legacy airline with 8 aircraft types and worldwide operations?

Which one of those didn't enroll their layoffs in CEWS?

Which one of those would you like to compare your contract to when it opens up?

None of the above... those aren't valid comparators.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

What have you been smoking, and do you have more?

Here are the claims you made about the US and why you're wrong.
friendliest
Canada is on the list of the top ten friendliest countries, topped by Portugal. The US doesn't make the list at all.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/count ... -countries
most genuine
The nation that tells itself that it's the best country ever, while not providing the necessities for tens of millions of it's citizens. @#$!, the US doesn't even offer representation for many of the territories that it governs.
most welcoming
Yeah, sure.
most opportunity
You should read into socioeconomic mobility.

I'm too lazy to continue pointing out your poor choice of adjectives.

alkaseltzer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alkaseltzer »

Notwhoyouthinkiam, can you get out of the big red sandbox?

Stick to the toddler sandbox.

You sound like an annoying chihuahua.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

alkaseltzer wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:40 pm Notwhoyouthinkiam, can you get out of the big red sandbox?

Stick to the toddler sandbox.

You sound like an annoying chihuahua.
Thank you for your condescending reply.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

What have you been smoking, and do you have more?

Here are the claims you made about the US and why you're wrong.
friendliest
Canada is on the list of the top ten friendliest countries, topped by Portugal. The US doesn't make the list at all.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/count ... -countries
most genuine
The nation that tells itself that it's the best country ever, while not providing the necessities for tens of millions of it's citizens. @#$!, the US doesn't even offer representation for many of the territories that it governs.
most welcoming
Yeah, sure.
most opportunity
You should read into socioeconomic mobility.

I'm too lazy to continue pointing out your poor choice of adjectives.

Americans are friendly and generous people... from Seattle to Detroit to LA to Honolulu to small town Western NY/Montana/Oregon... you can sit in a local pub and meet some interesting, generous people. I love going to small US pubs, without fail I meet very friendly people and have a great time.

You can cherry pick all the internet articles you want, the US is the most successful country in history that has had the highest access to opportunity of anywhere, ever. Nothing is perfect, but they clearly are the world leaders.

Kejidog
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Kejidog »

So true. America celebrates Independence Day. What do we have DOMINION Day. As in the idiots in charge of the country have dominion over us serfs. Meanwhile children whine and go on about America being so evil, capitalist etc. All the while aping their culture, and economic progress. We consume more America in our music and tv watching yet we feel oh so superior. Maybe it’s all the woke bullshit like Margaret Atwood that gets jammed down our throats. We have unelected judges making laws and unelected so called “Health officials” taking away rights like freedom of movement and assembly. But like stupid sheep we just go along. Keep us safe Justine and Soapie! (Or whoever his new beard is)

Show me a so called Canadian patriot and I’ll see them for the jealous neighbour who covets everything the US owns or accomplishes.

This country will be ashes in ten years with all the bullshit reverse racism and stupid balcanization that is happening with all the so called special interests groups claiming extra equalness.

But hey. We won a hockey game in 1972. We’re great!!!! Both my kids are going to be attending university offshore and I hope they never have to work to support this declining welfare state with their hard earned incomes

Return to “Air Canada”