Retirees Lose Decision re C2 and B1 Passes

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Raymond Hall
Rank 7
Rank 7

Retirees Lose Decision re C2 and B1 Passes

Post by Raymond Hall »

The group that was soliciting donations in order to file an action in court against Air Canada's issuance of B1 passes to select groups of active employees failed to persuade the court of the merit in its argument.
2021 QCCS 3119 Davies v. Air Canada.pdf
(544.01 KiB) Downloaded 479 times
https://www.canlii.org/en/qc/qccs/doc/2 ... cs3119.pdf
---------- ADS -----------

acpaleaks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Retirees Lose Decision re C2 and B1 Passes

Post by acpaleaks »

Good.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

tl;dr: Mrs. Davis wants to travel where she wants, when she wants, without paying a cent.

She feels that because newer employees also have these benefits and that there are other employees with a higher priority status, that she can no longer travel easily.

Retirement must be boring for Mrs. Davis.

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

Jesus that was so cringe worthy. How entitled can you get. I would like to start a petition on a 10 year limit on passes after retirement. Starting with Mrs Davis.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Retired employees travelling on a C2 have got all the time in the world. My parents retired several years ago from AC, and only occasionally use their passes on routes that are low demand, and even then they spend the week before checking loads like stock market ticker tapes. Any other time going to a destination with fixed times, they just buy a ticket (not always on AC).

Let me extend an olive branch, Mrs. Davies has worked almost 30 years, would like to take advantage of retirement and crush the travel game. I get it, you put in the time, you're entitled to the reward.

But for Mrs. Davies, she's got a massive 29 year pension. If the C2 ain't cutting it going to Miami in March, use your discount and buy a damn ticket. Leave the B1s for the guys trying to get home to make their sched. Most of the guys won't have the excess that was the former DB pension program.

For all the juniors and mids, this was a win for you. Enjoy those Bs.

acpaleaks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by acpaleaks »

RRJetPilot wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:34 am Jesus that was so cringe worthy. How entitled can you get. I would like to start a petition on a 10 year limit on passes after retirement. Starting with Mrs Davis.
I'd like to start a petition that all pilots get B2s for regular passes so we're not fighting against an FA that was hired at 20 for priority. Most pilots are hired in their 30s or later and for someone the same age as us they might have 10-15+ of pass seniority! How is that fair....

Add the rediculous amount of C1 passes the FAs get and our C2s quickly become pretty useless.

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

acpaleaks wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:51 am
RRJetPilot wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:34 am Jesus that was so cringe worthy. How entitled can you get. I would like to start a petition on a 10 year limit on passes after retirement. Starting with Mrs Davis.
I'd like to start a petition that all pilots get B2s for regular passes so we're not fighting against an FA that was hired at 20 for priority. Most pilots are hired in their 30s or later and for someone the same age as us they might have 10-15+ of pass seniority! How is that fair....

Add the rediculous amount of C1 passes the FAs get and our C2s quickly become pretty useless.
What are you talking about? We are all equal aren’t we? #metoo #entitled
And shouldn’t the SDs make more than the FOs? Definitely the RPs! They have so much more responsibility taking care of the cabin snacks.

Everyone in the company should get the same wage and passes. Retired as well!

:S
:rolleyes:

acpaleaks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by acpaleaks »

RRJetPilot wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:30 pm
acpaleaks wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:51 am

And shouldn’t the SDs make more than the FOs? Definitely the RPs! They have so much more responsibility taking care of the cabin snacks.

Last time I checked FAs don't need to go work up north for 5 years then another 5 at Jazz before AC will even interview let alone hire them. (I know you're being sarcastic)

Monkey_in_a_suit
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Monkey_in_a_suit »

acpaleaks wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:46 pm
acpaleaks wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:51 am I'd like to start a petition that all pilots get B2s for regular passes so we're not fighting against an FA that was hired at 20 for priority. Most pilots are hired in their 30s or later and for someone the same age as us they might have 10-15+ of pass seniority! How is that fair....

Last time I checked FAs don't need to go work up north for 5 years then another 5 at Jazz before AC will even interview let alone hire them. (I know you're being sarcastic)
It's not every other employee group's problem you had to work up north before AC. Maybe you should have become a flight attendant if you wanted passes at 20. Grow up, you sound like an entitled piece of shit. Maybe AC should just give you Super Elite status along with airside service and not even worry about passes.

acpaleaks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by acpaleaks »

Monkey_in_a_suit wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:10 pm
acpaleaks wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:46 pm

It's not every other employee group's problem you had to work up north before AC. Maybe you should have become a flight attendant if you wanted passes at 20. Grow up, you sound like an entitled piece of shit. Maybe AC should just give you Super Elite status along with airside service and not even worry about passes.
🙄

Stu Pidasso
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Stu Pidasso »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Monkey in a Suit - I trust you enjoy B1 passes, since it is my understanding that all the "Office Monkeys" get B1 passes? Along with just about all non-Union secretaries (pretend Management.)

Savage Poetry
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Savage Poetry »

Retired in 1991, FFS lady go enjoy what little time you have left and stop tying your panties in a knot.
I will bet next month's ACPA pay advance that she was an FA.

notwhoyouthinkIam
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by notwhoyouthinkIam »

Savage Poetry wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:23 am Retired in 1991, FFS lady go enjoy what little time you have left and stop tying your panties in a knot.
How many pilots at Jazz and AC were born after 1991?

Flyingbro
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Flyingbro »

notwhoyouthinkIam wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:35 am
Savage Poetry wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:23 am Retired in 1991, FFS lady go enjoy what little time you have left and stop tying your panties in a knot.
At this point I'd say 50% of Jazz and maybe 10 people at AC (once the 600 are back it might be 11 or 12) but I agree with the B2 passes for pilots I'd sign that petition

Savage Poetry
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Savage Poetry »

At Jazz 50 % sounds about right, at AC : probably about 100 out of 4200 pilots. (600 furloughed included)

acpaleaks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by acpaleaks »

Flyingbro wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:24 am
At this point I'd say 50% of Jazz and maybe 10 people at AC (once the 600 are back it might be 11 or 12) but I agree with the B2 passes for pilots I'd sign that petition
Ten people? Nah. There's probably a hundred. I can count already at least 15 that I personally know who are 30 or younger.

Flyingbro
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Flyingbro »

Savage Poetry wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:00 am
At Jazz 50 % sounds about right, at AC : probably about 100 out of 4200 pilots. (600 furloughed included)
My AC Stat was just a joke but I'd be interested to see the number of 1990's and maybe soon 2000's kids (Damn I feel old and I'm in the 90"s)

acpaleaks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by acpaleaks »

Flyingbro wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:00 am
Savage Poetry wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:00 am

My AC Stat was just a joke but I'd be interested to see the number of 1990's and maybe soon 2000's kids (Damn I feel old and I'm in the 90"s)
There's adults now who weren't even alive for 9/11... Or Y2K... The first "mass panic" experiment.

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

Flyingbro wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:24 am
Are you kidding? We pilots stand up for nothing. A petition would go as far as you can throw a piece of paper.

The outrage from the FA group would be ferocious. Are you prepared for that? Not likely.

We cave on everything, and we're scared of our own shadow. But we all know that "passes" are perks right? We can demand or petition nothing. The Company won't stand for the "bad blood" it would create.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Active employees ahead of retirees should be the policy. Just like other large airlines. IMO there is no scenario, beyond a retirement POS pass that someone that doesn't presently work at the company should go ahead of someone that does.

That said, agent nepotism had F-d a lot up for all pass travellers. That culture needs a change.

Return to “Air Canada”