Project Reroute

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

acpaleaks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Project Reroute

Post by acpaleaks »

:rolleyes:
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by acpaleaks on Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
200Above
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Project Reroute

Post by 200Above »

I don't condone the screenshotting of messages. It's cheesy, but whatever.

I do feel a huge disconnect between how ACPA thinks we feel, and how we ACTUALLY feel.

I'll use the rest of my 30 years with AC (gawd I hope it's less) to vote appropriately. I won't forget.

It's a hopeless feeling, but at this point, that's all I/we can do. We're third class citizens. It sucks.

acpaleaks
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by acpaleaks »

I was contemplating whether or not to post it, I know it's a bit out of pocket. Whatever.

But I think more people need to be aware of what it seems Reroute is becoming.......... long arm of ACPA? Shutting down all member communication is right out of the ACPA playbook.

I find it odd that RG is saying ACPA will float them money for "events" and to help engagement when they already have the ability to do that themselves through Member Services.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me.

Brothers: I want you back here tout suite. My behaviour supports that, my actions support that. That's all I can do or say as a line guy. I tell everyone I fly with.

"Murray" and "Mike" and their minions? That's all just placating bullshit. Consider motives and imagine what theirs truly are.

Keep in real...

skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by skypirate88 »

MM wouldn't have looked so bad if he had actually taken some time to prepare for the call, but he couldn't even be bothered to show up on time.

Now, instead of using it as a learning experience for acpa they have pressured the group to basically shut down. Stifle debate, censure dissenting opinion, it's all right out of the acpa playbook.

Our 600 furloughs are going to be a very powerful voting block when they are recalled. I hope they all remember how they have been treated by acpa and the company.

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
Rooster69
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rooster69 »

Thanks for that Leaks.

Some might not like the leak, but the only way to get the truth out is to.......leak it.

Two thumbs up

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

Lol the guy who organized this reroute bullshit ran for the union after being with AC for 6 months. His campaign literature was hilarious. :roll:

scabbydoo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by scabbydoo »

RRJetPilot wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:07 pm Lol the guy who organized this reroute bullshit ran for the union after being with AC for 6 months. His campaign literature was hilarious. :roll:
Jesus...you're brutal dude. H.E. and the gang are the only ones who have VOLUNTEERED their time to try and bridge the utter disconnect created by the company and our union for the 600 of us. If not for them, we'd still be in the dark about recall triggers, and prejected dates...because ACPA and management have made ZERO effort, and would still have made nil effort if not for the ReRoute guys.

scabbydoo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by scabbydoo »

RRJetPilot wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:07 pm Lol the guy who organized this reroute bullshit ran for the union after being with AC for 6 months. His campaign literature was hilarious. :roll:
Jesus...you're brutal dude. H.E. and the gang are the only ones who have VOLUNTEERED their time to try and bridge the utter disconnect created by the company and our union for the 600 of us. If not for them, we'd still be in the dark about recall triggers, and projected dates...because ACPA and management have made ZERO effort, and would still have made nil effort if not for the ReRoute guys.

grimreaper70
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by grimreaper70 »

Project Reroute has been rerouted

The brainchild of a well-intentioned member quickly got infiltrated with the likes of people who recognized what they were dealing with: that paying & treating 600 members like little literal shit is more explosive that than the foul smelling gas that leaks from ACPA HQ after a night of membership dues paid steak & draft beers. Better get that fire containment bag out from above Seat 2A and smother any thoughts that something better is out there. “Backup to the ACPA Flightdeck App, Backup to the ACPA Flightdeck App”. Sorry ACPA – no app is saving anyone from the dumpster fire that is blazing out back. Good news is we can offer to save the company some money now on 406 beacons as the app apparently does a great job tracking pilot’s locations.

Talking in Star Wars talk – it appears the Empire has striked back. Only difference is this Empire apparently doesn’t pay anything as we are dealing with furloughs. I guess “promise” notes of employment was enough and the gatekeepers closed the gates in true ACPA fashion. Free speech is to be avoided at all costs and dissident from the usual narratives to be shutdown faster than a WE investigation. This is Canada after all, we are a profoundly confused culture. Immensely proud yet consistently putting down our neighbors to the south like we are compensating for something. In aviation it would be contract comparisons and those are to be viewed as forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden. Pretty sure I’ve seen clouds darken overhead as an unaware pilot inquired about the pay of 2nd year FO at United. Be warned – if you’re on the ramp during refueling, you definitely do not want to be viewing airlinepilotcentral.com. It is an accident waiting to happen and what’s left of the flight safety division will have a situation on their hands.

The mission of Reroute was simple – to connect with our fellow aviators. I mean this is as elementary as an Edmonton turn. Surely pilots got this one. But no – just like anything this pilot group gets entangled with – it become messier than the lavs over Winnipeg after coffee is served on a 6am YYZ-YVR. The great leader of ACPA couldn’t even login into a webinar until 40 minute after it started. I guess he follows the mantra “those who plan early, plan often” and didn’t feel the need to prepare his equipment for speaking to hundreds of his colleagues. Of course this blame was relegated to the poor ReRoute group who in Canadian aviation speak are still whipping boy class.

This whole fiasco is truly a metaphor to this pilot group. Why is it that the theatrical play “The Great Shit Show” played out over & over again? Is it the confusing line of company & union? When a company is able to produce a decent steak while the union produces left over no name Hot Dogs – what are you having for lunch? The ACPA concession stand hands out free French fries at an alarming rate. I mean this place has so many Blurred Lines – it would confuse even the likes of Robin Thicke – except he is surrounded with true beauties while ACPA members are surrounded by VO heavy wieners.

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

scabbydoo wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:58 pm H.E. and the gang are the only ones who have VOLUNTEERED their time to try and bridge the utter disconnect created by the company and our union for the 600 of us. If not for them, we'd still be in the dark about recall triggers, and projected dates...because ACPA and management have made ZERO effort, and would still have made nil effort if not for the ReRoute guys.
Kudos to the effort reroute made for the furloughs. I agree.

The problem is ACPA was never going to be involved without control over the narrative.

Any kind of dissent gets quashed. You play by “ their version of whatever narrative they want”. Period.

In order for Reroute to serve its purpose it needs to stay Apolitical. There are other groups for the political side.

ACPA’s defensive behaviour has been increasing ever since P4C was created. It doesn’t surprise me at all.

Last edited by Fanblade on Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

grimreaper70 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:16 am Project Reroute has been rerouted

The brainchild of a well-intentioned member quickly got infiltrated with the likes of people who recognized what they were dealing with: that paying & treating 600 members like little literal shit is more explosive that than the foul smelling gas that leaks from ACPA HQ after a night of membership dues paid steak & draft beers. Better get that fire containment bag out from above Seat 2A and smother any thoughts that something better is out there. “Backup to the ACPA Flightdeck App, Backup to the ACPA Flightdeck App”. Sorry ACPA – no app is saving anyone from the dumpster fire that is blazing out back. Good news is we can offer to save the company some money now on 406 beacons as the app apparently does a great job tracking pilot’s locations.

Talking in Star Wars talk – it appears the Empire has striked back. Only difference is this Empire apparently doesn’t pay anything as we are dealing with furloughs. I guess “promise” notes of employment was enough and the gatekeepers closed the gates in true ACPA fashion. Free speech is to be avoided at all costs and dissident from the usual narratives to be shutdown faster than a WE investigation. This is Canada after all, we are a profoundly confused culture. Immensely proud yet consistently putting down our neighbors to the south like we are compensating for something. In aviation it would be contract comparisons and those are to be viewed as forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden. Pretty sure I’ve seen clouds darken overhead as an unaware pilot inquired about the pay of 2nd year FO at United. Be warned – if you’re on the ramp during refueling, you definitely do not want to be viewing airlinepilotcentral.com. It is an accident waiting to happen and what’s left of the flight safety division will have a situation on their hands.

The mission of Reroute was simple – to connect with our fellow aviators. I mean this is as elementary as an Edmonton turn. Surely pilots got this one. But no – just like anything this pilot group gets entangled with – it become messier than the lavs over Winnipeg after coffee is served on a 6am YYZ-YVR. The great leader of ACPA couldn’t even login into a webinar until 40 minute after it started. I guess he follows the mantra “those who plan early, plan often” and didn’t feel the need to prepare his equipment for speaking to hundreds of his colleagues. Of course this blame was relegated to the poor ReRoute group who in Canadian aviation speak are still whipping boy class.

This whole fiasco is truly a metaphor to this pilot group. Why is it that the theatrical play “The Great Shit Show” played out over & over again? Is it the confusing line of company & union? When a company is able to produce a decent steak while the union produces left over no name Hot Dogs – what are you having for lunch? The ACPA concession stand hands out free French fries at an alarming rate. I mean this place has so many Blurred Lines – it would confuse even the likes of Robin Thicke – except he is surrounded with true beauties while ACPA members are surrounded by VO heavy wieners.
You’re in the wrong profession. I really like reading your stuff.

Return to “Air Canada”