Take the vaccine, or lose your job - WTF?

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Take the vaccine, or lose your job - WTF?

Post by '97 Tercel »

---------- ADS -----------

ikarus
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ikarus »

Ah yes, the star and cbc...

It is very hard to convince Canadians who relied on government for so long to take care of them, that maybe that same government and media are lying to them. Follow the money.

https://youtu.be/US-nSQIDtb4

"It's ok when we do it"

furloughedAC
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by furloughedAC »

Why do people keep trying to enlighten the other side. Extremely different view of the world, different facts.

The covid is fake/overblown crowd wouldn't flinch if cases and deaths went up 10x.

The covid is real and scary crowd will still think those who choose not to get vaxxed are still douche bags even if you explain how the deep state is re-programming society one civil liberty at a time.

20 pages and not one converted yet lol. Then again I can't really talk as I check in on here once a week for the entertainment, so keep up the good work!

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

TG wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:41 pm
Inverted2 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:11 pm
montado wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:52 pm Yeah but is anyone here following those rules? I see everyone out back to normal. Things look basically normal except for masks. I don’t even know what Ontario’s “rules” are for gathering, nor do I give a shit. When thanksgiving comes my whole family of 50 will be getting together, with no masks. No one is really listening to this anymore are they?
No, I’m the same. I’ve visited whoever and whenever I want pretty much since the start of this scam and no one close to me or myself got sick. I will continue to do so in the future no matter what new rules they come up with. And the only mask I’ve worn around family was when I was helping my dad remove some old insulation. 8)
Inverter2:
You sound exactly like a fraking drunk driver who doesn't give a blind sh!t because nothing will ever happen to him, and no matter the rules there will always be some! There will always be reckless people who feels they are above it all. Your type is the one holding up everything for f@ck sake, you just don't realize it.

Nothing new, you would be part of the crowd putting scientists on pyres in the Middle age for not believing in them!

There! I said it, feeling better already! :goodman:
Whatever helps you sleep at night. You can cower in fear and watch the CBC and “Dr” Tam spew Covid fear for the next 5 years while the rest of us get on with life. Just remember: 2 weeks to flatten the curve. We’re all in this together. :mrgreen:

Let’s Go Brandon
ikarus
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ikarus »

furloughedAC wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:41 am Why do people keep trying to enlighten the other side. Extremely different view of the world, different facts.

The covid is fake/overblown crowd wouldn't flinch if cases and deaths went up 10x.

The covid is real and scary crowd will still think those who choose not to get vaxxed are still douche bags even if you explain how the deep state is re-programming society one civil liberty at a time.

20 pages and not one converted yet lol. Then again I can't really talk as I check in on here once a week for the entertainment, so keep up the good work!
Very good point! Lol

I am not trying to converter anyone though, just asking those who belong to Church of Covid, to back off in a polite way, as you are becoming hostile towards a group of people who are healthy and chose not to be part of the experiment. Last year we were all running around without a vaccine, we all set next to each other in the flight deck. As of late 2020, vax was rolling out and we were all given a choice, they said 2 shots will give you immunity and protection, and it was optional! Now only 9 months later, the witch hunt has begun on those who chose not to join tne party. But now the government and media are attacking directly my family as they are taking a job away that feeds my children. And suddenly your vaccine is not good anymore unless we all take it, even our pets will get forced soon.

So, again, in a polite way, PFO!

furloughedAC
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by furloughedAC »

I think it's near war time measures. It's often hard to know if it's required/justified in the moment. The draft for the Vietnam war was extremely polarizing. Forty years later we've learned the hippies were right lol. Any one questioning the choice to invade Iraq was deemed unpatriotic. Things change over time. In forty years young people will probably either ask how we could have ignored scientist's warnings for decades and been such horrible stewards of our planet or they will wonder how we could have been so foolish to have wasted so much time and money on an issue that was obviously going to be solved by technology. It's always simpler in hindsight.

Will be interesting to see how we look back on Covid a couple decades from now. I know government propaganda goes back a long way but with modern technology we've seen it in real time with our own eyes. It's not taking place on a far away land. Most of us know health care workers and have heard first hand accounts.

All I know is people are far too fast to celebrate being right. O'Toole was praising Alberta a couple weeks ago and thought he'd be closing his election run promising to emulate them for leading the way. A couple weeks later and he was basically pretending he'd never heard of Kenney or Alberta.

Trudeau pulled the same flaunting how well our vaccination program was going, assuming we were basically in the clear at the rate we were going.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

FL320 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:58 pmI personally don’t endorse that kind of mentality + the Trudeau re-election…after 23 years here I am leaving :shock:
Good bye.

'97 Tercel wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:42 pm ICU's are full every bad flu year.

*yawn

Next scare tactic...
You are looking at a single point in a multi-point argument. Hospitals cannot take on important procedures (non-immediately urgent procedures like cancer treatments) because they're too busy shoving tubes down people's throats. Do a Google search on the issue.. it's well documented.

737Maximilian
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 737Maximilian »

Clearly there are some users on here who're incapable of making the reasonable decision, despite the overwhelming evidence available.

The bottom line: as of October 31st, any AC or AC Express pilot not double-vaccinated will not be welcome to continue working at the company.

Stay safe!

palebird
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by palebird »

Overwhelming evidence of what exactly? People who think they have a handle on the situation really put a grin on my face. Have you seen the latest MSM reports out of the most populated province in India? Have you ever been to that continent? If you have you would know very well that there, in all practicality, cannot be any contact tracing, social distancing or any of these silly procedures. And Covid has been beat thoroughly. By Ivermectin. Yes that nasty horse medicine. Go figure. You argue that this is not India!! I beg your pardon, pretty darn close.

737Maximilian
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 737Maximilian »

Evidence that vaccines work, in that that they're both safe and effective.

Why push Ivernmectin when there are literally no clinical trials to prove its effectiveness? Here in Canada and the US, we already have a readily available solution, and that's to get vaccinated.

Come on guys, this isn't rocket science here.

ikarus
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ikarus »

What you people don't get is that I really don't care if you are pro vaccine or not, if you use ivermectin or hydroclorcin or herbs or weed or whatever you want... But stop mandating shit that affects my families lives. If I'm healthy and your vaxxed, you have nothing to worry about. If I'm not feeling well, I will book off and you're still safe. It's that simple.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

ikarus wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:41 pm What you people don't get is that I really don't care if you are pro vaccine or not, if you use ivermectin or hydroclorcin or herbs or weed or whatever you want... But stop mandating shit that affects my families lives. If I'm healthy and your vaxxed, you have nothing to worry about. If I'm not feeling well, I will book off and you're still safe. It's that simple.
If unvaccinated, you won’t be at work after Oct 31.

Thankfully, this is non-negotiable.

ikarus
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ikarus »

Thankfully for you maybe. I am glad Rudder you are a big union person, you know, solidarity, pilot assistance, standing together... You know the mantra. Except in this case you and others are happily throwing your colleague under the bus. Some airlines are providing testing as an option but not here in Canada. Thanks for standing up.

loudmouth
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by loudmouth »

rudder wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:47 pm
ikarus wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:41 pm What you people don't get is that I really don't care if you are pro vaccine or not, if you use ivermectin or hydroclorcin or herbs or weed or whatever you want... But stop mandating shit that affects my families lives. If I'm healthy and your vaxxed, you have nothing to worry about. If I'm not feeling well, I will book off and you're still safe. It's that simple.

Looking forward to my seniority number going up.

I have no time for anti-vaxers anymore. The reason this pandemic is still going strong, the industry is slow and 600 of our pilots are waiting to return to work is because people are refusing to get vaccinated.

If you REALLY don't want to get it, that is your right and you should be protected as such. But you will end up on an LOA and may never return to work. That must be a risk you are willing to take. If you're waiting for a different vaccine such as Novavax, then fine. But I'm getting pretty tired of all this ivermectin talk etc.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

ikarus wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:00 pm Thankfully for you maybe. I am glad Rudder you are a big union person, you know, solidarity, pilot assistance, standing together... You know the mantra. Except in this case you and others are happily throwing your colleague under the bus. Some airlines are providing testing as an option but not here in Canada. Thanks for standing up.
As I have said previously, I am not taking a position.

I am simply pointing out a fact based on the employers latest communications on vaccination status.

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

rudder wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:47 pm

Just like to point out, you did take a position on this.

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

ikarus wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:00 pm Thankfully for you maybe. I am glad Rudder you are a big union person, you know, solidarity, pilot assistance, standing together... You know the mantra. Except in this case you and others are happily throwing your colleague under the bus. Some airlines are providing testing as an option but not here in Canada. Thanks for standing up.
You jumped under that bus on your own.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Tough crowd. So what are your opinions on fat people clogging the ER after eating McDonald’s one too many times and having a heart attack, or smokers filling the cancer wards, or gay people requiring HIV treatment?

Ironically you now have to show a vaccine passport to show you’re safe to eat garbage at a fast food restaurant, but you can still go to a crowded grocery store or Costco. Complete clown world.

Let’s Go Brandon
loudmouth
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by loudmouth »

Ironically, at least in BC you don't need to show anything at fast food joints. I've only been carded at restaurants and the theatre so far. Been in and out of plenty of fast food over the last while and not once been asked. Including sitting in.

ALPApolicy
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ALPApolicy »

Inverted2 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:53 pm Tough crowd. So what are your opinions on fat people clogging the ER after eating McDonald’s one too many times and having a heart attack, or smokers filling the cancer wards, or gay people requiring HIV treatment?

Ironically you now have to show a vaccine passport to show you’re safe to eat garbage at a fast food restaurant, but you can still go to a crowded grocery store or Costco. Complete clown world.
Did any countries close their borders to fat people or smokers? I don't think gay men are welcome in Afghanistan or a few other stone-age countries, but apart from that, gay men are fine to travel (and like to).

Return to “Air Canada”