Back to the Future

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

grimreaper70
Rank 1
Rank 1

Back to the Future

Post by grimreaper70 »

Back to the Future

It appears the ghosts of ACPA past found some plutonium this week, fired up the DeLorean and came raging back with a blast from the past and re entered the circus ring of the officially unofficial a.c.pilot forum. No word yet on who runs the joint - apparently no one cares. Suppose it's like the Landing Strip peeler bar every pilot seems to at one point to end up at, no one seems too worried that it is owned by the Hells Angels during the backstage "tour". 

Happy endings aside, Doc may have said it best:

“The way I see it, if you’re gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style..."

And the way I see it, if you're gonna come back from the past as the recently disgraced Chair, why not do it with some style...

And style it was, but instead of a DeLorean, the forum got a dump truck that literally dumped shit all over the membership.  It was evident the former chair thought his best strategy going forward was to go "Scott Pilgrim vs the world"

Only problem is that that movie features an awkward young guy while here we have an awkward old guy that doesn't see the problem with burning bridges faster than  Brittney Spears losing her hair during a meltdown.  No conservatorship is going to save this guy from being the most bid pilot to "avoid to fly with" since John Travolta thought scientology seemed like a good idea.

The elephant in the room is why the former MEC Chair chose now to make his come back tour.  I mean even the "King of Pop" who shares the same first name, chose his timing with purpose even as he did too appear to go "Wacko Jacko". 

With an election closing in a few days, it appears he came to the rescue of the architect of the popular reserve system "best fit" which is being better being known now as "best fist".  This rocket engineer has decided he needs even more hats to wear and thus is offering even more services to the electorate.  Apparently we can vote him in but we can't vote him out.

It has created for an interesting read as missiles are literally flying around more than the Korean peninsula.  No pilot is safe: senior, junior, frequent poster, & former pals.  Should prob check the NOTAMs before even thinking about lobbing a simple question about the lotto numbers as you may find a McMissile raining on you with insults & accusations.

It has been a sad time on ACPA Island but we should all be optimistic as like Marty McFly - we will drive by the clock tower on October 14th, the votes will come on down and we capture 1.21 gigawatts and head Back to the Future. 
---------- ADS -----------

RegionalPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Back to the Future

Post by RegionalPilot »

Oh man… You guys must be a delight to fly with…

Can we stop spamming this forum about all the ACPA bullsh!t? We heard you and we understand your point. Now move on.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

RegionalPilot wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:16 pm Oh man… You guys must be a delight to fly with…

Can we stop spamming this forum about all the ACPA bullsh!t? We heard you and we understand your point. Now move on.
I mean, yes, it's very repetitive, but it's nice to be constantly reminded that my union cares about it's members.

Frig, one of my COVID jobs had me join Teamsters and it showed me how bad a union can really be. I was terminated after filing a greivence for not being paid when called in (as per federal law) and I was promptly terminated. The union basically said, "sucks to be you."

Montroyal
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Montroyal »

RegionalPilot wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:16 pm Oh man… You guys must be a delight to fly with…

While some pilot is wordsmithing, some other pilot is getting pissy

Pilots, a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get

Rooster69
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rooster69 »

Mind you, he is ‘spamming’ the Air Canada forum with Air Canada stuff, so what is the beef?

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

This is under he AC sub, don't like it, don't read it.

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

Frankly I enjoy the read.

It’s kind of like this hour has 22 minutes in ACPA land.

dumpsterfire
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dumpsterfire »

Keep telling the story of the dumpster fire until the fire is out...for good

NotDirty!
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by NotDirty! »

dumpsterfire wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:12 pm Keep telling the story of the dumpster fire until the fire is out...for good
That may take some time!

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

Hopefully tomorrow when the vote closes there are three more fire extinguishers on it.

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

What were the election results?

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

It doesn't matter. They will either go NORDO, or get chewed up and spat out.

ACPA is a "black hole" that consumes the good intentioned that advocate for open communication, accountability and Membership rights.

Happens every single time. Why would this time be different?

asleep_at_the_yoke
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by asleep_at_the_yoke »

hithere wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:11 am What were the election results?
Overwhelming support for the new movement. The vote wasn't even close. YVR voted in all new reps as well, all supported by the P4C group. All three NEM candidates won and did so with authority, with the 4th place coming in with half the votes as all three winners.

The incumbent PBSC Chair/Negots Vice-Chair who came up with the terrible best fit came dead last. It was fun to see.

Mr. North
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Mr. North »

Because the folks who were elected this time around aren't a bunch of super senior self-serving boomers. The demographic shift at AC is underway.

asleep_at_the_yoke
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by asleep_at_the_yoke »

Here's hoping the trend continues with whoever the new MEC Chair is.

Return to “Air Canada”