Reserved seniority numbers at Air Canada

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Lost in Saigon
Rank 8
Rank 8

Reserved seniority numbers at Air Canada

Post by Lost in Saigon »

I just had a look at the Jan 2007 seniority list and counted 49 JAZZ pilots holding reserved numbers at Air Canada. I didn't realize there was so many.
---------- ADS -----------

JazzJetDriver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by JazzJetDriver »

"I didn't realize there was so many."

Depends which side of the fence you're on, I would have said that there should be a lot more.

Sage
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Sage »

I was told a few weeks ago by Jazz management that there were 45 ahead of me awaiting release to AC. Who knows how many behind me now.

Last edited by Sage on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Nice you get to hold seniority at 2 companies at the same time!!

Stinky
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Stinky »

Nice you get to hold seniority at 2 companies at the same time!!
I can't imagine any of them are too thrilled about the situation. It's a small consolation.

Glen Quagmire
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Glen Quagmire »

What will happen if AC has filled all of their openings by late this year/early next year while there will still be many Jazz guys with ACPA seniority numbers frozen at Jazz. Would they all slide over in the last few classes before the official thaw date or would they remain at Jazz until more hiring takes place which may not be until after 09 if at all? Just curious what might happen if this scenario unfolds, or is it a non issue with all the retirements.

prop2jet
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by prop2jet »

I am guessing it will be a non issue with retirements, and it is possible that towards the latter part of this year they will start to crossover.

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Reserved seniority numbers at Air Canada

Post by Bede »

Lost in Saigon wrote:I just had a look at the Jan 2007 seniority list and counted 49 JAZZ pilots holding reserved numbers at Air Canada. I didn't realize there was so many.
That's a lot looking at it from the air canada side. My guess is 500 guys applied for those spots.

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

Bede wrote:
Lost in Saigon wrote:I just had a look at the Jan 2007 seniority list and counted 49 JAZZ pilots holding reserved numbers at Air Canada. I didn't realize there was so many.
That's a lot looking at it from the air canada side. My guess is 500 guys applied for those spots.
Those are just the frozen numbers, it doesn't include the number of guys that have already come over from Jazz.

To play devils advocate, even if 500 applied and only 50 got hired (even though there have been more) that is a 10% success rate. The rumour was that at one time there were 5000 total applicants and only around 500 have been hired. So the Jazz 10% success rate is around what the OTS success rate has been...

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

is 10% the OTS sucess rate? Seems alittle low?!
But since Jazz employees are basically AC employed anyway - flying AC, with AC colors, AC uniforms, AC travell benifits, and so on. 10% is way to low. There should be some sort of flow through for not only pilots, but the FA's as well.
Flame away.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
thrust set
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thrust set »

KAG

Talk to your union and ask why wasn't a flowthrough discussed. I think the answer is they pushed for a "global" solution rather than see the junior portion of the list disappear to the mainline. During the mid nineties all you needed was a "beating heart" coming from the connectors. And it made for some fun times in the cockpit of the old Dash I bet.

Some numbers I heard not too long ago. AC hired over 435 since 2005 (this was told awhile ago so some numbers have changed). Of the Jazz pilots, 51 have come over / 49 have reserved spots/ 54 are in the pool waiting to be called. Their have been 7 Jazz pilots as well that have been excepted and turned it down for various reasons. Their has been 6 who got a letter only to reapply again and got on.

So tell me, how many have received a PFO letter? You will be surprised to know that it is not as high as you would have thought reading this forum but remember we always hear about the ones not making it but never the ones leaving.

777longhaul
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re:

Post by 777longhaul »

delete

Mig29
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re:

Post by Mig29 »

KAG wrote:is 10% the OTS sucess rate? Seems alittle low?!
But since Jazz employees are basically AC employed anyway - flying AC, with AC colors, AC uniforms, AC travell benifits, and so on. 10% is way to low. There should be some sort of flow through for not only pilots, but the FA's as well.
Flame away.
+ 1 :wink:

loadshed
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by loadshed »

Why has this thread been resurrected? It's almost 5 years old. :smt017

Return to “Air Canada”