June 4 Jazz GS

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

anonymity
Rank 3
Rank 3

June 4 Jazz GS

Post by anonymity »

Anyone been called for it yet or know if it's proceeding on time?

How long without a PFO is good? Is 2 weeks generally a good sign?
---------- ADS -----------

Swerved
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Swerved »

I just heard yesterday that it's full. Having said that, take anything you hear with a grain of salt...

Best of luck...

Swerved.

In a world full of people, only some want to fly. Isn't that crazy?
Johnny Reb
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Johnny Reb »

If they are truly short of guys are they seriously going to stop doing ground schools for the summer? I just did my medical about two weeks ago and haven't heard anything back yet, I wonder if there is any possibility of being in the June groundschool, or will I have to wait until September so that I can learn to fly the college way.

Stinky
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Stinky »

Waiting until Sept. may not be a bad thing, keep in mind if you are in the last groundschool for a six month period, that's 6 months of you getting crappy reserve flying. If you get in in Sept. the June guys are only a couple of numbers ahead of you and your seniority will climb quickly in the winter.

Johnny Reb
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Johnny Reb »

Would they do a medical though, only to offer you a course date several months down the road? How long after the medical are you generally offered a course date? So far I am approaching 3 months since my interview and there seems to be a lot of delays, the only thing that happened quickly was I was offered a medical the day after my sim eval, but of course then had to wait 2 weeks to get in.

On a different note when does the freeze for going to Air Canada officially start? Let's say hypothetically you were offered a course date several months away and during this time you were called by Air Canada, would you be eligible or would you be considered to be a frozen Jazz pilot during this time. Keep in mind that this is merely a hypothetical question and this is not likely to affect me, nor am I looking to start a lengthy debate on this policy, I am just curious if someone can shed some light on the facts.

Thanks
JR

pilotbzh
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by pilotbzh »

24 month since your PPC date to be released from the freeze... that's if you get on...

Swerved
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Swerved »

If Jazz isn't running another groundschool until September, you won't be offered a date until MUCH closer to the actual time. You'll likely be told that you're in a pool, waiting to be assigned a date. Thus, you won't have signed any paperwork, and you can go to AC "off the street" like anyone else.

Swerved.

swervin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by swervin »

Heard from a training guy 35 new hires a month for the next 5 months.

abflyguy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by abflyguy »

Due to the busy summer schedule they are not doing courses until Sept. If you had medical you are most likely in but everything slows down in the summer. It gets busy in the summer with increased flying and a lot of people on vacation etc. No worries I imagine they will call soon.

Stinky
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Stinky »

I was told the sim eval is only valid for 6 months and would then need to be redone. I met a guy who did two sim evals due to this very scenario.

R2000/1830
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by R2000/1830 »

Looks like there is one more G/S, June 25th. I got the call today for it.

Swerved
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Swerved »

So...anyone care to share what bases and aircraft were awarded to the June 4 g/s class?

Thanks,

Swerved.

Return to “Air Canada”