Giving AC folks a nice warm fuzzy feeling

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Giving AC folks a nice warm fuzzy feeling

Post by Bede »

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-in ... le1598432/

I have a plan for the unions at AC. Get all the cash and shortsell or place put options on ACE or AC.B stock. When contract talks come up, walk out until the company has no money left, goes into CCAA and use the huge cash windfall you just made to take the company over.
---------- ADS -----------

torx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Giving AC folks a nice warm fuzzy feeling

Post by torx »

Seeing that pic and that headline most certainly ruined my night! :toimonster:

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

Mr. Milton, who ran Air Canada from 1999 to 2004, could not be reached for comment Wednesday. But his supporters have emphasized that the veteran airline executive unlocked billions of dollars in “hidden value” at Air Canada, partly through the spinoff of assets such as Groupe Aeroplan Inc., the loyalty company. They also point out that he spearheaded ACE’s participation in a financial rescue package of the carrier last summer, when the airline appeared to be headed towards a cash crunch.

I can unlock "hidden value" in my house to by selling it off a piece at a time. Sure it's great for the investor, and the emloyees are left with squat. This practice should be illegal.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
Jaques Strappe
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Jaques Strappe »

Yeah......As if Milton coined the phrase " the sum of all the parts is worth more than the whole" His supporters can't be that stupid so they must be people who benefited from the raping Air Canada suffered at his hand. I wonder why the media doesn't ask pointed questions. There is one hell of a story there to be told but they keep missing it time and time again.

Standby for new atis message
yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

I wonder why the media doesn't ask pointed questions. There is one hell of a story there to be told but they keep missing it time and time again.
Why let the truth get in the way of a great "success" story.

Redwine
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Redwine »

Simply disgusting. Legal drug dealing at its finest.

...Seems they are going to remove the axe and the control column from the cockpits for security reasons.
Cat19
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cat19 »

"They also point out that he spearheaded ACE’s participation in a financial rescue package of the carrier last summer, when the airline appeared to be headed towards a cash crunch."

Hmmm...They seemed to have missed another thing to "point out". The fact that all the unions had to vote in favour of their "rescue package" or they wouldn't have got it. Now many of those same employees are sitting on unemployment insurance as a reward for their commitment to the company.

torx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by torx »

All he did was "inject" some of the money that was made from dismantling Air Canada. It was only proper to give some of that back. :wink:

Return to “Air Canada”