RE: AC Customer Service Rant

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

sagabwoy
Rank 2
Rank 2

RE: AC Customer Service Rant

Post by sagabwoy »

Was scheduled to depart Friday @ 12:40 to YQB
While driving to the airport my car's transmission died.
Ended up taking a cab to the airport.
Reached late, missed my flight.

Here's my problem - conflicting instructions from AC agents.

Lined up for 20 min, agent at the check in counter said 150 per person to do a same-day flight change. she said to call the call center they can do it for 75. so i called, agent at the call center said the opposite. so i went back in line, lined up at another counter for 30 min, spoke to another agent who said 150 per person to do a same-day flight change, no other options. however because i missed my flight the system canceled my reservation and due to some technical difficulty they could not change it. So i was told to go to the Ticket counter and have my same day flight change done there. So i lined up again for a 3rd time for 30 min (total 1 hr 20 min) I kept my cool and was told by a 3rd agent that i could get it done for $ 50 per person.

I thank her because she saved me alot of $$

However i am very disappointed with the conflicting instructions and the cost to change the flight. I had a legitimate reason and there was no immediate flexibility on their part (only at the end thanks to an understanding agent)

Can anyone explain this extreme fare change fee difference ?

Has anyone else experienced the same ?
---------- ADS -----------

AP
mattedfred
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: RE: AC Customer Service Rant

Post by mattedfred »

sagabwoy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by sagabwoy »

Sorry
should mention it was a TANGO fare.
not TANGO PLUS

i realize that with TANGO Plus i would have had more flexibility. However in the legal text on my ticket print out after i purchased online, it did not specify this.

AP
ILSfan07
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ILSfan07 »

sagabwoy wrote:
However i am very disappointed with the conflicting instructions and the cost to change the flight. I had a legitimate reason and there was no immediate flexibility on their part (only at the end thanks to an understanding agent)

Can anyone explain this extreme fare change fee difference ?

Has anyone else experienced the same ?
I agree that the inconsistencies are frustrating, however the rules are fairly clear when you purchase the ticket. The tango fare is the lowest of the low... just about as non-refundable as it gets. Unfortunately while you did have a real reason for not getting to the airport, the airline has no practical way to verify this, other than taking you for your word. (not likely to happen) In fact, they are banking on a certain number of you to not make it to the airport, as Air Canada over-sells their flights.
sagabwoy wrote:Sorry should mention it was a TANGO fare. not TANGO PLUS

i realize that with TANGO Plus i would have had more flexibility. However in the legal text on my ticket print out after i purchased online, it did not specify this.
I can assure you, they know what type of ticket you bought :) Maybe the ticket agent just didn't look, and made the $50 change anyway?

Realitychex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Realitychex »

Why should an airline waive it's fees because of your car's maintenance issues?

How is that any different from any number of other reasons why others are charged fees becasuse they missed their flights?

Suck it up, pay the difference and chalk it up to "$hit happens".

8)

Return to “Air Canada”