Mythical PFO letter

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

dream_big
Rank 3
Rank 3

Mythical PFO letter

Post by dream_big »

Wondering if there is anyone out there that has received the so called "bad" letter and has gotten a call since for another interview? Thoughts?
---------- ADS -----------

yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Mythical PFO letter

Post by yycflyguy »

dream_big wrote:Wondering if there is anyone out there that has received the so called "bad" letter and has gotten a call since for another interview? Thoughts?
The PFO letters are not mythical. They happen.

Second and even third opportunities happen all the time.

dream_big
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by dream_big »

That's not what I meant. I meant with regards to the so called bad PFO letter that apparently never leads to another interview. I'm looking to see if it's true and see if someone who received that letter got
Another shot. I didn't mean PFO in general. Trust me, I know

navajo_jay
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by navajo_jay »

Well, I got the so called PFO a year and a half ago, stating to reaply in 6 month. I've been re-applying every month ever since and no joy. Starting to wonder if there's a black list.

LTD
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by LTD »

Hey guys,

Has anyone heard of anyone getting PFOd recently? If so, when exactly?
Lots of interviews, and lots of people getting put into the "pool", but no news of any PFOs!?!?
I interviewed almost 3 months ago, still no news..
Anyone?

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

@LTD.

3 months and no news.

I'd be contacting them asap in case you slipped through a crack somewhere. It shouldn't take 3 months to get a call either way and I'm guessing they told you 6-8 weeks in the interview. If you sit in that limbo long enough you will definitely not be successful despite how well you may have potentially scored.

LTD
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by LTD »

Thx altiplano,

I have been in touch with them, I called after 8 weeks, they said still "under review", then last week they called me because they wanted me to re-send copy of my passport and medical, etc.!?
It's been almost 10 days since then. No news since.
Weird.
That's why I was wondering if anyone else is getting PFOd or not. I know AC isn't hiring till next year, so maybe that's why it's taking so long?
Thx for any info u guys might have or if you've heard of something like this before.
Meanwhile, I've been checking my email as often as possible keeping my fingers crossed!!

props ahead
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by props ahead »

People are still getting PFO letters...a couple friends have received them and Interviewed in September and earlier. Still lots of interviews happening! Lots of guys that have reapplied due to a PFO and are getting on in their second or third try. Requirements are dropping and a person that may not have made the cut in previous times are now prime candidates.

RFN
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RFN »

Last edited by RFN on Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elessar_44
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Elessar_44 »

RFN wrote:I was PFO'd a year ago, and kept my application open for that elusive second shot.

Is there any point to deleting my profile and starting over?
I'm wondering the same thing. Interviewed back in January, and got the "reapply in 6 months" letter. so I've been keeping my profile updated every couple of months since then, hoping for a 2nd interview. But the online job submission system is a little confusing; one page says my profile hasn't been updated since Dec. 2011, and others say it was updated in October (when I actually did update it last). I was contemplating straight up deleting and reapplying, but I see the pilot posting is closed for now so guess I'm waiting till the new year.

sumotherguy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sumotherguy »

I did get a call back after receiving a PFO. PFO'd about 2 yrs ago and received an invite to another interview about a year later. Didn't delete my original profile. Hope this helps...good luck.

LTD
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by LTD »

Sumotherguy,
Did you get the job on the second try?

sumotherguy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sumotherguy »

I didn't do the interview.

Phlyer
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Phlyer »

sumotherguy wrote:I didn't do the interview.
Pretty much sums it up for a lot of us.

Cough Syrup
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Cough Syrup »

flatface
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by flatface »

deleted

Last edited by flatface on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Flatface, I don't know what to make of your post, either you don't work at AC or you have a terrible grasp on what happened. Any seniority based company, including AC will have you draw a number from a hat or draw straws and that is what determines where your name ends up on the list, not when you applied.

MRP
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by MRP »

flatface wrote:One reason NOT to delete your application.

My friend and I were both hired on the same day. My name appeared above his on the seniority list. Why?

My application date was earlier than his.
Absolutely 100% false. Your employee number is assigned when you are officially "hired" and has nothing to do with date of application. Your seniority number, which is different, is drawn from lottery (straws in hat or numbers in hat etc.) at the end of week 2 of the new hire PIT course, after which you select available positions in order of seniority.

Return to “Air Canada”