Competing Union

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, sky's the limit, sepia, I WAS Birddog

Mach1
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 618
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:04 am

Re: Competing Union

Post by Mach1 »

imjustlurking wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:52 am Apples and hand grenades.

If we were talking about how Swoop pilots are paid less to do the same work as WJ pilots, you would have a valid argument, but we are talking about union reps taking overtime when pilots are still on layoff.
Holy subject change, Batman!

I have no idea where you suddenly found Swoop in this conversation... in your head, I guess.
---------- ADS -----------
 
I'm going to knock this up a notch with my spice weasle. Bam!
imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:12 am

Re: Competing Union

Post by imjustlurking »

Mach1 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:24 pm
imjustlurking wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:52 am Apples and hand grenades.

If we were talking about how Swoop pilots are paid less to do the same work as WJ pilots, you would have a valid argument, but we are talking about union reps taking overtime when pilots are still on layoff.
Holy subject change, Batman!

I have no idea where you suddenly found Swoop in this conversation... in your head, I guess.
Don't pull that shit. I was calling you out for making an irrelevant comparison and I gave an example as to when your comparison would have been relevant.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Mach1
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 618
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:04 am

Re: Competing Union

Post by Mach1 »

Anger issues? Sure seems like it.

Not following your logic at all. I pointed out that a group of pilots at an airline made the decision to refuse overtime at 1.5 times going rate and forced a draft situation and made 2.5 times going rate... in other words, through unity, a group of smart pilots made more money than if they had gone every person for themselves.

Now, I do have the name of a good therapist or two you could visit for your issues. Until then, see you next time.
---------- ADS -----------
 
I'm going to knock this up a notch with my spice weasle. Bam!
imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:12 am

Re: Competing Union

Post by imjustlurking »

Mach1 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:33 pm Anger issues? Sure seems like it.

Not following your logic at all. I pointed out that a group of pilots at an airline made the decision to refuse overtime at 1.5 times going rate and forced a draft situation and made 2.5 times going rate... in other words, through unity, a group of smart pilots made more money than if they had gone every person for themselves.

Now, I do have the name of a good therapist or two you could visit for your issues. Until then, see you next time.
Thank you for your condescending reply once again.

Since you are obviously too stupid to understand what my point is, let me break it down for you.
  1. The conversation that was going on was about union representatives taking overtime flying.
  2. Your argument was regarding a subsidiary airline paying it's pilots less than the mainline refusing overtime as job action to get better pay
  3. Your argument is irrelevant because refusing overtime caused by shortage of pilots (pandemic) is fundamentally different from refusing overtime because you're being paid less than your counterpart for the exact same job
  4. A comparable argument is that Swoop pilots should refuse OT because they are paid less than WJ pilots
Please, tell me if you still don't get it and I'll try to explain it better.
---------- ADS -----------
 
ALPApolicy
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:34 am

Re: Competing Union

Post by ALPApolicy »

Dionysus wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:44 pm It doesn’t matter how many calls and emails you get. It’s still paid flight relief on Alpa days so it’s not like they are doing free work. You don’t take advantage of the position to get a schedule advantage on your peers who you represent and just for fun I looked at the VR captain rep who openly says he doesn’t want to commute around Christmas and he put a week of alpa days off from the 19 20 21 22 23 to work the system. Ask people what they bid in points for holidays there.
I just called LH and had a nice 10-minute chat. He is very open about what the Grievance Committee is up to and I am 100% sure he would answer any question you have for him regarding ALPA days and Christmas. Why not pick up the phone and give him a shout? He won't bite.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Mach1
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 618
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:04 am

Re: Competing Union

Post by Mach1 »

Hey imjustlurking

I hope you get some help. I really do. It has to be difficult being that angry all the time.
---------- ADS -----------
 
I'm going to knock this up a notch with my spice weasle. Bam!
imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:12 am

Re: Competing Union

Post by imjustlurking »

Mach1 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:27 pm Hey imjustlurking

I hope you get some help. I really do. It has to be difficult being that angry all the time.
I'm not sure why you are so convinced that I am angry, let alone why you are obsessed with the idea that I may be angry.

I have a family and friends who can worry about me, but thank you for your concern.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Dionysus
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat May 08, 2021 7:56 pm

Re: Competing Union

Post by Dionysus »

ALPApolicy wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:19 pm
Dionysus wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:44 pm It doesn’t matter how many calls and emails you get. It’s still paid flight relief on Alpa days so it’s not like they are doing free work. You don’t take advantage of the position to get a schedule advantage on your peers who you represent and just for fun I looked at the VR captain rep who openly says he doesn’t want to commute around Christmas and he put a week of alpa days off from the 19 20 21 22 23 to work the system. Ask people what they bid in points for

I just called LH and had a nice 10-minute chat. He is very open about what the Grievance Committee is up to and I am 100% sure he would answer any question you have for him regarding ALPA days and Christmas. Why not pick up the phone and give him a shout? He won't bite.
What’s to answer? He abused his new position to book alpa days before Xmas and after Xmas. Not cool. End of story. He’s an a$$ for doing that. Same with all who have done it including the chair. No further words. Time to clean it up
---------- ADS -----------
 
Last edited by Dionysus on Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALPApolicy
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:34 am

Re: Competing Union

Post by ALPApolicy »

Dionysus wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:07 pm
ALPApolicy wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:19 pm
Dionysus wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:44 pm It doesn’t matter how many calls and emails you get. It’s still paid flight relief on Alpa days so it’s not like they are doing free work. You don’t take advantage of the position to get a schedule advantage on your peers who you represent and just for fun I looked at the VR captain rep who openly says he doesn’t want to commute around Christmas and he put a week of alpa days off from the 19 20 21 22 23 to work the system. Ask people what they bid in points for...
I just called LH and had a nice 10-minute chat. He is very open about what the Grievance Committee is up to and I am 100% sure he would answer any question you have for him regarding ALPA days and Christmas. Why not pick up the phone and give him a shout? He won't bite.
What’s to answer? He abused his new position to book alpa days before Xmas and after Xmas. Not cool. End of story. He’s an a$$ for doing that. Same with all who have done it including the chair. No further words. Time to clean it up Kingston.
Answer? I didn't ask him any questions except those of a general nature. He is doing well, as is his family, and the Grievance Committee is in good hands. Indeed all of our committees seem to be reaching a robust level of competence.

Dionysus, you appear to have a certain confidence in your version of the facts. Why not build up the courage to phone LK yourself? I know anonymity doesn’t require courage, but an exercise in courage might be good for you. Give him a call and report back your findings.

John
---------- ADS -----------
 
Dionysus
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat May 08, 2021 7:56 pm

Re: Competing Union

Post by Dionysus »

Who says I haven’t? For your own litmus test ask a few of your buds at Jazz if the reps book days like this? I did. You like telling me what to do so there’s some homework for you :)
---------- ADS -----------
 
ALPApolicy
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:34 am

Re: Competing Union

Post by ALPApolicy »

Dionysus wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:43 pm Who says I haven’t? For your own litmus test ask a few of your buds at Jazz if the reps book days like this? I did. You like telling me what to do so there’s some homework for you :)
I guess if I was unhappy with ALPA, our MEC, or a volunteer here or there, I would do as you suggest. However, I am not unhappy.

It's just a job, this flying an airplane. It is not life. If worrying about the fairness of the system is a big deal for you, well, good luck with that. I hope it makes you happy.

John
---------- ADS -----------
 
Mach1
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 618
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:04 am

Re: Competing Union

Post by Mach1 »

imjustlurking wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:37 pm I'm not sure why you are so convinced that I am angry, let alone why you are obsessed with the idea that I may be angry.
The swearing. The name calling.
---------- ADS -----------
 
I'm going to knock this up a notch with my spice weasle. Bam!
imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:12 am

Re: Competing Union

Post by imjustlurking »

Mach1 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:39 pm
imjustlurking wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:37 pm I'm not sure why you are so convinced that I am angry, let alone why you are obsessed with the idea that I may be angry.
The swearing. The name calling.
That's not anger. That's expression of my lack of respect for the stupid.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Transition9er2
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:18 pm

Re: Competing Union

Post by Transition9er2 »

imjustlurking wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:13 am
Mach1 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:39 pm
imjustlurking wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:37 pm I'm not sure why you are so convinced that I am angry, let alone why you are obsessed with the idea that I may be angry.
The swearing. The name calling.
That's not anger. That's expression of my lack of respect for the stupid.
Wow, you really are all over this website aren’t you?! For a guy who doesn’t work in the airlines or who isn’t even a pilot you sure like coming on here and stirring sh!t up.

What’s your deal man?
---------- ADS -----------
 
imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:12 am

Re: Competing Union

Post by imjustlurking »

Transition9er2 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:04 am
imjustlurking wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:13 am
Mach1 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:39 pm

The swearing. The name calling.
That's not anger. That's expression of my lack of respect for the stupid.
Wow, you really are all over this website aren’t you?! For a guy who doesn’t work in the airlines or who isn’t even a pilot you sure like coming on here and stirring sh!t up.

What’s your deal man?
Once again, I don't care if you think I'm a pilot or not. It makes zero difference in my life.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “WestJet”