Westjet B-767 issues

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

43S/172E
Rank 3
Rank 3

Westjet B-767 issues

Post by 43S/172E »

Seems all is not running smoothly for team teal in GAT

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forum ... n/6706375/

Reading some of the complaints about Westjet it seems that the high useage of the 767 fleet means cancellations .
I have noted some delays and some cancellations this month and more worrying is the lack of staff at Gatwick able to sort the problem. Maybe they need a couple of Actual Westjet Employees there . It is fine to use subcontractors but with the large number of flights there needs to be someone with authority to sort problems.
Popping out to give meal vouchers is not customer service. Information is what the customer wants and if Westjet leave the Gatwick operation as is it will not be long before the press get hold of it and have the pictures of tearfull customers wailing their grief tgo all and sundry.. Not what Westjet want I suspect
---------- ADS -----------

tincanflyer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Westjet B-767 issues

Post by tincanflyer »

Save the hassle and fly AC.......they are even cheaper most of the time.

Jim la Jungle
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jim la Jungle »

or Air Transat.

Trapped in time, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
pilotbzh
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by pilotbzh »

Don't forget your food supply and add the cost for bags too

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.3608928

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

No food whatsoever on a 9-10 hour flight??

Race to the bottom? How much lower can WestJet go?

brooks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by brooks »

Works for me. The fares are super cheap compared to AC. The plus fare is a bargain for what you get and some base fares go for under $300 one way. Bring some Subway or Chinese food and or let the customer decide if they want crappy airline food. WestJet is not lowering the bar. They are making travel economical, efficient, and optimizable for the customer.

telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

Works for me. The fares are super cheap compared to AC. The plus fare is a bargain for what you get and some base fares go for under $300 one way. Bring some Subway or Chinese food and or let the customer decide if they want crappy airline food. WestJet is not lowering the bar. They are making travel economical, efficient, and optimizable for the customer.
LMFAO.

Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.
all_ramped_up
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by all_ramped_up »

pilotbzh wrote:Don't forget your food supply and add the cost for bags too

Ugh. Gabor Lukacs is insufferable.
"I think this is something that Transport Canada should be stepping in. It's something so troublesome...
Really? Transport Canada? :roll:

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

Jesus, kinda of a silly CBC article. If the flying public are happy with a no meal service in lieu of higher fares, so what. Tis their choice isn't it, if cheaper airfare to a secondary airport destination is your sole reason to go to begin with, well there you are. My infrequent international travels, I spend a little extra for comfort and connections(LHR) cause that's what I like to do. AT and AC offer international service, I have never been on the former but did a couple with AC, cost was reasonable for that type of holiday trip as I saw it. Yes I got fed on the way over/back even a small bottle of red to quaff down. AT and AC have been doing international for umpteen yrs and I can't see them changing their business model due to the new WJ entrance.

True North
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by True North »

pilotbzh wrote:Don't forget your food supply and add the cost for bags too

PostmasterGeneral wrote:No food whatsoever on a 9-10 hour flight??

Race to the bottom? How much lower can WestJet go?
Did either of you even try to read the article? :roll:

There seems to be a distinct lack of reading comprehension skills on this site.

Realitychex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Realitychex »

Old fella wrote:Jesus, kinda of a silly CBC article. If the flying public are happy with a no meal service in lieu of higher fares, so what. Tis their choice isn't it, if cheaper airfare to a secondary airport destination is your sole reason to go to begin with, well there you are. My infrequent international travels, I spend a little extra for comfort and connections(LHR) cause that's what I like to do. AT and AC offer international service, I have never been on the former but did a couple with AC, cost was reasonable for that type of holiday trip as I saw it. Yes I got fed on the way over/back even a small bottle of red to quaff down. AT and AC have been doing international for umpteen yrs and I can't see them changing their business model due to the new WJ entrance.
And that's precisely what the incumbents thought when WS started with 3 737-200's and a couple of flights a day from Calgary to Vancouver in March '96.

Ticketless? That won't work.
No meals? That won't work either.
No premium section? Not a chance.
No refunds, just credits? No siree. Canadians won't go for that.
One way fares? They'll be banco by May.

Fares to the UK have dropped significantly since WS's announcement of service last September. All the airlines all likely flying full at the reduced fares, but then again, they were full before. Full airplanes with 15% less revenue in a business where the incumbent's operating margins last year were a little under 8%. Any guesses what that's going to do to route and overall profitability?

I'll bet the "free food", when its all said and done, costs about $20 per person to provide, load, carry, serve and remove.

When that $20 per person becomes the difference between making money and losing money on each flight, you know exactly what's going to happen.

Just like before.

8)

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Same old stale talking points. Yawn.

atphat
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by atphat »

Yep

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

Fares are low until they are raised again.

CAL
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CAL »

I tried to use WJ to LGW from yyz this July and it was like 1500 bucks....
so was ac so obviously a busy period but by no means was it cheap
went through the states instead

aerobod
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by aerobod »

CAL wrote:I tried to use WJ to LGW from yyz this July and it was like 1500 bucks....
so was ac so obviously a busy period but by no means was it cheap
went through the states instead
All the Econo fares from LGW to YYZ are sold out in July, a few are available from YYZ to LGW.

In August there are 5 days where the Econo fare is $410 from LGW to YYZ (one stop) or $610 direct and in July and August, still plenty of days where Econo is below $400 from YYZ to LGW. Lowest fare is $235 (inc taxes) from YYZ to LGW on Aug 29 and LGW to YYZ is $410 (inc taxes) on 16, 24, 29, 30, 31 Aug. A UK originating guest can still do LGW-YYZ-LGW for $645 return with one-stop LGW-YYZ, direct YYZ-LGW, or otherwise either way around $1000 return with direct flights:

http://www.westjet.com/deals/low-fare-f ... 2016-07-31

lazyeight
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by lazyeight »

I flew round trip to Gatwick from YVR on AT a few years ago. At least I think Gatwick? Can't remember.. London anyhow. Cost me shy of $800 round trip. With food. And it was a pretty nice flight, good customer service, on time etc.

brooks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by brooks »

Last I checked AT wasn't doing so well financially. Some guys I talk to think AT wont be around in a few years.

Justanotherpilot2
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Justanotherpilot2 »

You're dreaming if you think AT will go anywhere. You're also dreaming if you think WJ will take over any international market.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

WJ is the Greyhound bus of the CDN airline industry. And they seem proud of that fact.

So if you are willing to ride on a Greyhound bus, then book WJ.

Return to “WestJet”