Encore schedule scheduling

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Flash8
Rank 0
Rank 0

Encore schedule scheduling

Post by Flash8 »

Looking for some insight into the schedule at encore. Pilot brief says 20 days a month but I've heard 18 is on the new contract?

How does the scheduling work? I've heard mainline has a pretty handy app that gives great autonomy in adding and dropping flights, bidding points on preferential criteria. Does this also apply to encore? Or is encore scheduling just days off/on? Stand ups? Split days, min rest and zombie drives to yyz at 0345? Or is it pretty civilized?
---------- ADS -----------

wirez
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Encore schedule scheduling

Post by wirez »

Scheduled days per month ranges from 15-20. Though the number of scheduled days per month has been reduced since the new agreement, they can technically still work you to 20, but will have to pay overtime. This hasn't been done yet thus far though. FOs tend to get more days off than Capts do. Each month is a mixture of pairings (1-5 days) as well as some reserve. We do not have stand ups. AM pairings unfortunately have some pretty early show times at 0600 or 0500. We do not have the FLICA app that mainline has. Any other questions, just ask.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “WestJet”