Adding references

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Fly The Wing
Rank 0
Rank 0

Adding references

Post by Fly The Wing »

I apologise if this has been covered but I just could not find it.

How do I add internal references to an existing WJ on line application? Do I need to delete my profile and start over? My references say not to because they've sent in the pilot reference form at their end but at my end the "If referred by a Westjet employee provide name" box and the one below it to provide reference company email are blank and I can't seem to add to them. Thanks in advance everybody.

FTW
---------- ADS -----------

fsantana
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Adding references

Post by fsantana »

If you click on VIEW APPLICATION you will see that it will give you the option to attach an extra file. Open Word or any other Word processing app and type in your references information, save it and then attach it to your application. This attachment is in addition to your Resume & cover letter.

If you already attached that third document, then I am sure you might get another chance to write/talk about your internal references in the process.

FS

Fly The Wing
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Fly The Wing »

OK good I guess that's the next best thing. So there is no way to add them to the appropriate box later. I had let my license expire and had been working out of aviation for a bit and so as soon as I finished the IPC I wanted to get my application in. The references took a while to track down, re establish communication with and broach the subject. I don't know why I was nervous about it. Everyone has been super supportive, but getting it all together takes time so I'm left with; do I delete my application and start over? So there's no way to edit my original answers?

JAHinYYC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by JAHinYYC »

If the references you are asking about are internal ones from WestJet I know from my conversations with both HR and internal references themselves that it is preferred for internal referees to submit using the online employee portal.

In my experience once you submit your application using the jobs webpage there is no way to edit the original answers. For that matter delete and resubmit didn't clear the old entries either.

That said, this is just my experience.
Fly The Wing wrote:OK good I guess that's the next best thing. So there is no way to add them to the appropriate box later. I had let my license expire and had been working out of aviation for a bit and so as soon as I finished the IPC I wanted to get my application in. The references took a while to track down, re establish communication with and broach the subject. I don't know why I was nervous about it. Everyone has been super supportive, but getting it all together takes time so I'm left with; do I delete my application and start over? So there's no way to edit my original answers?

Fly The Wing
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Fly The Wing »

JAHinYYC wrote:If the references you are asking about are internal ones from WestJet I know from my conversations with both HR and internal references themselves that it is preferred for internal referees to submit using the online employee portal.

In my experience once you submit your application using the jobs webpage there is no way to edit the original answers. For that matter delete and resubmit didn't clear the old entries either.

That said, this is just my experience.
Fly The Wing wrote:OK good I guess that's the next best thing. So there is no way to add them to the appropriate box later. I had let my license expire and had been working out of aviation for a bit and so as soon as I finished the IPC I wanted to get my application in. The references took a while to track down, re establish communication with and broach the subject. I don't know why I was nervous about it. Everyone has been super supportive, but getting it all together takes time so I'm left with; do I delete my application and start over? So there's no way to edit my original answers?
So my internal references filling in the on-line form, is just as good as if I'd filled in the application right the first time?

JAHinYYC
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by JAHinYYC »

Fly The Wing wrote: So my internal references filling in the on-line form, is just as good as if I'd filled in the application right the first time?
Better actually.

I believe HR would have used the information off the initial application to prompt the internal references to submit via the employee portal. By having the references go in now you have positive control over this step being taken.

If invited to interview you get a second chance to submit all references (both internal and external) according to a defined set of parameters communicated to you in the pre interview materials.

Good luck. Its a great experience.

Return to “WestJet”