Direct to mainline WestJet

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

atphat
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Direct to mainline WestJet

Post by atphat »

pacman007 wrote:Way to go ALPA! No hiring for the next 12 months at mainline (from what i have heard from friends)...the new encore pilots can expect 5 years plus before getting to the jet. Because of All the uncertainty the company has shut down hiring. could be years before things get back to normal and flow continues.
Well that makes no sense. Either there is attrition and expansion requiring new pilots or there isn't. That of course would have nothing to do with a union.
---------- ADS -----------

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

It has absolutely nothing to do with ALPA. They have the pilots they need for this year, so they stopped the hiring. What's so difficult to understand about that?

pacman007
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pacman007 »

well from what i heard westjet will make all the pilots they have work harder..yes only 16 days but 4 day parings starting at 6am and ending at midnight on the 4th day...also westjet had classes this year they cancelled....explain that?

Ex DC10 Driver
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ex DC10 Driver »

I am told WestJet cancelled one class of 8 that was scheduled for October.If you read Dave Pobrans posts you will see that there were still 4 classes of 12 being hired at Encore and next years numbers are being worked on and developed. Relax on the drama...geez.

Last edited by Ex DC10 Driver on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JBI
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JBI »

pacman007 wrote:well from what i heard westjet will make all the pilots they have work harder..yes only 16 days but 4 day parings starting at 6am and ending at midnight on the 4th day...also westjet had classes this year they cancelled....explain that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE63y7ctAwA

“Mrs. Krabappel and Principal Skinner were in the closet making babies and I saw one of the babies and the baby looked at me!” .... explain that!?

Shady McSly
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Shady McSly »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE63y7ctAwA

“Mrs. Krabappel and Principal Skinner were in the closet making babies and I saw one of the babies and the baby looked at me!” .... explain that!?

circa '97 called and asked for it's link back.

Ex DC10 Driver
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ex DC10 Driver »

Return to “WestJet”