IATRA vs ATPL

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Delta602
Rank 0
Rank 0

IATRA vs ATPL

Post by Delta602 »

Does anyone know if Encore is accepting pilots with only an IATRA? I know Jazz has started to do so, and someone mentioned to me that they might be starting to follow suit.

I know you can get accepted by the flight path program with an IATRA, but the site stil says an ATPL is required prior to being offered employment

Delta
---------- ADS -----------

gravelpapi
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: IATRA vs ATPL

Post by gravelpapi »

At Encore the ATPL is a requirement in order to be hired and put into a GS. ATPL exam's written scores you more points. There are a ton of folks out there with theirs already written. WJE does not want to waste their time with people they cant upgrade down the road. Hence the requirement.

DaveP
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by DaveP »

Hi
We are hiring the folks with the written now. Just finalizing the posting details but we are selecting from the flightpath posting. A couple pilots are on the class that started today. (ATPL written done and submitted)
Cheers

DaveP
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by DaveP »

Howdy,
The new Flightpath posting and First Officer posting for WestJet Encore are now edited (and live). No longer is it a requirement to have an ATPL (you only need the IATRA/ATPL exams written).

There are 4 Encore courses of 12 to fill for 2017 (September 4th, two in October and One in November)

Take care,
Dave

https://career4.successfactors.com/care ... eAI4gkE%3d

Return to “WestJet”