Any Conflicting Traffic Please Advise

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

jjj
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Any Conflicting Traffic Please Advise

Post by jjj »

Jean-Pierre wrote:No he is right. These chucker should be shamed. It is is the only way they will stop. Comparing radio call to a PA announcement in the terminal does not make sense as one is highly congested and the other barely used.
Merely stating that much of what we do is learned by what we see and hear from our predecessors - not always by what is properly laid out in a manual. The example of how this easily affects CSA's in their PAs certainly is relevant as they are human beings as well in an apprenticeship career.

Fact is - likely every pilot in this thread says something of an ass-hat nature every day and doesn't even realize it. I probably do too. Today I heard on the radio:

"I'd like to request flight level 390." Why not just say "Request flight level 390." The sarcastic reply otherwise is "Go ahead - feel free to request 390."

One step further...

"Requesting 390 if it's available." Is that opposed to requesting 390 when it's not available?

or

"When able requesting (insert request)." Is that opposed to requesting something when a controller is not able because we certainly don't want that - do we?

There are more examples from today alone but I think the point is clear:

I dislike verbal poo poo - but as long as the message is clear between the sender and receiver I'm a pretty happy camper.

Do better if able by example and hopefully that rubs off.

Nothing wrong with venting a few peeves in a safe environment because we often learn and improve our game by the casual stories and chatter.

I shall assume that Ahramin and JP are lovely people and quite charming at house parties despite what I think are ass-hat remarks.

Cheers.

JJJ
---------- ADS -----------

lostaviator
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by lostaviator »

You're right; that is annoying.

"Any conflicting traffic" is ALMOST as annoying as listening to 50% of Air Canada pilots saying "Air CanadaSSSSSSS" all day.

atphat
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by atphat »

lostaviator wrote:You're right; that is annoying.

"Any conflicting traffic" is ALMOST as annoying as listening to 50% of Air Canada pilots saying "Air CanadaSSSSSSS" all day.
Hardly 50%. But ya, I have no idea where those sssss's come from.

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

Or ask for a ride report with EVERY frequency change

atphat
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by atphat »

av8ts wrote:

Or ask for a ride report with EVERY frequency change
I see no problem with that. Do you try to find your passengers the smoothest ride?

NewCommercialPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NewCommercialPilot »

atphat wrote:
av8ts wrote:Or ask for a ride report with EVERY frequency change
I see no problem with that. Do you try to find your passengers the smoothest ride?
Seriously? You see no problem with asking for a ride report EVERY frequency change? How's about we all start doing that then. You think that might just add a bit of congestion to the frequency?

It is so annoying being just ahead of someone headed in the same direction who does this. Another Captain Fantastic at the controls.

Peace out.

atphat
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by atphat »

Disregard

Return to “WestJet”