WestJet encore

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

poohguy
Rank 0
Rank 0

WestJet encore

Post by poohguy »

Hi all,

Curious to know what I might need to keep I mind during the interview process? Have an interview in a few days for FO and I’m trying to be prepared!

Also is there anything about encore that I might need to be aware of?

Thank you!
---------- ADS -----------

Wanderingpilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: WestJet encore

Post by Wanderingpilot »

Randomized 30 tech questions out of 250. Some were hard and some were harder. General scenario questions. Basically talking to you and seeing if your a good fit for westjet.

Big thing I found was the references. It took a month for me because my chief pilot was on holidays. Once they heard from him... I received my call to come on in!

I had another friend who didn’t get a good reference and got the big PFO. So word to the wise..... it does matter! He got on another carrier anyways..... just not westjet.

Wandering Pilot

FlyGuy1678
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FlyGuy1678 »

First off, congrats on the interview. Remember that they wouldn't be interviewing you if they didn't fully intend on hiring you. Interview is straight forward with a few TMAT questions and a CRM situation... Then a technical exam. I don't believe the technical exam has much weight on the outcome of your job offer to be 100% honest.
WJ is huge on "quality" references. You'll need to make sure your reference from your current employer is a direct supervisor (chief pilot). There's no getting around that with them, unfortunately. You're best to keep lines of communication open with your chief pilot to avoid an awkward situation.
Be yourself, don't try to make up fake stories and make sure you smile. Of course, it goes without saying... Be ready for "Why WestJet?"
Best of luck!! 8)

-Bradley

Last edited by FlyGuy1678 on Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wanderingpilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Wanderingpilot »

Randomized 30 tech questions out of 250. Some were hard and some were harder. General scenario questions. Basically talking to you and seeing if your a good fit for westjet.

Big thing I found was the references. It took a month for me because my chief pilot was on holidays. Once they heard from him... I received my call to come on in!

I had another friend who didn’t get a good reference and got the big PFO. So word to the wise..... it does matter! He got on another carrier anyways..... just not westjet.

Wandering Pilot

Air.Field
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Air.Field »

There's literally and Encore sub forum just below this one that would be more appropriately apt for....

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

Possibly a group team leadership exercise. I didn't get this but one of my co-workers did. Be a leader, work well as part of a team.

Tech exam. Some IFR, some high altitude machs, definitions like critical point, etc

The video about the culture of "We". It's a real tear jerker. Left me with the impression that Clive wasn't much of a public speaker yet has charisma in spades. There's one question at the end. I was told to watch the video if I had time. Pretty sure they want you to watch it, not sure why they don't just say that.

Interview was tell us about your career and they asked some questions about moves I made 15 years ago...not sure what I had for breakfast yesterday so not sure how that went. 2 BDI questions, and one hypothetical situation. Mine seemed silly, and tended towards customer service but clearly wasn't realistic ie they have clear policies about the scenario that they claimed they don't have a policy on just to see what steps I'd say I would go through to solve the problem... Both my co workers had scenarios based on safety.

The campus is weird because you are literally the only guy in the building in a suit and tie. In line at starbucks I felt like I'd forgotten to wear pants first day of grade 1, the way everyone looked at me. I think they knew why I was there.

Dizzy D
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Dizzy D »

I’ve been told the technical exam only counts for 10% of your final evaluation.

matthew94
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by matthew94 »

poohguy wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:55 am Hi all,

Curious to know what I might need to keep I mind during the interview process? Have an interview in a few days for FO and I’m trying to be prepared!

Also is there anything about encore that I might need to be aware of?

Thank you!
Hi there,

Is there anything you found out about the interview process- also wondering how the presentation went over, what should be included and what to expect!

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide!

Jsawyer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Jsawyer »

So how did you make out in your interview poohguy?

Return to “WestJet”