Swoop Blacklist

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

jjj
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Swoop Blacklist

Post by jjj »

Gino,

Take a copy of your post and put it in your wallet. 100 bucks says that in 10 years you will disagree with yourself.

This is bigger than the WestJet Pilots. This affects us all. If WS has there way they set a precedent that will get followed by other carriers. When costs rise as a carrier approaches legacy status - just move the flying to the planes with a different paint job at rates less than when the company started.

News flash - all of us are on the chopping block.

Regards, JJJ
---------- ADS -----------

Maritimer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Maritimer »

jjj wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:20 pm Gino,

Take a copy of your post and put it in your wallet. 100 bucks says that in 10 years you will disagree with yourself.

This is bigger than the WestJet Pilots. This affects us all. If WS has there way they set a precedent that will get followed by other carriers. When costs rise as a carrier approaches legacy status - just move the flying to the planes with a different paint job at rates less than when the company started.

News flash - all of us are on the chopping block.

Regards, JJJ

^This guy gets it. Thank you. Better than I could have said.

Legacy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Legacy »

Yeah too bad the others don't. Also news flash..... If you're gonna use the bill payment excuse to take the swoop jobs, there are lots of better paying jobs out there. I think Perimeter is looking and I hear they pay better. It's time to think about the future of this industry. CEOs like Gregg can be beat. It just takes unity to do it. Good god, for once I'd like to see is accomplish something in this industry through unity.

C.W.E.
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by C.W.E. »

I have been in aviation for sixty five years and I have never seen any evidence of pilot unity and doubt if I will live long enough to see it ever happening.

Unlike almost every other career flying attracts the dreamers who allow emotion to over ride logic.

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

flyinhigh wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:47 am How about, I currently have a job that is paying pretty descent so I'll stick it out until I can get something that has the proper WAWCON for classification of aircraft.
But you see, the pilots considering Swoop, don't have a job that is "paying pretty decent"... Some of them live on 40K a year, flying the FLAG or TEAMKOOLAID spinners. $15,000 a year extra pays rent for 12 months in Hamilton. Think about that. Nevermind morality. It's hard to be moral when you're "hungry".

Das ist mir wurst...
seriousflyer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by seriousflyer »

You think working at Swoop under the current wawcon being offered will be better than "flying the flag" or koolaid prop spinners??

You will be overworked and underpaid while having no definite senirorty list, no representation, and no future other than swoop WHILE being resented.

Sounds not worth any amount of money, especially 15K more a year.

WeedPro2000
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WeedPro2000 »

seriousflyer wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:24 amYou will be overworked and underpaid while having no definite senirorty list, no representation, and no future other than swoop WHILE being resented.
It's too bad, it really is, that there wasn't a case for a common employer action under the CIRB. That way, you wouldn't have to be on here trying to threaten fellow pilots. In any event, there has been no problem finding qualified pilots to apply at Swoop, so I think you and your friends will need to up your intimidation game if you want to be successful. Perhaps dead animals on the lawn or slashing tires?

And I think the ALPA representation is over-rated. More pilots have been terminated since ALPA arrived at WJ than in the last 10 years. Who knows, there could be more on the way. Three cheers for representation!!

NéwCommercialPilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by NéwCommercialPilot »

Let us eat the young.

Wait, let us consume the old.

Bosses win, pilot.

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

How many have been fired since alpa showed up? How many pre alpa? If your going to make a statement like that back it.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
NéwCommercialPilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by NéwCommercialPilot »

Let me provide an example
Of a mind that is really quite tiny
Throw away wages and working conditions
As long as the metal is pink and shiney

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

seriousflyer wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:24 am You think working at Swoop under the current wawcon being offered will be better than "flying the flag" or koolaid prop spinners??

You will be overworked and underpaid while having no definite senirorty list, no representation, and no future other than swoop WHILE being resented.

Sounds not worth any amount of money, especially 15K more a year.
I think working working at Swoop will bring in more money, at least for the first few years. Is it a better choice than working for Jazz or Encore? I'd say almost the same. They both pay significantly lower than what their pilots are worth. Are you going to try to sell me that flying a CRJ 900 at Jazz for 40K is morally acceptable, yet flying a Boeing 737 at Swoop for 55K is not? Give me a break man. Seniority is a good thing if you're able to climb that ladder quickly. If not, you'll be stuck on reserve, working crap ours for "oh wait"... 40K a year.

In my opinion, they're all garbage. They all pay us less than they should. Very few companies out there pay their pilots an appropriate wage for their experience, type rating and class of aircraft.

Das ist mir wurst...
KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

Poetry and accusations, legal quotes from the states. Why not put that over active mind of yours to good use and help instead of hinder?

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

HansDietrich wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:03 am Are you going to try to sell me that flying a CRJ 900 at Jazz for 40K is morally acceptable, yet flying a Boeing 737 at Swoop for 55K is not?
You have misconstrued the point. The Swoop flying contractually belongs to the WJ pilot group. End of story. Until it is negotiated otherwise, or there is a strike lockout, it remains fact.

Seeking to take what belongs to someone else is the moral question.

If you apply to Swoop, and are willing to take the job, you are volunteering to help WJ management pressure it’s pilots into pay and working condition cuts.

Then you have the audacity to complain about wages???????????????

hurtin'albertan
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hurtin'albertan »

WeedPro2000 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:02 am More pilots have been terminated since ALPA arrived at WJ than in the last 10 years. Who knows, there could be more on the way. Three cheers for representation!!
1. Wrong. Prove otherwise. Do you all of a sudden have inside information? Pretty sure that's a violation of privacy issue. Maybe there was a list inside the envelope with the $15k in it.
2. Hypocrite. "RUN! DON'T WALK to sign an ALPA card!" Sound familar? When a certain wingnut's ass was on the line for disciplinary reasons, he made it quite clear that he thought ALPA was the way to salvation.

What a trainwreck this ongoing multiple personality and made up anti union crap saga has become.

Oh, and someone (probably not our friend NCP/rotten apple/weedman made a fake NCP account for shits and giggles. Check out the accent on the e in new.

MrMerth
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MrMerth »

Or he could just keep logging in under different aliases within minutes and continue with the drivel that comes out of his mouth like a complete nut job.

AvifiskAlly
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by AvifiskAlly »

Fanblade wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:04 am
HansDietrich wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:03 am Are you going to try to sell me that flying a CRJ 900 at Jazz for 40K is morally acceptable, yet flying a Boeing 737 at Swoop for 55K is not?
You have misconstrued the point. The Swoop flying contractually belongs to the WJ pilot group. End of story. Until it is negotiated otherwise, or there is a strike lockout, it remains fact.

If you apply to Swoop, and are willing to take the job, you are volunteering to help WJ management pressure it’s pilots into pay and working condition cuts.

Flying belongs to no group. WJ pilots have earned Nothing yet. Don’t even have a contract yet. Give the rest of us some credit for not getting involved in your own self righteous crusade to line your own pocket.

boeingguy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by boeingguy »

hurtin'albertan wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:28 am
WeedPro2000 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:02 am More pilots have been terminated since ALPA arrived at WJ than in the last 10 years. Who knows, there could be more on the way. Three cheers for representation!!
1. Wrong. Prove otherwise. Do you all of a sudden have inside information? Pretty sure that's a violation of privacy issue. Maybe there was a list inside the envelope with the $15k in it.
2. Hypocrite. "RUN! DON'T WALK to sign an ALPA card!" Sound familar? When a certain wingnut's ass was on the line for disciplinary reasons, he made it quite clear that he thought ALPA was the way to salvation.

What a trainwreck this ongoing multiple personality and made up anti union crap saga has become.

Oh, and someone (probably not our friend NCP/rotten apple/weedman made a fake NCP account for shits and giggles. Check out the accent on the e in new.
X2

Completely agree. Funny no more talk about ALPA salvation from Wingnut

Victory
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Victory »

What was the disciplinary action for?

Airtids
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Airtids »

AvifiskAlly wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:44 am [quote=Fanblade post_id=<a href="tel:1030182">1030182</a> time=<a href="tel:1518969863">1518969863</a> user_id=34448]
[quote=HansDietrich post_id=<a href="tel:1030164">1030164</a> time=<a href="tel:1518962618">1518962618</a> user_id=48700]
Are you going to try to sell me that flying a CRJ 900 at Jazz for 40K is morally acceptable, yet flying a Boeing 737 at Swoop for 55K is not?

[/quote]

Flying belongs to no group. WJ pilots have earned Nothing yet. Don’t even have a contract yet. Give the rest of us some credit for not getting involved in your own self righteous crusade to line your own pocket.
[/quote]

Damn quote function!
Fan blade is correct.
This is what I think most arguing in favour of OTS pilots flying Swoop don’t understand, and they are in error. We have an agreement that was negotiated. The company has always told us it was legally binding, but the pilot group always felt a bit unconvinced, which was part of the attraction of ALPA for some. Upon certification that agreement was frozen and became legally binding. That contract states (top of page 63) “All aircraft operated by Westjet, Westjet Encore, it’s subsidiaries, affiliates and/or any entity in which Westjet has effective and/or operational control must be flown by pilots as listed in the WPDL”. This seems pretty clear to me (and thanks due to WJPA for this clear verbiage). Unless you want to try and argue that Swoop is not a Westjet entity. Good luck with that, but I guess that’s what the CIRB is for. You go to Swoop, you are taking flying away from the WPDL Pilots. Maybe I’m missing something, but I don’t think so...

Last edited by Airtids on Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aviation- the hardest way possible to make an easy living!
"You can bomb the world to pieces, but you can't bomb it into peace!" Michael Franti- Spearhead
"Trust everyone, but cut the cards". My Grandma.
DropTanks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by DropTanks »

Victory wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:49 am What was the disciplinary action for?

How much time do you have?

Return to “WestJet”