Getting Swoop flying back to WJ pilots

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Getting Swoop flying back to WJ pilots

Post by flyinhigh »

CaptainHaddock wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:22 pm Blue42 I have not seen that information anywhere in regards to vacation. I am sure I could apply to the website with anyone else off the street. There was no attempt made to forwarn they were opening up to hire for Swoop. It is apparent now in hindsight that the company never intended to use WestJet pilots for Swoop.
I did see the Listing being referred to. However, it said that your vacation and seniority will carry over at the years of service to the swoop policy and procedures. No mention of maintaining seniority with Westjet
---------- ADS -----------

Red1
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Red1 »

I think like Mel mentioned ALPA and the company will eventually negotiate something to keep WestJet pilots flying WestJet aircraft, in the end its probably in everyone best interest. Everyone just needs to get past the politics, and settle down and being negotiating.

The force will be with you, always
pacman007
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pacman007 »

I hope so. But if management went this far already I don’t think the WestJet pilots will get the flying back. Swoop starts selling tickets in a few weeks. If the response is huge the company will Let the pilots rot at mainline and let all the millennials fly for swoop. Not looking good for the profession now. The 737 is the new king air....

arsenal
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by arsenal »

Major Wingnut in the news. Rest In Peace Aimé-Jean St. Hilaire-Adam.

http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-new ... huge-heart

Snagmaster E
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Snagmaster E »

Blue42 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:33 am While it's correct that there has been no internal posting there is nothing prevent current employees from applying. It has also been posted the current employees would keep the employee number and "seniority" position for vacation. Not sure if it applies to pay position, still some unknowns.
ALPA owns the list now.

Oh and...
0B2104EA-6197-4F02-9C76-6E59FC5FC67A.jpeg
0B2104EA-6197-4F02-9C76-6E59FC5FC67A.jpeg (58.71 KiB) Viewed 1846 times

Money, wish I had it...

Return to “WestJet”