Why would anyone want to go to Swoop?

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Air.Field
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Why would anyone want to go to Swoop?

Post by Air.Field »

When this is all said and done; in the future, this will be taught in business courses on how not to run an airline.
---------- ADS -----------

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

As to the reason why the US get raises and Canada gets Swooped: The USA is a capitalist country, and Canada is a communist one. Look at how hard everyone fights to avoid market forces taking hold.

The main goal in Canada is for everyone to be equal.

Equally poor.

But at least Canada is gender-neutral and has diversity and inclusiveness as its strengths. So there's that I guess.

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
atphat
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by atphat »

complexintentions wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:03 am

Equally poor.
Can’t argue with that.

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

complexintentions wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:03 am As to the reason why the US get raises and Canada gets Swooped: The USA is a capitalist country, and Canada is a communist one. Look at how hard everyone fights to avoid market forces taking hold.

Equally poor.

But at least Canada is gender-neutral and has diversity and inclusiveness as its strengths. So there's that I guess.
Sadly this is the truth

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Air.Field wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:17 am When this is all said and done; in the future, this will be taught in business courses on how not to run an airline.
It all depends on the result and the perspective.

If the CEO successfully manages to strong arm the WS pilots into lower pay at Swoop through some form of pressure i.e the burning platform method, then it will taught as a win to future business students and managers.

If the CEO crashes and burns with both companies through lengthy legal strife and Westjet eventually takes a large hit financially due to strikes and loss of customer retention - it will be taught as what not to do. Might want to liquidate your stocks before that happens.

Way too early to tell yet who will be who :ANAL:

As far as getting Swooped vs the U.S - between capitalism and market size, we always seem to fall behind the U.S by about 3-5 years. Unfortunately those same forces (both Liberal and Conservative) that keep us poor, keep us from getting obliterated like the U.S mortgage market in 2008 - a tsunami of debt still resonating through the financial oceans today.

Canada is a mess of indecision politically which leaves us constantly scratching our heads as to direction.

At least weed is legal come Canada Day - that should help with not needing the LTD at WS and Swoop.

S.

Return to “WestJet”