WJ ALPA Member Resigns Membership

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

NewCommercialPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

WJ ALPA Member Resigns Membership

Post by NewCommercialPilot »

It was with pleasure and surprise that I just read the passionate letter one of WJ's senior (more senior than me) pilots wrote to ALPA announcing his resignation from ALPA.

Ladies and gentlemen. This is likely not the last resignation. Discontent is growing among the ranks as the tangible results of ALPA leadership become more clear.

I heartily salute the actions of this individual. It cannot have been an easy decision. He is a quiet man, not given to impulsive action.

Cheers,

John

(And to answer a poster here who questions why I don't post on the ALPA forum, the answer is simple: I'm not a member.)

And last of all, Praise Kek! Shadilay!
---------- ADS -----------

Oldcommercialpilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: WJ ALPA Member Resigns Membership

Post by Oldcommercialpilot »

Bravo. So you and some “senior” pilot have “resigned” from ALPA. Not sure exactly what purpose that serves since they will still be your governing representation, you will still be paying the same dues and you will still be bound by any decisions or negotiations they make. All you’ve really accomplished is to exclude yourself from any surveys or votes. In essence, you’ve ensured that you no longer have a voice. It’s probably for the best anyway.

Snagmaster E
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Snagmaster E »

31BC0DC2-1CA3-45A2-AA13-97172305BB1F.jpeg
31BC0DC2-1CA3-45A2-AA13-97172305BB1F.jpeg (38.95 KiB) Viewed 2294 times

Money, wish I had it...
Loner
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Loner »

Oldcommercialpilot wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:07 am It’s probably for the best anyway.
That’s not a very “inclusive” comment...
Hopefully you’re not an elected rep as you don’t have the proper attitude to gather people from different opinions...”You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar”

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

NewCommercialPilot wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:05 am Ladies and gentlemen. This is likely not the last resignation. Discontent is growing among the ranks as the tangible results of ALPA leadership become more clear.
Actually I think that ALPA's support is only growing, but that's just my observation.

Dixon_rd
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Dixon_rd »

Bede wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:47 am
NewCommercialPilot wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:05 am Ladies and gentlemen. This is likely not the last resignation. Discontent is growing among the ranks as the tangible results of ALPA leadership become more clear.
Actually I think that ALPA's support is only growing, but that's just my observation.
You are correct. I’ve had 2 people in the past week tell me they are 100% on board with ALPA being our representation. These guys were not supporters a year ago. Support is getting stronger every day.
Stay unified!

Return to “WestJet”