Let's all apply at Swoop!

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

lisascottme
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Let's all apply at Swoop!

Post by lisascottme »

altiplano wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:27 am Nice to see WestJet ALPA representing their members.

https://youtu.be/YyUXQeGAI4o

I wouldn't leave any half decent job for Swoop...

When the injunction comes down it will be pulled out from under you.
Really - those are the guys leading this fight?????????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
---------- ADS -----------

RidersRule
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RidersRule »

lisascottme wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:46 am
altiplano wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:27 am Nice to see WestJet ALPA representing their members.

https://youtu.be/YyUXQeGAI4o

I wouldn't leave any half decent job for Swoop...

When the injunction comes down it will be pulled out from under you.
Really - those are the guys leading this fight?????????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wow. Way to judge someone off of a seven minute video.

The process has begun. Sounds like we should see something in the next two weeks.Feel Damn proud and fortunate to have ALPA in our corner.

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

NewCommercialPilot wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:01 pm I wonder if that isn't bordering on some kind of anti-competitive behaviour on the part of employees of the dominant competitor in the airline sector in Canada? If I were WestJet I would be looking to the courts to issue a cease and desist order to ALPA.
I get it that you don't understand how labour law works, but this just seems to emphasize how little you know. So a couple things:
1) WJ did ask for a cease and desist. From the CIRB. I'm pretty sure that you were aware of that.
2) Unions ARE by their very nature anti-competitive. This doesn't make it against the law. Anti-competitive practices apply only to corporations, not unions. In fact, collective bargaining is a practice endorsed by virtually every civilized society and is enshrined in both our Canada Labour Code and the Charter.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

lisascottme wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:46 am Really - those are the guys leading this fight?????????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'd be proud if those guys and that association represented me. Professional and transparent.

You on the other hand? Joined this website yesterday...

Parents basement? Fake username? Both?

Whatever it is... ZERO credibility.

lisascottme
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by lisascottme »

altiplano wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:24 am
lisascottme wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:46 am Really - those are the guys leading this fight?????????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'd be proud if those guys and that association represented me. Professional and transparent.

You on the other hand? Joined this website yesterday...

Parents basement? Fake username? Both?

Whatever it is... ZERO credibility.
Sure thing there keyboard cowboy, unlike you I never saw the need to post on this b!tch site before yesterday... this topic is simply toxic and needs some perspective. some of the BS you guys spew on this site could really negatively influence some young pilots and cost them years of seniority and some great employers.

Also - Are you not making a huge assumption that they are being transparent??? It's just the candy cane version of the story the ALPO club wants you to hear.

PS - How can my username be more or less fake than anyone else?

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Either way the CIRB should rule in the next two weeks and provide clarity to anyone who was interested in Swoop. If they rule in ALPA's favor then it will pretty much force both sides to negotiate an agreement on Swoop crewing soonish if they want to launch in June.

On the other hand if it goes against ALPA and the CIRB rules that WestJet can hire off the street then its unlikely a common employer decision is going to reverse that after the fact and opens it up to off the street applications.

Either way labour relations have sure gone downhill fast...

DropTanks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by DropTanks »

Don't forget the part that if the CIRB rules against ALPA then it flies in the face of all labour law in this country. I have serious serious doubts that this Liberal government will side with a profitable corporation over labour. They will do what they can to get both sides to sit down and hash this out. Now a Harper/Raitt doubleteam on the other hand??? Nothing would surprise me from them.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

lisascottme wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:57 am Sure thing there keyboard cowboy, unlike you I never saw the need to post on this b!tch site before yesterday... this topic is simply toxic and needs some perspective. some of the BS you guys spew on this site could really negatively influence some young pilots and cost them years of seniority and some great employers.
Is that what you call your posts? Perspective?
How about you all fight the good fight while I'll take the job build up some time and swoop off to AC in a year or two.
Are you kidding me - I guess I would be worried if ACPA actually hired pilots but for now and the next 100 years I think I'll be OK swoop, swoop swoop
Not much so far...

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

$10 says lisascottme is the same as NewCommercialPilot aka Rotten Apple.

Don't feed the troll.

RidersRule
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RidersRule »

Maybe Gregg S joined avcanada 😂

NéwCommercialPilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by NéwCommercialPilot »

I have had a change of heart. I now fully support the WestJet ALPA MEC.

WestJet Flying
WestJet Pilots

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

They forgot "try and not have all our pilots go to AC" - March 2018

.80@410
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by .80@410 »

Just callin it like it is.
Oldcommercialpilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Oldcommercialpilot »

Anyone still want to go to Swoop?
Sounds like you might enjoy a year or so of poverty wages and then your options will either be:

A) The court ruling goes in favour of ALPA and you either become unemployed or get to keep your job and wind up a Dash-8 FO at the bottom of the Encore seniority list

Or

B) The ruling goes in favour of WJ and you have effectively thrown away your chances of employment at both Air Canada and WestJet via the recruitment ban.
Hope you were planning for an entire career as an Ultra Low Cost pilot.

Sounds like a win/win to me

https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=t&u ... _S6I_6HP2Q

Last edited by Oldcommercialpilot on Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
.80@410
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by .80@410 »

Just callin it like it is.
mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

lisascottme wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:37 am
DrSpaceman wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:45 pm You guys go ahead and undermine the conditions of all Canadian pilots, don't come crying when we all close the doors to you when you realize it's not a career company in a few years... or months!

Thanks -I will BTW I bet the hundreds of pilots at Jazz sleep fine at night knowing the lowered the bar when they took the RJ's from AC, maybe they woke up in a cold sweat when AGL did the same to them. I dont see the Encore guys all a twitter because they lowered the bar at the regionals
You’re supplying your own BS here, the RJs were ordered by Air Nova and taken away by the AC pilots agreeing to fly them for less, the fact they ended up returned to Regional was them coming back to the original owners.
Enjoy your Swoop job, I hope you get everything you deserve.

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
hurtin'albertan
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hurtin'albertan »

mbav8r wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:31 pm
lisascottme wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:37 am
DrSpaceman wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:45 pm You guys go ahead and undermine the conditions of all Canadian pilots, don't come crying when we all close the doors to you when you realize it's not a career company in a few years... or months!

Thanks -I will BTW I bet the hundreds of pilots at Jazz sleep fine at night knowing the lowered the bar when they took the RJ's from AC, maybe they woke up in a cold sweat when AGL did the same to them. I dont see the Encore guys all a twitter because they lowered the bar at the regionals
You’re supplying your own BS here, the RJs were ordered by Air Nova and taken away by the AC pilots agreeing to fly them for less, the fact they ended up returned to Regional was them coming back to the original owners.
Enjoy your Swoop job, I hope you get everything you deserve.
LOL. Easy bro. Pretty sure "lisascottme" is a joke account created just to get all y'alls blood pressure up. Pretty sure NCP, JohnnyHotBallz, etc, and all the other antagonists are doing the same. It's for shits n' giggles. No self respecting real pilot would ever spew this sh!t for serious. They just be playing. All good man! Just LOL it and get on with life.

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

lisascottme wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:46 am Really - those are the guys leading this fight?
What do you know of those 2 men?
One is a former F/O of mine and is a stand-up gentleman.

AvifiskAlly
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by AvifiskAlly »

FICU wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:37 pm
lisascottme wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:46 am Really - those are the guys leading this fight?
Hey, maybe they are good guys do yourselves a favour and get some people that can actually go on Camera and tell a story like it’s believable. Maybe they are fighting and noble cause but they appear to be very very poor voices. The message is lost in the incredibly horrible camera presence.

Not only that I still go back to the fact that this is just the way it is in this industry from EPA to Canadian to Air Canada to zip to rouge to WestJet encore to Pacific coastal to jazz Georgian sky. All of these guys have eaten each other’s lunch at some point because it is competitive business. It seems like a lot of the people on this forum want WestJet to be noncompetitive and to be left behind to companies like jet line and flair

Last edited by AvifiskAlly on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
AvifiskAlly
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by AvifiskAlly »

AvifiskAlly wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:04 am
FICU wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:37 pm
Hey, maybe they are good guys do yourselves a favour and get some people that can actually go on Camera and tell a story like it’s believable. Maybe they are fighting and noble cause but they appear to be very very poor voices. The message is lost in the incredibly horrible camera presence.

Not only that I still go back to the fact that this is just the way it is in this industry from EPA to Canadian to Air Canada to zip to rouge to WestJet encore to Pacific coastal to jazz Georgian sky. All of these guys have eaten each other’s lunch at some point because it is competitive business. It seems like a lot of the people on this forum want WestJet to be noncompetitive and to be left behind to companies like jet line and flair

Return to “WestJet”