WJ ALPA Video explains dire negots

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

groundpilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

WJ ALPA Video explains dire negots

Post by groundpilot »

---------- ADS -----------

Boreas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: WJ ALPA Video explains dire negots

Post by Boreas »

Good on you guys for making, and publicly posting a video.

All the best!

Demeter
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Demeter »

That the guy that applied to AC on the left? Awesome loyalty. Pity they dragged pilot assistance into it as well......... That should stay out of any of this.

Maritimer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Maritimer »

Edited.

Transonic
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Transonic »

Demeter wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:29 pm That the guy that applied to AC on the left? Awesome loyalty. Pity they dragged pilot assistance into it as well......... That should stay out of any of this.
I suspect NCP again. AKA RottenApple#1, WeedPro2000 plus who knows.

Demeter
Joined:Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:18 amLast active:Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:53 amTotal posts:1 | Search user’s posts

Demeter
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Demeter »

No, I’m not. Just a new poster. Just because someone says something critically doesn’t mean it has to be that guy! I’m sure the mods can look at ip’s to confirm.

Jimmy2
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jimmy2 »

I imagine there are very few pilots there that haven't applied at AC at some point. I wouldn't hold it against them. It certainly doesn't mean they are going to sabotage the company or not give their best just because they applied somewhere else.

Transonic
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Transonic »

Demeter wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:53 am No, I’m not. Just a new poster. Just because someone says something critically doesn’t mean it has to be that guy! I’m sure the mods can look at ip’s to confirm.
Doubtful.

So your first post is to echo a rumour that has only been mentioned on here by NCP in this thread? viewtopic.php?f=36&t=122366

A post that was later edited when it was brought to your attention that the last WJPA Chair went to AC.

If you're savvy enough to program arduino, then you're savvy enough to reroute your IP address. Or use a hotel computer.

Now that I have your attention, It looks like your common employer complaint prediction didn't happen. ALPA has instead responded with a defence on three fronts. Perhaps your legal crystal ball is actually opaque.

Last edited by Transonic on Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by SuperchargedRS »

Sounds like WJ doesn't take the union seriously and thinks it's majorly disconnected with the pilots on the line.

I'd say best bet would be to get a strike and shut the airline down for a month or so, combine that with good media coverage was to why the pax flights are getting screwed, make sure the public image is on the underlaidmand over worked pilots vs WJ, and how they are paid crap compared to the rest of the 1st world pilots, and that should maybe make WJ come to their senses.

These people only speak one thing, and that's the bottom line, they need to know that messing with the pilots can hurt them, I would also would wager WJ would happily sell your mother if they thought it would make them two cents.

Shut it down.

Impact
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Impact »

Demeter wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:29 pm That the guy that applied to AC on the left? Awesome loyalty. Pity they dragged pilot assistance into it as well......... That should stay out of any of this.
Well said. As I recall, the ALPA OC were at that time selling the ALPA Pilot Assistance program as the “industry gold standard”, and wanted to distance themselves from any company funding of said program in order to claim full ownership. Now ALPA wants the company to fund its PAT?

Serious question. Do other airlines in Canada fund their pilots treatment for addictions, whether represented by ALPA or not? Or for that matter, do companies in other industries do it? I’m curious.

FL410AV8R
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by FL410AV8R »

Demeter wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:53 am No, I’m not. Just a new poster. Just because someone says something critically doesn’t mean it has to be that guy! I’m sure the mods can look at ip’s to confirm.
Yet your first post on here is an attempt to tarnish the reputation of a fellow pilot with a ridiculous character assassination. Your Mummy must be proud.

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

Impact wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:17 am
Well said. As I recall, the ALPA OC were at that time selling the ALPA Pilot Assistance program as the “industry gold standard”, and wanted to distance themselves from any company funding of said program in order to claim full ownership. Now ALPA wants the company to fund its PAT?

Serious question. Do other airlines in Canada fund their pilots treatment for addictions, whether represented by ALPA or not? Or for that matter, do companies in other industries do it? I’m curious.
Yes. SWG does.

WeedPro2000
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WeedPro2000 »

Transonic wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:47 am
I suspect NCP again. AKA RottenApple#1, WeedPro2000 plus who knows.

Demeter
Joined:Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:18 amLast active:Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:53 amTotal posts:1 | Search user’s posts
Hahahaha nope! You guys are too clever for me to try to fool again.

I just landed in Edmonton after a flight from YYZ so by the time stamp it would be impossible for me to post unless I gave out my password or logged in to our onboard WIFI which is against our rules, neither of which I did.

truedude
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by truedude »

Impact wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:17 am Serious question. Do other airlines in Canada fund their pilots treatment for addictions, whether represented by ALPA or not? Or for that matter, do companies in other industries do it? I’m curious.
So does Jazz.

Westjet is way behind other airlines. And what management at Westjet is doing is disgraceful. I really don't understand how the board seems to be perfectly okay with this as employee relationship sours. Pilots have the ability to save or cost an airline millions. Two decades of having an amazing employee employer relations destroyed by a single individual.

Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by #37 »

That "guy on the left" is an amazing human being. Intelligent, diligent, and an all around sincere gentleman. Odds are poor AC has let you (or anyone else) in on who has applied there or not, so your information came directly from him????

Na, thought not.

If he has applied it only underlines that he is a perceptive prudent individual! Good for him. So your effort to discredit him actually isn't "critical" at all, your efforts just demonstrate that you are a willing participant in rumours and inuendo and not really aware of the current state of the industry.(it's a smart career move for a WJA FO to apply to AC right now).

Demeter
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Demeter »

I’ll bet you haven’t asked him or the other MEC person if they applied personally? Na. Didn’t think so. I think you will be surprised. It’s still a demonstration that they lack the commitment. Not the people you want in there. Just sayin. Better yet. Ask it on the Alpa forum! I’ll grab some popcorn

monkey
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by monkey »

Great video! You guys and gals at WJ look to be in good hands.

I wonder how much stock all the pilots collectively hold .... As owners could you not collectively apply pressure?

Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by #37 »

Demeter wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:52 pm I’ll bet you haven’t asked him or the other MEC person if they applied personally? Na. Didn’t think so. I think you will be surprised. It’s still a demonstration that they lack the commitment. Not the people you want in there. Just sayin. Better yet. Ask it on the Alpa forum! I’ll grab some popcorn
Why do I have to ask? Its your issue.

You think I'll be surprised????

Do you think I'd care? Applying to AC right now would be a great career move.
Lack of commitment???? Ha ha ha, those two guys have dragged WestJet pilots from the dark ages. They have been at it for five years or something like that? Lack of commitment on a rumour??????

Demeter
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Demeter »

:smt014 just not worth the effort. Back to watching the show.

Last edited by Demeter on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Transonic
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Transonic »

Demeter wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:52 pm It’s still a demonstration that they lack the commitment.
He's next in line for an upgrade so I cannot imagine someone more committed! That's a no brainer.

I'm starting to think that Impact is also an Alias for NCP, albeit toned down.

Return to “WestJet”